(03-24-2003) Bono Named One of the Worst Dressed at Oscars - People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://people.aol.com/

bono.jpg

RUMPLED ROCKER: With his ruffled shirt and too-tight cummerbund, Bono is bursting at the seams. It's safe to say that the rocker-political activist ? a Best Song Oscar nominee with his U2 bandmates for Gangs of New York's "The Hands That Built America" ? won't be adding fashion designer to his already full resume.
(AP Photo/Kim D. Johnson)

:lol: I just try and report the news :shrug: And Bono dressing bad is "news to me." I think he always looks well-styled and wonderfully handsome. :)

I agree Helloangel. I always think Bono looks very stylish. He looks a hell of a lot better in what he's wearing than all the guys who wore a black tie and white shirt. They all look the same to me.

People magazine isn't good enough to wipe my ass with. Bono could be wearing a black garbage bag and he would still be styling. ;)

Consider the source....I once saw an interview with the fashion editor of people's magazine (assuming that's the guy who writes this stuff).....He looked like a Cross btw Michael Jackson and Joan Rivers.

all the U2 guys and their gals looked terrific.

MrBrau1 said:
I wipe my ass w/ People magazine. They think April Levine is a punk rocker.
:laugh: :lmao: :laugh: :lmao:
This is just toooooo funny!
It's Avril..but hey who gives a blarney!
Yes. People magazine is glorified toilet paper!! :lmao:
Bono looks fine.
Those fashion afficionados (sp?) can kiss me arse.

I hate ruffling ya'll feathers any time I post News, but this People thing was just too sillie to pass up.

Anywho... :wave:

Bono looks better than most of the other people that were there. Besides, all the glamour in this time of war seems incredibly petty. Bono was perfect! (As usual)

Well, y'all can hate me, but I think Bono and the boys could have dressed up a bit more out of respect for the Oscars and the occasion. Their wives looked beautiful and classy enough to go anywhere, but those guys --------!!! I guess they are trying to keep a rock star image, but who said rock stars have to be grungy in the first place... especially the best ones......

HelloAngel said:
I hate ruffling ya'll feathers any time I post News, but this People thing was just too sillie to pass up.

Anywho... :wave:

They're so damn silly. Their "gowns, gossip and Hollywood" stuff is always so stupid. They figure they can sell magazines like this. Phooey. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

while i think the ruffled shirt looks fine, he does seem to be wearing clothes that are a bit too tight.

but as a whole, i love the outfit. everyone wearing tuxes gets just a bit boring. :|

I hate People magazine. It's a rag for shallow, brain-dead people. Who cares what celebrities wear? Bono has more talent and charisma in his little finger than most Hollywood types will ever have in a lifetime. :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Bono's shades said:
I hate People magazine. It's a rag for shallow, brain-dead people. Who cares what celebrities wear? Bono has more talent and charisma in his little finger than most Hollywood types will ever have in a lifetime. :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

I completely agree with you. I think he and the band & their wives looked great. Who cares what 1 stupid magazine says?

Bono's shades said:

People magazine!!! That's what's wrong with celebrity culture! I can do without their nonsense. Who cares what these people are wearing? I thought Bono in particular looked great, albeit scruffy. Hell, he's a rock star, not a businessman. He really isn't part of Hollywood, and that can get people in trouble with the powers that be there. I don't give a :censored: But what the heck, let him be a rock star. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
:lol: :rolleyes:

no matter what bono wears, people magazine and all of those will ALWAYS name him worst dressed. sean connery can wear his 18th century poofy thing on his shirt, but they always pick bono as worst dressed. why does this surprise everyone? the media LIKES to pick on u2...

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
He can wear whatever the hell he wants, he is Bono.
:up:

:hyper:boomer:hyper:
:hug: skittles list :hug:

Translated: I agree with you...he can wear whatever he wants, and I really don't think the fashion opinion of others are top priority.

HA, don't feel bad for posting it, News is news...actually this is just opinion and a lame one at that. The oscars are known for their uptightness, so even if he wore a standard tuxedo with one button undone, he'd been labeled messy.

IWasBored said:
:lol: :rolleyes:

no matter what bono wears, people magazine and all of those will ALWAYS name him worst dressed. sean connery can wear his 18th century poofy thing on his shirt, but they always pick bono as worst dressed. why does this surprise everyone? the media LIKES to pick on u2...

that's because he's Sean Connery.

Honestly Bono should not be given the worst dressed because at least he wore something different. As much as I absolutely love The Edge I'm surprised he wasn't named worst dressed simply because he wore sneakers and jeans. I thought it was very rock star of him not to dress up.

arw's pic for worst dressed man goes to.......................every single one of the men who wore that ugly tuxedo. I find nothing attractive, classy, or whatever else about a black suit, white shirt, and a bow tie.

i'd consider edge best dressed based on the fact that he was probably the most comfortable-y dressed person there.

this comment is brought to you by a person who made up their own word (one i can't even figure out how to spell) at 4 years old after being forced to dress up for picture day

arw9797 said:

arw's pic for worst dressed man goes to.......................every single one of the men who wore that ugly tuxedo. I find nothing attractive, classy, or whatever else about a black suit, white shirt, and a bow tie.

how about grey? (think daniel day-lewis)

Back
Top Bottom