(05-02-2003) Bono is king of Europe - Tiscali Music *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://music.tiscali.co.uk/

Bono is king of Europe

When Time Magazine asked its readers to choose Europe's biggest hero, the list of 20 nominees ranged from politicians to footballers with the local butcher thrown in for good measure.

And who have the magazine's readers chosen?

And the Winner is ...Bono!

The U2 front man is one of the most vocal advocates of the debt forgiveness movement - the Millennium Campaign - which aims to cancel the debts of the world's 52 poorest countries.

He has also become one of the most important speakers on Africa issues since helping to found DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa), earning him audiences in the Vatican and the White House to name a few.

Some way behind lying in 4th-7th places come French foreign minister Dominique de Villepin, Pope John Paul II, Finland's Linus Torvalds founder of Linux, and the French footballer, currently in the service of Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane.

Meanwhile, U2 plan to finish recording a brand new as-yet-untitled album this year, with a release set for early 2004.

In a recent interview with The New York Times Bono described the new material as more stripped down and guitar-led, saying,

"It's a very visceral album. The songs are very direct. They're big songs, big melodies and really, some full-on guitar playing by a very frustrated man.... [The Edge] is so gifted. If this is a great record, and I really think it will be, it will have a lot to do with him."

"My guitar playing has been fairly minimalist over the years.? Edge himself commented, ?I like to try and make as few notes as I can get away with, you know, create as big an effect as I can, to really explore what guitar could be, you know, and really push the boundaries of what guitar in a rock-and-roll band can sound like."

Hey, Tabby! I made that animating avatar for Bono Online :D Glad you liked it! ;)

He couldn't have done it without his devoted fans ;) But he deserves it! :yes:

Last edited:
Bono is king of Europe

When Time Magazine asked its readers to choose Europe's biggest hero, the list of 20 nominees ranged from politicians to footballers with the local butcher thrown in for good measure.

And who have the magazine's readers chosen?

And the Winner is ...Bono!

The U2 front man is one of the most vocal advocates of the debt forgiveness movement - the Millennium Campaign - which aims to cancel the debts of the world's 52 poorest countries.

He has also become one of the most important speakers on Africa issues since helping to found DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa), earning him audiences in the Vatican and the White House to name a few.

Some way behind lying in 4th-7th places come French foreign minister Dominique de Villepin, Pope John Paul II, Finland's Linus Torvalds founder of Linux, and the French footballer, currently in the service of Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane.

Meanwhile, U2 plan to finish recording a brand new as-yet-untitled album this year, with a release set for early 2004.

In a recent interview with The New York Times Bono described the new material as more stripped down and guitar-led, saying,

"It's a very visceral album. The songs are very direct. They're big songs, big melodies and really, some full-on guitar playing by a very frustrated man.... [The Edge] is so gifted. If this is a great record, and I really think it will be, it will have a lot to do with him."

"My guitar playing has been fairly minimalist over the years.? Edge himself commented, ?I like to try and make as few notes as I can get away with, you know, create as big an effect as I can, to really explore what guitar could be, you know, and really push the boundaries of what guitar in a rock-and-roll band can sound like." [/B][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom