(03-17-2004) Bono Speaks To Students, Returns To Rock - ChartAttack*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Want to meet an internationally famous rock star? Hold a big event and place a want ad seeking a prominent speaker ? Bono will likely show up. Last time Bono was in Toronto, for example, it wasn?t to play a concert, it was to speak at the National Liberal Convention. Likewise, Mr. Vox will be in Philadelphia later this spring, but once again, without any musical reason at all.

The University Of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia has invited Bono to deliver their commencement address on May 17. At the ceremony, Bono will also have the honour of becoming Dr. Bono, as the University plans to award him with a honourary Doctor Of Law degree at the ceremony.

Is Bono just making the trip for the fake degree or the glory that comes with speaking at a prestigious university? Maybe, but it?s also a good opportunity for the rocker/do-gooder to talk about his favourite worthy cause ? the fight against the global AIDS epidemic. Bono is expected to speak at length about his work with Debt AIDS Traffic Africa in particular.

After the speech, Bono will get back to doing what he?s famous for in the first place: being a rock star. According to Billboard.com, U2 recently completed what is believed to be the last studio session for their upcoming album. The untitled record is expected to be released later this year.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/03/1710.cfm

According to Billboard.com, U2 recently completed what is believed to be the last studio session for their upcoming album.
:hyper: That's got to be a good sign there!

I wish I could take a little road trip to hear his speech.

:eyebrow: - Did anyone else ever see the Billboard.com article saying this??? It's awful soon, since Lillywhite only joined 1 month ago...

ya the article said actually that he came in for the finishing stages.. not the above

Maybe the XFM guy is just coming in to do some remixes/bsides....I hope so!!

HelloAngel said:
By: ChartAttack.com Staff
According to Billboard.com, U2 recently completed what is believed to be the last studio session for their upcoming album. The untitled record is expected to be released later this year.

Oh my God I just hope this is true! I'm excited now, this album is defenitly coming out this year! Check out the smile --> :)

Am I the only person to find it hilarious that Bono is getting an honorary Doctor of LAW degree??? LAW???

}:D~

Back
Top Bottom