(04-09-2003) New U2 Album News - "Four Songs To Go"? - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com

New Album News

Recently, an Interferencer made the journey to Hanover Studio in Dublin and was lucky enough to speak with Adam Clayton about the new U2 studio album. Apparently, Adam relayed that the band were "nearly done," and that possibly only four songs are still needing final vocals and other various treatments...

This builds upon speculation that has been rampant among the U2 community as to when the new U2 studio album will make it's bow. Previous information we have gleaned from the press include Bono and Edge referring to the newie as a "guitar album" and that they have been inspired by the new garage rock phenomenon. Read into that what you will. Also of note in February was the revelation that U2 was working with a producer they have not used before for a "trial period."

Could things be finally coming together over there in merry Dublin? Stay tuned! :wave:

I read this as well, in PLEBA under the subforum "Band Sightings and Meetings" or whatever it's called. I hope this information is correct, and not some fan trying to get everyone stirred up. The fan also mentioned that Adam, after leaving the studio and chatting with them, tried to go back inside, but he was locked out! They said Adam looked somewhat embarrassed by this. No biggie, Adam. I locked my keys in my car the other day. It's alright!

If they really do only have 4 songs to finish, then a release sometime this year is very possible. I'm guessing they'd like to have it out before Christmas. Gotta get those Christmas sales, plus give them enough time between the record and the tour. U2 tours traditionally start in the spring. I dunno, the October release/March tour kickoff for ATYCLB and Elevation really seemed like they were timed perfectly, and they'd likely do it again. If they tour in the summer, they have more competition (in the US) because everyone tours in the summer. So I hope that this info is correct, and that Bono gets his arse in gear and gets the record done!

I'm totally feeling like U2 is going to repeat the ATYCLB approach -- single in the summer (making it eligible for 2004 Grammys), album in the fall and tour the following spring.

I don't really care about the exact date the album will come out, but more about when the first MP3's will come around!!

So there is a light at the tunnel after all!!

Whenever they come out with something new all I know is that I'm ready for it!!!:yes: :yes: :wave:

This is the best news I've heard in a long time, but I'm trying not to get too excited until I hear official release dates for the first single and the album itself.

There's no way it'll be out this summer. October at the earliest. They may actually take till 2004. But with recent news, it seems that a late 2003 release is not out of the question. All quotes from the band seem to point in that direction. So really, the only thing we're basing the possibility of 2004 on is U2's past history of delaying albums. But really, POP is the only one that was seriously delayed. ATYCLB was never seriously quoted by the band to have come out any earlier than 10/2000. Pop was just one of those cases where they were making a really complicated album and thought quicker than they could act with the autumn 96 release date. But this album seems like it's coming together quickly, from what has been said.

Okay, enough about the new album. Try to not get too excited, cause like Tom Petty said, "the waiting is the hardest part." My guess is that by June or July, we'll have more concrete information. Until then I'm gonna try to not worry about the new album so much. If we haven't heard anything by the end of July, it won't be out this year. So just wait around, try to find things to make distraction.

would be nice to have an album out in the summer for change... :shrug: atyclb shoulda been a summer album... as big as beautiful day was, i think it woulda been that much bigger if it came out in, say, june... when there were a whole bunch more of dem beautiful days out there... i dunno... i'm rambling now, so i'll stop before i sound even stupider :scratch: :banghead:

this is annoying, 4 more songs? at the rate they work the new album wont be out for at least another year. they said they had all these songs blah blah and that tour has been done for 1 1/2 years now, still no end in sight...

well you have to understand wanderer, that bono had to spend time recording a duet with j.lo.

priorities, dear wanderer, are surely in order.

but on a more serious note, i dont get why they take so long to put out a freaking album. they remind me of krusty rib burgers - they process the hell out of it.

on a more serious note
it's quite alright to keep a negative response to yourself once in a while

it's getting just a bit tedious

If that's true, then that means that they're a lot farther along on the album than I thought, which is great. It would be awesome if the album could come out by the end of the year, but I don't care when the album is released, as long it is released. A tour in a year from now would be great!

The Wanderer said:
2 studio albums in the 10 years since the release of Zooropa.

Yes, but they also did Passengers in between. Plus consider all of Bono's outside work is surely somewhat delaying (I remember seeing an interview with Edge and Larry after ATYCLB was released and Edge said they could have done the album way sooner - about a year I think - but waited due to Bono's engagement. However he also said he's not sorry they waited because he thought they had a better album that way) - also with all the publicity since the end of the tour - the Oscars, the Superbowl, Electrical Storm, Hands, Best of... - they might want the public to cool of U2 sort of speak. I think that 4 songs left is good, maybe a fall release is in sight.

Last edited:
MESSAGE TO BONO AND U2:

Take your time. Record the songs left or whatever at a speed that feels comfortable for you.

Spend some time with your families.

Keep up the good work in your charitable pursuits.

Quality, not speed, is what I'm looking for.

I can be patient. I have 20+ years of great music to fall back on.

Thanks guys.

PS...and don't let the bastards grind you down...

gabrielvox said:
MESSAGE TO BONO AND U2:

Take your time. Record the songs left or whatever at a speed that feels comfortable for you.

Spend some time with your families.

Keep up the good work in your charitable pursuits.

Quality, not speed, is what I'm looking for.

I can be patient. I have 20+ years of great music to fall back on.

Thanks guys.

PS...and don't let the bastards grind you down...

wow, your such a good fan!

i guess im not.

Wanderer and Gickies.. if all you have are negative things to say, please refrain from commenting in these threads. This forum is the most viewed forum on interference and it really makes us look bad when all you seem to do is put down a band that supposably you love so much.

Sicy said:
Wanderer and Gickies.. if all you have are negative things to say, please refrain from commenting in these threads. This forum is the most viewed forum on interference and it really makes us look bad when all you seem to do is put down a band that supposably you love so much.

:hmm:

MrBrau1 said:

And 3 World Tours.

eh... 2 1/2 world tours... the zoo-tv/zooropa/zoomeraing/ whatever else ya wanna call it tour was already in progress when they recorded zooropa

would be nice if bono put aside all the save the world stuff for a few months so they could crack out a new album by the summer... but eh... what'cha gonna do :shrug: better late than never

Back
Top Bottom