(05-07-2003) Bono Opens the Tribeca Film Festival - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com
[SIMG]http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/movie_pix/tribeca/tribeca_film_festival_2003_photos/bono/tribeca3.jpg [/SIMG]
Bono was onhand in New York City yesterday with Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor to help actor pal Robert DeNiro launch the second annual Tribeca Film Festival. The festival seeks to celebrate moviemaking in New York City and to contribute aid to rebuilding lower Manhattan.

Below are various snippets from online news outlets about the film festival and Bono-related happenings...

from the NYPost:

TRIBECA STARS ARE REEL THING
By LOU LUMENICK

May 7, 2003 -- The stars shone downtown last night as the second Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a glamorous red-carpet premiere. Following a procession along Greenwich Street with Mayor Bloomberg, festival founder Robert De Niro and U2 vocalist Bono, stars Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor attended the debut of their romantic comedy, "Down With Love," at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center on Chambers Street.

From ITV.com:

Bono helps launch film festival

Rock legend Bono and Ewan McGregor have helped launch the second Tribeca film festival in downtown Manhattan. The pair were joined by actor Robert De Niro, who started the annual event last year to help revitalise the area following the September 11 terror attacks.

Bono said that he first fell in love with New York through watching films set in the city - many starring De Niro.

The movies captured the "heat and the rub and the static" of the city with "extraordinary honesty", he told the crowd at the opening ceremony close to Ground Zero. "It was the cultural power of New York city that turned an Irishman like me living a long way away in Dublin into a fan."

From Yahoo.com:

bono8.jpg

Bono, Ewan McGregor
Ceremony of Remembrance and Commemoration
Tribeca Film Festival, 5/6/2003
Photo: Kevin Mazur, Wireimage.com

bono10.jpg

Renee Zellweger, Bono, Ewan McGregor

tribeca3.jpg

Bono

tribeca2.jpg

Bono
Photo: RJ Capak, Wireimage.com

1052270375.3825270860.jpg

Bono and Zellweger at the film festival's opening ceremonies...REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

1052269886.3959439431.jpg

Bono and Zellweger at the film festival's opening ceremonies...REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

capt.1052272095.tribeca_film_festival_nyr118.jpg

(AP Photo/Stuart Ramson)

capt.1052266362.tribeca_film_festival_ceremony_xnyr903.jpg

Bono, Zellweger and McGregor at the film festival's opening ceremonies...(AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)

1052269614.3623985222.jpg

Bono, Zellweger and McGregor at the film festival's opening ceremonies...(REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton)

Last edited:
Saw Bono this morning on the today show, snippets of him with Bob DeNiro at the film festival. before the interview w/Katie. Wasn't expecting to see him and was pleasantly surprised. Good way to start off the day.

mmmmm Bono :drool:
mmmmm Ewan McGregor :drool:
How perfect is that? 2 of my favourite men in the same pic!! :drool:
*right click save*
Thanks Noodle :kiss::wave:

OMG!!!! To think I could have gone to that!!! Robbie Williams was supposed to perform at the Film Festival, but with everything going on at home I decided to stay here and not go...now i'm seriously kicking myself in the ass...Robbie, Ewan, and Bono:drool: :drool: :drool: Even if I could have caught a glimpse of them I would have been happy for a very very long time :lmao:

Lori

My boss just said he's 'being dragged" to the Tribeca Film Festival tomorrow night and then on to the big dinner with all the celebs afterwards. I told him to please look for Bono and give him my undying love, and he said he wouldn't recognize him. :scream:

melon said:
He needs to shave. White beard...

Melon

I gotta admit, I dont like the beard at all. That's just me. I think he looks great clean shaven. And the hat, I really don't like. Again, just me. Actually, all of it I don't like. Those glasses, nope. Don't like 'em. I think he looks good with no glasses. He's got great eyes. I can take the wraparound glasses. Certain colors look good on him. But hell, it's Bono. Sorry to piss off anyone. I'm just sleepy and bored.

:reject:

No I agree on the glasses. They look like drug store cheapies (and dont worry I know they arent..they are most likely Bulgari 515T's)

Like the longer hair tho...definately growing in nicely..

Back
Top Bottom