(04-29-2003) U2 Exclusives Offered Through Apple's iTunes - UPI *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.upi.com/

APPLE LAUNCHES ONLINE MUSIC SERVICE

Computer giant Apple Monday launched what is being hailed as the first legal online music service, the iTunes Music Store. The service lets users buy and download music for just 99 cents per song, which they can then burn onto an unlimited number of CDs for personal use, listen to on an unlimited number of iPods, or play on up to three Macintosh computers. The service has over 200,000 songs from major music companies, and a searchable format with free 30-second previews. Available at apple.com/itunes, Apple's new service also features exclusive tracks from more than 20 artists, including Bob Dylan, U2, Eminem, Sheryl Crow and Sting, as well as special music videos users can watch for free.

-0-

yeah, i heard about this the other day. this is really excellent. i've got an ipod. i was checking out what they had to offer by some of the bands i like and it's cool to see whole albums available.

...although i wouldn't recommend downloading an entire album, it's not worth it. unless it's older with like 8-10 tracks, that is. then it would be cheaper than buying the entire album.

Anyone know what the exclusive U2 tracks are? I have a Mac, but I'm in Canada so can't get to it.

If someone does buy it, re-encoding as mp3 will be easy... just burn it to CD then rip that track off the CD to mp3 (at HIGHER than 128 bps... 192 at least... since this would be re-encoding you'll be losing more quality than if it was ripped from an original CD).

timmerweb said:
Anyone know what the exclusive U2 tracks are? I have a Mac, but I'm in Canada so can't get to it.

The "exclusives" aren't really that exclusive...one of the is the acoustic version of Stuck in a Moment and another is Beautiful Day live from Boston.

Does anyone know if you can use the ipod with Windows 98. The apple website says that the minimum requirement is windows me, 2000, and xp. But the minimum requirements for the musicmatch program that it uses for windows is Windows 98. I have the disc to install windows me on my computer again but really don't want to do due to the experience I had with it last time.

Back
Top Bottom