(05-07-2004) Paul McGuinness: Album in November, Tour in March - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In case you're wondering: no I haven't been to a stadium show yet. :laugh:

Thanks for all that info.

:drool: :drool: O - the thought that the next album & tour might REALLY be just around the corner!!!!

:eek: An awful thought - what if the tour dates near me conflict with the other travel arrangements I've already committed to?!?
So help me, if I find out they're playing along the lower Eastern Seaboard (FL,GA,SC,VA or NC) around the beginning to middle of March '05 while I'm in Antiqua -- I will have a COMPLETE mental meltdown & throw the "mutha" of all hissy fits!!!!! It...will not...be...pretty. :evil: :censored:

BluRmGrl said:
:eek: An awful thought - what if the tour dates near me conflict with the other travel arrangements I've already committed to?!?
So help me, if I find out they're playing along the lower Eastern Seaboard (FL,GA,SC,VA or NC) around the beginning to middle of March '05 while I'm in Antiqua -- I will have a COMPLETE mental meltdown & throw the "mutha" of all hissy fits!!!!! It...will not...be...pretty. :evil: :censored: [/B]

Oy, I hate to be the one...

If the tour starts in March and if the tour starts in Miami, you're probably screwed. On the other hand, it means that I'd see them early in the tour again here in Atlanta. I'd just as soon see them in the middle to end of the tour... the shows just seem to get better.

Stadium vs. arena.

Man, I'd love to see U2 in a stadium again, but I'd like to see it done like ZooTV. Arenas first, then come back around for the stadiums. Put on another 2-3 year tour. I'll pay for it as many times as I can!

It's no surprise that U2 decided to push back the release to fall. No way can U2 compete with high profile releases slated for the summer, like Avil, Alanis, Hanson, Blink182, and other big albums scheduled to be released soon or have been recently released. U2 would rather release in November where they have less competition and a better chance at getting good chart positions.

Cheers,

J

jick, go away... we're trying to be excited here. we know you're gonna put u2 down at any chance, and frankly i find most of your posts quite ammusing... but can you please just let one thread go by where people can get excited and not get into a pissing match over stupidity? ATYCLB was released the same day as records from Jay-Z and Outkast... i don't think compeating against friggin hanson really worry them too much...

cheers
H

ps- by any chance, is your name henry rollins?

Last edited:
Touring U2

i just really hope that U2 comes to Australia on there tour this time... us aussie fans are missing out. they didnt some here on the elevation tour... so im gonna kill someone if they dont some here with the new tour...

i just wanted to let everyone know how much it sux!!!
plz tour in the land down under... GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!

The Great Outdoors

U2girl said:
*takes notes* I see, thanks.

Where do bands set the stage when they play a stadium? Middle of the grassy area or at the back side of the site?

There are exceptions to the 'end stage' position. ZooTV Miami & PopMart Miami, (Joe Robbie Stadium - aka - Pro Player Stadium), the stage was strategically placed in front of the left-center field wall of the baseball field. In this configuration, the stage was perpendicular to the ends of the field. This reduced capacity to about 45,000 for those shows, which was sufficient for our market. If you link to the photo below, you will notice that when the north seats (left field) are hydraulically moved, the field is almost square.

http://proplayerstadium.com/bball-lg.html

Re: Re: Re: 2005 Tour

Wowy23 said:

Unless you're in Miami. I would love for them to kick it off with a stadium tour (Pro Player Stadium, of course) and then end it here in FL again maybe at the West Palm Beach amphitheatre site! Geez, I'm greedy and dreaming.

U2 did play West Palm Beach (my birthplace) once and only once. March 4, 1982, at the WPB Auditorium, U2 opened for J. Geils Band. Well, I have it second hand that the J. Geils demographic may not have fit our Dublin brothers well. A fair amount of booing was heard, and the mainstream kids didn't really understand "Gloria" very well. Anyway, Bono reportedly announced, from the stage, "We'll never play West Palm Beach again!"

PS
If U2 does create an outdoor tour, there will not be any ampitheatres involved due to Willie's humongus stage!

Lets not forget, not all the football stadiums are outdoors. Vancouver, as an example, has a covered 60.000 seat stadium. There are lots of options for stadium shows in the cold/wet season.

Re: Touring U2

jessi-ma-ca said:
i just really hope that U2 comes to Australia on there tour this time... us aussie fans are missing out. they didnt some here on the elevation tour... so im gonna kill someone if they dont some here with the new tour...

i just wanted to let everyone know how much it sux!!!
plz tour in the land down under... GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!

:up:

:ohmy: :wink: :wink:
Is it real? I can?t believe, but i hope. It was too long to wait, right?
Thank you Paul, thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom