(03-11-2004) Jarvis and Bono Aid Nancy Sinatra Comeback - NME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
NANCY BOYS!

NANCY SINATRA is staging a comeback with the help of stars including MORRISSEY, JARVIS COCKER and BONO. Frank?s daughter, who enjoyed a string of hits including ?These Boots Are Made For Walking?, has recorded a new album, ?To Nancy, With Love? with a host of famous fans.

Morrissey, himself returning with a new album this year, collaborated on a song, ?Let Me Kiss You?, which is tipped to be the first single, according to Rolling Stone. Enthusing about the former Smith, Sinatra said: "A few of my songs have made it through the years and most of the rest of the rest bit the dust. Except with Morrissey. He seems to know and love them all."

"And this song is very much a Nancy/Morrissey song. It?s gorgeous and beautiful and romantic and lovely."

Meanwhile, Bono?s contribution, ?Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad?, was originally intended for her father. Cocker wrote two songs for the album as well as playing guitar. Other musicians who joined the party include Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and UK production team Reno.

Sinatra added: "We?ve been lucky to find some wonderful, hip musicians who say that my music has somehow influenced them. And these artists also mean something to me. I wouldn?t be doing their songs if I didn't appreciate their work. I can?t think of anything more flattering than to have a young person say: 'Your music really influenced me and my life.'"

http://www.nme.com/news/107809.htm

Her father was a class act.
A legend.
Good company for Bono.

Her on the other hand......

Back
Top Bottom