(04-22-2003) 'Electrical Storm' Up For Ivor Award - BBC *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(04-22-2003) 'Electrical Storm' up For Ivor Award - BBC *

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Kylie leads Ivors list

Songs performed by Kylie Minogue, Coldplay, Oasis and David Gray have been nominated for this year's Ivor Novello Awards for songwriting.

The Ivors, which are regarded as one of the most distinguished awards in British music, will be awarded on 22 May. They recognise songwriting rather than the artists performing the songs.

Kylie Minogue has been nominated for two of her songs, Love At First Sight and In Your Eyes, in the PRS most performed work category, against Liberty X's Just a Little.

Oasis' Stop Crying Your Heart Out is competing with Aqualung's Strange and Beautiful and David Gray's The Other Side for the top award, best song musically & lyrically.

The best contemporary song nominations are Ms Dynamite's It Takes More, The Streets' Weak Become Heroes and Coldplay's In My Place.

The Ivors dance award will be decided between Shake Ur Body performed by Shy FX Featuring T Power, X Press 2's Lazy and Tim Deluxe Featuring Sam Obernik's It Just Won't Do.

International hit of the year has U2's Electrical Storm, Avril Lavigne's Complicated and Robbie Williams' Feel competing.

Coldplay recently won at the Bits and the Grammys

Last year the main awards were dominated by female artists and songwriters, including Kylie Minogue, Kate Bush and Dido.

Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head won three awards, including best dance tracks, most performed work and international hit of the year.

Cathy Dennis, the songwriter responsible for Can't Get You Out of My Head, is nominated this year for writing Pop Idol winner Will Young's Anything Is Possible.

The Ivors winners are voted for by the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters.

The award ceremony will be at the Le Meridien Grosvenor House in London this year.

Nice 'song of the year' selection, even though i don't think the oasis track is one of their best.

'shining light' by ash won a couple of years back, what a great song that is.

yertle-the-turtle said:

'shining light' by ash won a couple of years back, what a great song that is.

yeah that is a great song

*waits for yet another reason to hate averil lavigne*

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
sorry but i hope coldplay wins :silent:

I think it'd be cool if they won also, but I would have picked "Clocks" over "In My Place". At any rate Coldplay and U2 aren't in the same category so they can both win.

Back
Top Bottom