(05-01-2003) U2 RRROCK! - Dotmusic *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.dotmusic.com/

U2 have created a "very visceral" eleventh album, which they say will be completed by the end of this year. The band, who are currently working on the project in Ireland, say the follow up to 2000's 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' will be more raw and guitar-driven than its predecessor.

"It's a very visceral album," says frontman Bono. "The songs are very direct. They're big songs, big melodies and really, some full-on guitar playing by a very frustrated man. He told the New York Times: "[The Edge] is so gifted. If this is a great record, and I really think it will be, it will have a lot to do with him."

"My guitar playing has been fairly minimalist over the years," said Edge. "I like to try and make as few notes as I can get away with, you know, create as big an effect as I can, to really explore what guitar could be and really push the boundaries of what guitar in a rock-and-roll band can sound like."

As reported in November last year, Bono has described one of the band's new tracks as "the mother of all rock'n'roll tunes". The track, which has the working title of 'Full Metal Jacket', is expected to feature on the new LP when it is released in early 2004.

According to reports, U2 are to team up with producer Chris Thomas (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Sex Pistols, Brian Eno, Pulp) to record the new LP.

It sounds good... but too much hype.

Last edited:
cujo said:
It sounds good... but too much hype.

KIND OF LIKE THAT FAVORITE GOALTENDER OF YOURS.....JUST KIDDING!

I AM VERY EXCITED TO HEAR THAT U2 IS GOING TO PUT OUT A GUITAR-RECORD......ATYCLB WAS AN EXCELLENT ALBUM BUT A LITTLE ON THE SAPPY SIDE....I GUESS THEY ARE TRYING TO STAY CURRENT/RELEVANT. I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T RECEIVE A BACKLASH FOR "IMITATING" THE CURRENT GARAGE-SOUND TREND.....EITHER WAY THE ANTICIPATION WILL CONTINUE TO GROW......

Be careful... bears are intimidated by the caps lock key.

Back
Top Bottom