(04-10-2003) Bono still waiting to be asked opinion on war - Las Vegas Mercury *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.lasvegasmercury.com/

Bono still waiting to be asked opinion on war

DUBLIN--As the war in Iraq moved into its fourth week, U2 lead singer Bono continued to wait to be asked his opinion on the issue, hoping a reporter would call and confirm the singer's relevance to world affairs.

"Certainly a press that's interested in my views on Third World debt, globalization and social injustice would be curious about my views on the war," Bono said as he waited by the phone. "I did get a call earlier, but it was a telemarketer for MCI who wasn't exactly eager to hear my views on this unjust war that undermines the legitimacy of the U.N. and will take the lives of untold thousands of innocents."

Bono added that he tried steering the conversation toward the war during a recent BBC interview, but said interviewer Michael Flanders just wanted to stick to the "altogether frivolous" topic of the rock band's upcoming album and tour.

*The contents of the Mercury World Report humor section are fictional*

Copyright ? Las Vegas Mercury, 2001 - 2003
Stephens Media Group

Last edited:
wow.
Bono
Bono
Bono

what are we going to do with you?;)
Bono call Carrie and she will interview you..:)

DB9

I don't really think he would wait for interviews about his opinion on war.......they asked him before about his views but he turned it to the "other war" that should be fought.

"I did get a call earlier, but it was a telemarketer for MCI who wasn't exactly eager to hear my views on this unjust war that undermines the legitimacy of the U.N. and will take the lives of untold thousands of innocents."

LOL....riiiiiiiiight

Bono did make his position on the war known, by attending the protest demonstration in Dublin in February, in his Musicares speech, and a statement in which he mentioned Tony Blair's apparent sincerity in views he didn't agree with. Oh, yes, I forgot the one about the U.N. involvement. What else does he have to say? That's plenty for me.

BBC interview about new album and tour????????

Where is this interview???? Anyone know anything about it?

The sad thing about "jokes" like this article is that some people may read it, believe it's true, and then never hear otherwise...and it's pretty clear that whoever wrote it belongs to the "Bono is too self-righteous and egomaniacal" crowd.

"Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, 'I was only joking!'" -- Proverbs 26:18-19

Last edited:
The Wanderer said:
good call headache,

I just looked at the link to find the disclaimer:

*The contents of the Mercury World Report humor section are fictional.

Thanks for the heads-up. :wave:

Hmm-lol! Bono 'waiting by the phone'?? To ask what he thinks? hmm-lol! I don't Always agree with Bono-but I can still love him! And I am Sure he would not refer to his music and group like that!! lol!

Back
Top Bottom