(05-01-2004) U2 in Lisbon - Correio da Manha*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.correiomanha.pt/getimage.asp?tb=IMAGENS&id=73415[/SIMG]
U2 IN LISBON

Ed. note: This article has been translated into English using Google translation services.

"I very liked to be in Portugal. If it could, it was plus one days "and" I am to give everything for everything to return in briefing with one espect?culo of our next digress?o ". The revelations of Bono had been these, vocalista of the U2, to the Post office of the Morning, no longer Airport of the Portela, in the last minutes before the return the house and after having distributed autographs and abra?os for the fans who if found in the zone of departures.

getimage.asp

[Jorge Godinho]

Still that soon, the ticket of the U2 for our country was as a species of mini-Tornado, that agitated the troops, gave origin more to a series of less rocambolescos episodes or e, over all, marked the memory of who had the rare chance to coexist the four members of the group.

The Irish band, the photographer Anton Corbijn and one equips technique of ten people more than had been in the zone of Lisbon during three days to carry through photographs for the layer of the next album to originals (with edition foreseen for October), as well as filmings for the DVD that will follow the record.

But, despite the efforts of the producer, the Page International, luso of the looks of fans, curious was practically impossible to far keep the activities of the group in territory and also of the objetives of the cm. The history of these days, is registada for its intervening ones here.

In the Great Beach, Ant?nio Wood, photographer ' free to lancer ', was to catch images for a DVD work, when the unusual presence of a group of people inside of the empty swimming pool of the tourist complex of the beach, called its attention. It decided to take off some photos, because "the ones people seemed formiguinhas in the imensid?o of the swimming pool", as it described later to our periodical, and was for house without thinking more about the subject. But when a friend commented that the U2 "was in Portugal" and until "they had been to film in the Great Beach", Ant?nio remembered ' lufa lufa ' in the swimming pool, extended them it the maximum and... badly he obtained to believe that he had in the hands the biggest ' puncture ' of its life.

' "NOBODY WANTED FRUIT"

Beyond the Great Beach, the U2 had filmed in the Beach of Apples, in shipyards in the South edge, the Expo Park, the discoteca Lux and in the Azenhas of the Sea, village that, as a source that had the privilege of contactar of close with quarteto Irish, "left magic Bono".

"It adored the village, for being very conserved well and lamented that in Ireland the typical villages were to be destroyed by urbanism", added the same source, that described the members of the U2 as the most normal "and" very likeable "people". E had a detail that it did not escape to it: "Bono is the strong personality of the band, other goes behind of it. Moreover, it is always to telem?vel or to send ' e-mails ' to the highest personalities that if can imagine ", it disclosed.

But nor of work if they had only made the days of the U2 in Portugal. In the thursday, the musicians had lunchhed in theP?r-do-Sol restaurant, the Azenhas of the Sea, integrated in a comitiva of 21 people. The proprietors of the place, Teresa and Francisco Bernardino, had declared to the cm that they did not know "that they were the U2", but had guaranteed that "extremely they had been educated and very likeable".

The lunch was marked for 15h45 and repasto chosen anticipatedly for an element of the production. "They had eaten robalos, golden, shrimp-tiger, saladas, gratinadas borecoles, feijoada of B?zios and alheira of hunting. It had some vegetarians that had not touched nor in the meat nor in the fish and nobody wanted fruit or candies ". How much to drinks, "they had only asked for water and had somebody that drank a cup of white wine", counted.

The meal was devorada quickly because, still according to couple, they "had to continue to film in the Beach of the Apples", but "none was even so without a word of consideration for the food, that ' had adored ', and for the panoramic sight on the place".

