(03-22-2004) Rumor: U2 to Release Concerts on iTunes?*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, if U2 will release the 20 most popular and wanted bootlegs ( as Pearl Jam did ), this will be the concerts list ( according to the fans choice )

1- New Orleans 1982
2- Red Rocks 1983
3- Loreley 1983
4- Dortmund 1984
5- Chicago 1987
6- Los Angeles 1987
7- Tempe 1987
8- Dublin 1989
9- Rotterdam 1990
10- Stockholm 1992
11- Washington 1992
12- London 1993
13- Dublin 1993
14- Sidney 1993
15- Sarajevo 1997
16- Tel Aviv 1997
17- Sao Paulo 1998
18- Santiago 1998
19- Miami 2001
20- Dublin 2001

:wave: :wave: :wave:

LPU2 said:

*LOL*Well, ya know what they say. Jealously breeds contempt. :)

The great beige world has such a hard time understanding why 5% of the population is so incredibly willing to spend nearly twice as much for a Macintosh when they could just buy a PC for half the price. And yet they keep doing it. Over and over and over. Odd, isn't it.

Heroin addicts have a similar problem.

ponkine said:
So, if U2 will release the 20 most popular and wanted bootlegs ( as Pearl Jam did ), this will be the concerts list ( according to the fans choice )

1- New Orleans 1982
2- Red Rocks 1983
3- Loreley 1983
4- Dortmund 1984
5- Chicago 1987
6- Los Angeles 1987
7- Tempe 1987
8- Dublin 1989
9- Rotterdam 1990
10- Stockholm 1992
11- Washington 1992
12- London 1993
13- Dublin 1993
14- Sidney 1993
15- Sarajevo 1997
16- Tel Aviv 1997
17- Sao Paulo 1998
18- Santiago 1998
19- Miami 2001
20- Dublin 2001

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Another thing I completely forgot about the first Wembley show, was it was the first time Salman Rushdie appeared in public in quite some time. Momentous occasion indeed.

Hi :wave: I was sent an e-mail asking me the full concert dates, do you want me to post here ?? ( please remember, those concerts aren't my own choice - I don't like Sarajevo, for example -, they were chosen by collectors and fans ) :wave:

Last edited:
Well, if this is true, would this truly mean the complete death of U2BloodRedSky.com, and any chance of ever coming back with the download FTP?

It was a LOT of fun while it lasted.

let us suppose that fans of U2 around the world are 100. Of them, 80 have Internet. Of the 80 fans, 50 have enough speed conexion requests to download concerts. of the 50 fans, 20 have credit card, being able to buy songs in Internet... with luck, will have 2 of 10 fans that will be able to download the concerts that they wanted. Sincerely, and with all my respect to the band, if U2 are going to do something with bootlegs (thing that seems to me very positive) is better they think about all fans, and not just in few privileged people :sad: :sad: :sad:

Last edited:
ponkine said:
let us suppose that fans of U2 around the world are 100. Of them, 80 have Internet. Of the 80 fans, 50 have enough speed conexion requests to download concerts. of the 50 fans, 20 have credit card, being able to buy songs in Internet... with luck, will have 2 of 10 fans that will be able to download the concerts that they wanted. Sincerely, and with all my respect to the band, if U2 are going to do something with bootlegs (thing that seems to me very positive) is better they think about all fans, and not just in few privileged people :sad: :sad: :sad:

Agreed. The Pearl Jam route of releasing pressed discs in cheap cardboard packaging is the way to go.
We have plenty of creative U2 fans who can create custom jewel case art for those who want it.

Great News !!!

Bands should have used this medium from the start to get their live recordings to their fans.

In fact, they should release CD's of their shows without the need for any marketing/advertising - their core fans would run to the stores.

I agree with Skwege.
It would be easier and better for the fans if they'd just put out live shows (with very likely great quality) in cardboard packages for a reasonable price like Pearl jam did.
I don't know if they'd release ALL shows, maybe put a poll on their website or something and let fans pick.

As was suggested. They should just do archive releases. Possibly following that suggested list. Then they wouldn't need to worry too much about repetitive setlists. Just release a show from each leg of each tour.
Nonetheless the band should mess around with altering the setlist more.

Just remember if you don't have an ipod and want to get them a)really press the clerk on whether the battery life is 8 hours b)charge that sucker in the dock for like 3 days striaght don't touch it just let ot sit there to set it c)visit ipods dirty little secret.com

it would be cool if that stuff were on itunes

Back
Top Bottom