(05-14-2004) More Album Talk From Bono -- CNN *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
More Album Talk From Bono

During an interview with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin about the war on AIDS, Bono talked to CNN about the forthcoming U2 album. He said the album should be completed by summer with a first single in September and the album released in October/November. Bono also said that this would be U2's first rock 'n roll album.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more U2 album news.

--CNN

Thanks to ABEL and ramblin rose!

I wish he'd stop saying that this is going to be their first rock 'n roll album.... maybe it will be their hardest or their most direct and raw but not their FIRST rock 'n roll album. But I know what he means. Now I?m getting really anxious with all the pictures and news. Got to vent a little.

Knowing Bono it will be a Hip Hop record. He is all over board when it comes to labeling U2's music. Either which way it will be great.

wow maybe i put him in the 'new album' frame of mind with my 4 or 5 word question and his head moving response.

;)

He didn't say that about ATYCLB 6 months after its release... I remember quotes in the line of "right now we're making beautiful soul music"... which makes sense to me after hearing it. Hope he's right about all this rock'n'roll stuff!!!!

martha said:
I want it to make my ears bleed.

:up:

or at least make my ass shake.

or my head spin.

or my......

err....I better stop there:wink:

"POP" was supposed to be a "rock'n'roll" album...so this new thing is gonna be sth Eminem might have written and Guns'n'Roses might have played afterwards...

:applaud: The single will be out for my birthday! That would be funny if that's all my peeps got me.

I've been into U2 for 4 years now(I know I'm new, but you would never guess it) and they are now just finguring it out. It took them 5 years to figure out I was an avid X Files fan.

I remember that "titanium soul" comment Bono made about All That... before its release. It certainly felt that way for me. This new comment about this album being their first rock n' roll album sounds incredibly promising. I'm ready to be a teen again!

dsmith2904 said:
More Album Talk From Bono

During an interview with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin about the war on AIDS, Bono talked to CNN about the forthcoming U2 album. He said the album should be completed by summer with a first single in September and the album released in October/November. Bono also said that this would be U2's first rock 'n roll album.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more U2 album news.

--CNN

Thanks to ABEL and ramblin rose!

Bono is notorious for rattling off BS before the release of a new album. You can't believe anything he says. Oh by the way POP is a dance album. I'll just be happy to hear a definite release date. 5 years is ridiculus.

Re: Re: (05-14-2004) More Album Talk From Bono -- CNN *

new orleans said:

Bono is notorious for rattling off BS before the release of a new album. You can't believe anything he says. Oh by the way POP is a dance album. I'll just be happy to hear a definite release date. 5 years is ridiculus.

don't you mean 4 years?

first rock n roll album? ab, joshua tree, war, what is he talking about? i think i know what he means, but i think he chose the wrong wording. still, great to hear more news about the album. ive waited so long for the album as long as it comes out sometime at the end of the year i dont care.

Maybe what he means is that this will be the first record filled with big, straightforward rock songs. Like The Joshua Tree had only Bullet The Blue Sky and Exit and those two are still quite slow. AB had The Fly, UTEOTW and so on.... Maybe this new record will have more than 2-4 on your face rock songs. That's good.

I think the pop/soul/sound of four men playing in a room descriptions for the last album Bono made vere right on, as was the "sound of four men chopping down the Joshua Tree" for AB.

While it's true Bono talks a lot :D it's interesting Edge also said several times it's very direct and very raw - a band in it's primary colors. I think that Edge was right when he said Electrical storm was a hint in the new direction, only he'd like to work on faster songs. I don't know that ALL of the album will be rocking, but I think the feel to it will be.

Last edited:
I agree with the Brazilian fly on his/her comment. I think that every U2 album is rock in one way or another. When you really think about it, considering what is on the radio today, you can't really define what is "rock". As long as the new album is good, that is all I am worried about. Whether the album is good or not will determine how many shows I want to see on the upcoming tour.

I hope that it has more fast songs on it than ATYCLB...wich was a very good album but I enjoy their faster songs more...

Last edited:
isabelle_guns said:
When you really think about it, considering what is on the radio today, you can't really define what is "rock".

U2 defines rock.

Everything else is dance, pop, grunge, 'alternative' (like that label applies anymore), country, etc...

They haven't had any competition in the 'rock and roll' department in a decade or more...

Just my opinionated opinion...

goat

}:)~

Back
Top Bottom