The CORBJIN PASSION

The dutch photographer was of new the elect one to work with the U2, with who he keeps a relation of complicity initiated in 1983 and deepened in registers as ' The Joshua Tree ', ' Rattle And Hum ' and ' All That You Can't Leave Behind ', among others. Although it does not photograph exclusively the black person and white (also it has works in blue, chestnut and the colors), Corbjin is one gotten passionate for the universe of ' showbusiness ', that it portraies with particular sensitivity. Of the vast portf?lio in the musical domain they are part more than a hundred of record layers and interiors, layers of magazines and videos. Its first work for record dates of 1979, in the case for a ' Greatest Hits ' of the Steely Dan. Since then, the objetive of Corbjin already portraied Joe Jackson, Captain Beefheart, Depeche Mode, Nick Cave, Metallica, Bon Jovi, John Lee Hooker and many, many others. Blinded for the light, Corbjin also keeps a relation of complicity with Portugal, where already it brought another band, curiously Irish, the Therapy, that it registou in Lisbon (' 95) for ' Infernal Love '. In its page, Corbjin confesses that it is to work in a book of the U2, a DVD, and special a German magazine to publish in September.

SIX HOURS OF WAIT

"To be able to hug the Bono it was strange and very good", affirmed to the cm the young T?nia Almeida, one of the few Portuguese fans who obtained to be with the U2. The so special moment was to culminate of one day of true adventure: "It was to work when a friend said me that the U2 had heard in the radio that was in Portugal and that they went to film in the Beach of Apples. I left the work and I was soon for there. I satiated myself to look but to not vi them. As they were gone even so today, I came to the airport. I waited six hours to see them. It was everything very fast, but it was valid the penalty ", still counted moved.

-Vanessa Noble with A.F./L.F.S.

Extra special thanks to T?nia Almeida and L.F.S.!!

http://www.correiomanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=105652&idselect=13&idCanal=13&p=94

Last edited:
I wonder what's going to be on that DVD, maybe the making of those sessions....

"formiguinhas in the imensid?o..." means "little ants on the deepness..."

Well...can you see disapointmen in my eyes??

Where the hell is my pic with BONO??? :eek:(

I'm disappointed too Tania. I wanted to see your pic with Bono and I wanted to see a pic of the band I didn't need a magnifying glass to see. Is there any way you can get a better pic of you from the paper and post it here?

Hum...I'll see what I can do!!
Keep hoping guys!!
I think it will be worth the waiting!!! ;o)

Wow!

Thank you very very much, espelhito! :applaud:

Nice pisture!

It's good to see some new photos...:yes: :happy:

Hum....just thinking of how many times I dived in that swiming pool!!!
It's kind of weird!!!
But I think the pics will look very nice!!! They always have nice different ideas!!!

piscina3.jpg
[/IMG]

More pics of Adam, Bono, Edge and Larry in Portugal taken by Margarida Ribeiro

hxxx://www.u2dot.com/modules.php name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=864

Espelhito

heres some tour info ;)

"U2 have annonced today that their next world tour, starting in "early" 2005, will be wet one..thats right, the next tour is to be set up in simming pools.
the band are scheduling a 'promo' tour to take place in local and lesire pools arcoss america and europe, before the real stuff starts in Olympic Pools later in 2005.
The bands wardrobe for the next tour is going to be something diffrent also, the band are going for WetSuits for this tour.
Bono says, the band will dive in off a diving board to kick off the show. We also know that bono will be introducing yet another new character to the u2 show.....after the encore al-la zoo tv he will come out as "LifeGuard Man"...he refused to further comment..so in short, bring your bathers to the next u2 show"

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
heres some tour info ;)

"U2 have annonced today that their next world tour, starting in "early" 2005, will be wet one..thats right, the next tour is to be set up in simming pools.
the band are scheduling a 'promo' tour to take place in local and lesire pools arcoss america and europe, before the real stuff starts in Olympic Pools later in 2005.
The bands wardrobe for the next tour is going to be something diffrent also, the band are going for WetSuits for this tour.
Bono says, the band will dive in off a diving board to kick off the show. We also know that bono will be introducing yet another new character to the u2 show.....after the encore al-la zoo tv he will come out as "LifeGuard Man"...he refused to further comment..so in short, bring your bathers to the next u2 show"

Where did you get that Info? I need you to confirm me that!!
Please reply to me!

Back
Top Bottom