(04-13-2004) Bono Song on New Corrs Album - Undercover Media*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The Corrs Record Another Bono Song

The Corrs upcoming album will feature a song written by U2's Bono and his sometime songwriting partner Gavin Friday.

The Corrs have christened the upcoming forth studio album 'Borrowed Heaven'. The Bono song is titled 'Time Enough For Tears'. It isn't new though. Andrea Corr sang it as the theme to the 2002 movie 'In America'. Andrea wasn't in the movie but has made films before. She was Sharon Rabbitte in the 1991 movie 'The Commitments' and played Peron's mistress in Evita (1996).

Earlier this year, Bono accompanied Andrea to the AFI luncheon in LA where they were recognised for the song.

U2 and The Corrs have had a close relationship in recent years. Both Bono and The Corrs performed at the recent 46664 concert in South Africa. Bono also appeared on their 2002 Live In Dublin album performing the Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood song 'Summer Wine' with The Corrs as well as another song he wrote with them 'When The Stars Go Blue'.

'Borrowed Heaven' will be released in May.

By Paul Cashmere

?2004 Undercover Media Pty Ltd, April 14, 2004

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/apr04/20040414_corrs.html

You're right, U2Girl, completely unfounded rumours, denied by all concerned.
Back to the topic: I'm glad that this song is going to get some more exposure. It's really lovely--great melody, very beautiful lyrics from Bono.

when stars go blue...

The song "When Stars Go Blue" was not written by Bono or the Corrs...it was written and performed by Ryan Adams. The song is on his "Gold" album.
-Kelly

Re: when stars go blue...

kellystefanie said:
The song "When Stars Go Blue" was not written by Bono or the Corrs...it was written and performed by Ryan Adams. The song is on his "Gold" album.
-Kelly

and what a fine album "Gold" is, as is the more recent 'Rock n Roll' !

Mike

YES!! I think Rock n Roll is better--I get a kick out of Ryan Adams--his song "Miss You" is great!---quite the character live as well...sure gets mad easily!!

[!---quite the character live as well...sure gets mad easily!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, I saw him at Battery Park on 4/7 !

Mike

4/7!!! really??--i would love to see him again--but he's not coming near milwaukee i guess--(nothing listed on his web). Did he decide to bring a 'band'..or did he just sit on stage with a bottle of booze, his guitars and harrass the audience??

HelloAngel said:
'Borrowed Heaven' will be released in May.

its Due May 31st (in australia anyway) for those of you interested.
and then there of on an european and US tour starting in June, it would be very cool if U2 would do this.

A few responses to this thread were deleted for violating posting rules:

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed.

Please read over the FAQs if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom