(05-07-2004) Paul McGuinness: Album in November, Tour in March - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
McGuinness Confirms Details During BBC Radio Session

Longtime U2 manager Paul McGuinness threw hungry U2 fans a much needed morsal during a UK radio broadcast last night on BBC Radio 5's Late Night Live programme. According to an Interference reader who wrote in, McGuinness had appeared on the show to speak about "a debate Paul had been taking part in regarding the merits of Reality TV shows and their affect on the music industry (Pop Idol etc.) At the end of the conversation, Paul was asked what U2 were up to and he said that they were recording in Dublin, he hoped that they were nearly finished and that a record would be out in November and that the tour would start in March next year (2005) in Miami, Florida" (which was near the site of the tour kickoff of Elevation.)

Please stay tuned to Interference.com as we find out more details on the release of the new U2 album!

Many thanks to Paul and Johan!

Last edited:
Now its November?

Well, better late than never! :happy:

Pearl said:
Now its November?

Well, better late than never! :happy:

Bono is horrible with exact dates on this kind of stuff, when Bono says October, think November. :p It probably has been November like Universal was saying. Always take whatever Bono says about release dates very generally and not as being exact! :wink:

McG is usually solid though. :)

Ugh, it'll be 4 + years now until 10-12 new songs. i believe ATYCLB was released in the US on Halloween that year. Man, what a SLOW process for a dozen songs.

Hi Angela Harlem

I'm Paul. But I don't think I can come in here and talk to you cos I'm not a Premium member! That's why I couldn't post this news - I emailed it in to interference.com

paulrg said:
Hi Angela Harlem

I'm Paul. But I don't think I can come in here and talk to you cos I'm not a Premium member! That's why I couldn't post this news - I emailed it in to interference.com

:up:

I meant just in the thread, so I could say a thank you :)

There's a word that worries me in the statement..:He "HOPEP" that they were nearly finished..

If i recall,he was also hoping that the album would be finish in late fall last year with a release in March or April of this year.......and we know what happen.

And With Bono taking part of the Tony Blair thing about Africa,who knows what will happen with this "10 000" deadline for the release of the album

So confusing and fustrating ,for us, the fans....

yyeaahh woohoo
victory dance:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
doesn't matter for me we finally have it from a reliable source :wink:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :bow: :up:

EDIT: I just read the thing again. I thought it was to be in October..... whatever, I can wait a little more!! But I hope Paul is just adding an extra month to make us all excited when they actually release it in October. :wink:

Last edited:
Due to this news, as well as the increased "chatter over the past weeks (i.e. the photo shoot, the Berlin reports, etc. etc.),The Office of U2 Security has decided to raise the U2 Album Advisory Warning Level to Orange, or High Level. Stay tuned for further details

Description of "High Status"- The album and release date is all but confirmed, and the countdown has begun. Adam has been pulled out of the basement and dusted off, given a shave, a hair cut, a new pair of red velvet pants, and a new spoon Bono picked up in Africa.

Well, since it's been four years, it better live up to its promises. I hope to have my ears bleeding from the constant pounding of pure rock adrenaline. Except no substitutes.

BigMacPhisto said:
Well, since it's been four years, it better live up to its promises. I hope to have my ears bleeding from the constant pounding of pure rock adrenaline. Except no substitutes.

It isn't like this has never happened before.
If memory serves, there was a 4 year gap between
Rattle & Hum and Acthung Baby albums?

New album! YAY YAY YAY!

Wow, tour kickoff in Miami again-- that seems odd for a band that doesn't like to repeat themselves.

Wonder if it will be USA spring, Europe summer, USA fall again...
... then off to ROW is what I meant. Agreed-- it will be a true world tour!

Last edited:
i exepct this to be a proper world tour...maybe , yes 2 legs of europe and USA....but add in South America, Mexico, Australia New Zealand Ect

Re: (05-07-2004) Paul McGuinness: Album in November, Tour in March - Interference.com*

HelloAngel said:
McGuinness Confirms Details During BBC Radio Session

"At the end of the conversation, Paul was asked what U2 were up to and he said that they were recording in Dublin, he hoped that they were nearly finished and that a record would be out in November and that the tour would start in March next year (2005) in Miami, Florida
" (which was near the site of the tour kickoff of Elevation.)

HONEY, WE'RE GOING OUTSIDE!!!! PRO PLAYER STADIUM! MIAMI! A HOME GAME BEFORE THE ROAD TRIP!

Last edited:
At least they're coordinated.

RockNRollDawgie said:

It isn't like this has never happened before.
If memory serves, there was a 4 year gap between
Rattle & Hum and Acthung Baby albums?

New album! YAY YAY YAY!

AND...

PopMart ended March 21, 1998
3 years and 3 days later...
Elevation began March 24, 2001
Elevation ended December 2, 2001
3 years, 2 months, and 27 days later...
U2 Live 2005 begins!

This album release issue has always been about when the tour will start. The huge success U2 had starting a North American Tour at the beginning of spring is logically repeated. After all, you can't route a stadium tour during the NFL / NCAA football season.

Last edited:
so where will it be...

aac-arena-air-375.jpg

spo_bettors.jpg

Back
Top Bottom