(05-05-2004) Bono to Speak at Tribeca Film Fest - Billboard.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono to address New York film festival crowd

U2 lead singer Bono will make a special address Saturday (May 8) at the Tribeca Film Festival's annual free concert in New York. American Express Presents Live at the Battery will boast performances by Van Morrison, Macy Gray, Steve Winwood and the Black Eyed Peas.

Saturday will also feature the Tribeca Family Festival Street Fair along Greenwich St., which will present entertainment on multiple stages, as well as crafts, games, story telling, art shows and local merchants.

The Tribeca Film Festival kicked off May 1 and runs through Sunday. For more information, visit the event's Web site: http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

Anyone know if he's going to be live or on Memorex for this one? Wondering how much of an effort I should make to scrounge up a ticket to this...:confused:

as far as I know he will be in person , and back in New York after his UPENN event.

It's first come first serve for the tix. I did my research already, tommorow in Battery Park is the last day to try and get 'em! 2 per person.

ya it is the 17th.. I'm not what he is coming back for but just know he is right after the event going to New York.. he has some sort of engagement but am not aware yet what.. could be a private thing..

Last edited:
actually i really can't share .. not yet .. but as soon as I hear I will let you know what the story is .. all I know for sure right now is he is leaving right after UPENN to go to New York

Last edited:
I would expect not to much ahead of time though.. he has been on the fly in fly out schedule as of late..but bottom line who knows..

Does anyone know of a way to get something to Bono's people
or to the man himself?

I have a product I invented called "A Shoulder To Cry On"
a pillow shaped like an actual shoulder.

I have decided to give it up to do some good for the world.

I'm in the middle of re-designing the packaging as i want it to reflect something in the line of "The world needs A Shoulder To Cry On"
It will have a little information booklet on Orphaned children and facts about the pandemic throughout Africa.

I'm hoping to get this to Bono in an effort to get his endorsement
as all proceeds are going to tyhe cause.
I'm originally from Ireland and currently reside in NY.

<URL EDITED OUT ... PLEASE READ THE FAQ/RULES>

This is a serious proposal and currently have graphic designer working on it. So if anyone knows how I could proceed with this or has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks again and sorry if this seems too forward as I just got here.
Chris.

I am a bit disappointed that when I posted this past Tuesday in PLEBA on the showing of the "Heart of America" film at Tribeca this coming Friday, 7 May, I received very little posted interest in the showing.

Now that we all know that Bono will be in NYC this weekend to participate in some of the festivities - look at all the interest!:eyebrow:

Personally, I think it's sad that many are willing to show interest in issues that Bono holds SO DEAR TO HIS HEART only when we know that he will be there!:ohmy:

I really don't know what Bono would think of those of us who only seem to care about Social Justice when we think that maybe we can get the chance to see him!:(

Anyway, I hope that Bono has a VERY LOVELY and PLEASANT time in NYC this weekend. :yes:

And Bono - I will ALWAYS BE WITH YOU on Social Justice issues - even if I don't get the chance to see you!:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

PEACE AND LOVE....with JUSTICE!:up: :hug:

ahh but thats reality isn't it Jamila.... ah well its frusterating but the way the world works.. besides that I am always confident Bono can tell what people are about soon as he meets them so
the screening no doubt will be busy with people waiitng to get a gimpse of Bono but thats part of celebrity and Bono also knows how to use that.. if more people see the film and he is there maybe more people will become aware.. I know that it suck that it take's his status but hey it's the way the world is and I guess you have to be thankful that people know more because of Bono.. Hopefully enough of those people will stand on there own two feet and come away from it with a sense of wanting to do something

Hey Katey & Jamila,

Jamila I have no stars in my eyes or blinded by Bono or his success.
Like katey said he is in a position to bring some light to a situation that needs more than a candle and God bless him he has taken a stand and made a difference.

My breakthrough came after participating in Landmark Education in NY over Valentines weekend and i came to the realization that there was more to the world than greed and money.

At that time I invented the possibility of Love , compassion and abundance for the world and decided to give up my little invention to help out the less fortunate.
Bono was the first that came to mind since he is a fellow countryman and has already proven he is more than lipservice.

This product can be tailored to any cause but my thinking is to get his endorsement and maybe he can write a jingle for the chip inside .
This would be sold with a dvd of his making and all proceeds going to charity.

Opps have to run I have a conference check in call at 5 .
Will check back later.

Oh by the way I had no luck getting tickets for battery park.
Got there at 12.15 and the line was half way around the park. The usher told me I had a slim chance from where I was so I bolted.

later,
Chris

Jamila said:
I am a bit disappointed that when I posted this past Tuesday in PLEBA on the showing of the "Heart of America" film at Tribeca this coming Friday, 7 May, I received very little posted interest in the showing.

Now that we all know that Bono will be in NYC this weekend to participate in some of the festivities - look at all the interest!:eyebrow:

Personally, I think it's sad that many are willing to show interest in issues that Bono holds SO DEAR TO HIS HEART only when we know that he will be there!:ohmy:

Maybe PLEBA is the wrong place for stuff like that. PLEBA is a fun forum. Maybe you should try EYKIW or The Goal is Soul.

Note too that trying to make people feel guilty with comments such as this is not the best way to do it either;)

Back
Top Bottom