(03-15-2003) Robbie and Bono out on the town - The Mirror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.mirror.co.uk/

ROBBIE: TRY DRUGS BUT IT WILL HURT LATER
By Eva Simpson And Kanchan Dutt

Robbie Williams has warned youngsters: Take ecstasy and cocaine... but prepare to "pay the piper".

He revealed that drug abuse has sent him into a depression which will take years to get over.

The singer, 29, said: "Go and enjoy yourself and if you want to do drugs, do drugs. But you're going to have to pay the piper when you come down.

"I have been grappling with my depression. It's linked to cocaine and ecstasy abuse. That's not going to leave me for another couple of years."

Recalling a party he was at with U2 singer Bono, he added: "I was totally and completely off my face - mushrooms, ecstasy, all sorts of s**t.

"And I was staring at this painting for ages, I was just mesmerised by it.

"And Bono comes up and asks, 'Robbie, what are you doing?' And I said, 'Bono, man, this f*****g painting is incredible.' And he went, 'Robbie, that's the window'."

After another drugs binge he said he dressed up as Tigger from Winnie the Pooh and wandered the streets of Camden, North London at 2am.

Robbie, who recently split from Rachel Hunter, refused to elaborate on rumours linking him with Nicole Kidman but he did lift the lid on one bizarre sexual encounter with another woman.

He said: "She told me to spit on her. Now she meant it as a lubricant but I misunderstood and thought, 'Well, all right,' and spat on her face. She was mortified."

Despite being off the booze and fighting his drug demons, Robbie still has one vice - cigarettes.

But he said: "Quitting is starting to cross my mind. Inside me is a fat man waiting to get out.

"Being chubby doesn't work for a pop star, so I'll have to wait and give up when I go down the toilet. I'll be a chubby has-been."

Back
Top Bottom