(05-08-2003) Bloomberg: Bono Might Like Me - NyNewsday *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.nynewsday.com/

Poll: New Yorkers Don't Like Mike
By Glenn Thrush
Staff Writer

Mayor Michael Bloomberg's approval rating has plummeted to 32 percent, with many New Yorkers so fed up with tax, fee and fare hikes nearly half wouldn't even want to have dinner with him.

Bloomberg's numbers are the lowest any mayor has gotten in the nine-year history of the Quinnipiac University poll, reaching levels not seen since one-term Mayor David Dinkins bottomed out at 29 percent in another economic downturn in 1991.

About two-thirds of 757 registered voters polled said they disapprove of Bloomberg's handling of the budget and taxes and feel he's out of touch with their day-to-day concerns, although 75 percent found him "a hard worker" and 89 percent thought he was "intelligent."

"They think he's a zillionaire who can't relate to their problems," said poll director Maurice Carroll. "Our numbers show that most folks don't even want to have dinner with the guy. That's bad news."

(snip)

The respondents, by a 46 to 40 percent margin, said they didn't think it would be "fun" to have supper with the mayor.

Bloomberg brushed it off, saying he was warmly greeted by celebrities at the TriBeCa Film Festival Tuesday night.

"[U2 singer] Bono said lots of nice things about me," he said. "I think he'd probably be fun to have dinner with. Hopefully he'll think I am."

HelloAngel said:
"[U2 singer] Bono said lots of nice things about me," he said. "I think he'd probably be fun to have dinner with. Hopefully he'll think I am."

:yuck: Not that Bono wouldn't be a lovely dinner partner, but he should be having dinner with groups in this city who've already asked him to - 'course the dinner conversation would not be as fun. :rant: And I'll have dinner with Bono instead. :sexywink:

bloomberg is a sacraficial lamb... he had no chance right from the start for two reasons... 1, the financial crisis nyc was left in after 9/11 is just too much for a mayor to handle in just one term in office... and 2, after 9/11 people finally realized just what a great mayor giuliani was, and there's no way in hell bloomberg could top that.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bloomberg is a sacraficial lamb... he had no chance right from the start for two reasons... 1, the financial crisis nyc was left in after 9/11 is just too much for a mayor to handle in just one term in office... and 2, after 9/11 people finally realized just what a great mayor giuliani was, and there's no way in hell bloomberg could top that.

those reasons are true, but you can also turn his name into BLOOMTERD, which is sidsplittingly funny:p

Back
Top Bottom