(03-06-2003) RUMOR: U2's Studio Hanover Quay Flooded - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(03-06-2003) RUMOR: U2's Studio Hanoer Quay Flooded - Interference.com

http://www.interference.com/

RUMOR: U2's Studio Hanover Quay Flooded; Guitars Lost

U2News has been told that U2's Dublin studios at Hanover Quay has been flooded due to a broken seawall, and Edge has lost all of his guitars. Our source was not able to produce new information, thus we are going to nip this story as FALSE now.

Thank you, Diamond!

Last edited:
NO!

Oh-wait...

I'm sure that this is just a rumor, 'cause it sounds too weird to be true.
Edge loosing all his guitars? Nah! That sounds too much of a tragedy to be true. I'm sure he keeps some at home.
*runs off to pray for the safety of U2's music and studio*

Last edited:
Just a rumor so far guys! I'm working on getting more information from my sources. Stay tuned! :shrug:

I find it hard to believe that Edge kept all of his guitars there. I suppose weirder things HAVE happened...

*waits for more info*

Still a rumor as of 1125pm... I'm hoping my source was just being humorous tonight. :mad:

If I don't hear anything else by 2maro afternoon, I will clarify this news item as a falsity.

You sure that wasn't just a resurface of the story of when the "Factory" flooded a while back? It seems strange that that would happen twice. I certainly hope it's not true.

ok!!!!!! some slap me!!!!!!! because this isnt real........how can edge lose ALL his guitars?????? I mean he ahs to carry some home to practice right???????? this doesnt sound right!!!!!!!!! i really hope it isnt true ......ohhhh and as i read what some on else wrote..........what about the work that they did??????:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

:mad:
I guess its safe to say right now that someone told HelloAngel, and the rest of interference, a big, vicious lie!
Angel, I hope there's a good explanation about this from that lousy source!
U2 is probably cracking up laughing now at this stupid rumor.

You know that your time is coming 'round...
Don't let the bastard grind you down...

He's mocked the devil, :mac: :angry:
Fighting aganist the very things the evil stands
The devil come's after him

The battle continues...
:angel:

Last edited:
filledeperle said:
:mad:
I guess its safe to say right now that someone told HelloAngel, and the rest of interference, a big, vicious lie!
Angel, I hope there's a good explanation about this from that lousy source!
U2 is probably cracking up laughing now at this stupid rumor.

Believe me, I am cracking up now too. But, I trusted this source on their word, and they have since not contacted me. So there you go - and for the record, I never believed it.

This is only the beginning of the shit he's going to be subjected to. I don't mean to sound.. whatever, but you 'aint seen nothing yet. When you go after evil - it, evil, come's at you full force, it's powerful. Thank God, Bono has the background to fight it...
No offense to anyones source, this is happening. This is to be expected... Don't blame Angel's:angel: It will either be disproved or.. Think I'm back now, got kicked off my connection..
If this doesn't look right, .. What can I say
This is strange ,,, I can't post this,, See what I mean...

What a nutty rumor! I couldn't imagine a huge flood, Edge's guitars getting screwed up.........it would have hit the newspapers, the TV news, everything, and no one said anything.

verte76 said:
What a nutty rumor! I couldn't imagine a huge flood, Edge's guitars getting screwed up.........it would have hit the newspapers, the TV news, everything, and no one said anything.

Exactly! :yes: But ya know.. I gotta try and report what people tell me.. and even sillie rumors have their place. :lol:

HelloAngel said:

Exactly! :yes: But ya know.. I gotta try and report what people tell me.. and even sillie rumors have their place. :lol:

I would imagine it's very hard to report on U2 because some stuff is true and some of it is just rumors and you just have to sort all of this stuff out.

Hell, Sorry for that off thread post. Guess that did sound strange... That was a conversation I was having on the phone, anyway while I was trying to read this conversation, too. Absolutely no more absolute for me. Rough week at work, got a bit wasted.. Makes note to get designated typist...:laugh: :drunk:

Last edited:
It appears the The Edge DID lose a lot of equipment in the flood at Hanover
Quay, as I was told by a source close to the band.

Since the flood, we've seen The Edge toting the following:
1) Fender Jaguar (Blue) in the ELECTRICAL STORM video.
2) A Gibson J-200. This appears to be the same one from the RNH era premieres
and such. So maybe this one was safe at home. The Edge HAS been using this
guitar exclusively for acoustic airings of THE HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA.
3) Last week at the MusiCares dinner/show/event The Edge was ALSO playing a Les
Paul Gold Top with cream P-90 pick-ups. He was using this for Cole Porter's
NIGHT AND DAY. Is it a replacement for his previous Gold Top? Perhaps. A
loaner? Perhaps, as Daniel Lanois has a Gold Top with the same

: Perhaps, as Daniel Lanois has a Gold Top with the same
characteristics (Saw Daniel playing it 2 weeks ago in Santa Monica)
4) Another interesting note is that The Edge had a floor pedal board with
various effects. There are pics of the event on www.u2guatemala.com) It is
hard to tell what effects are there with one notable effect that was clearly
visible was the LINE 6 DL4 delay modeler (with loop sampler). There are a few
pics of the Edge kneeling down and adjusting this effect.

Folks
I do not if this is true..
Diamond
:angry:

Diamond, I guess I'm mainly confused as to when this flood took place. Floods happen. Some historian friends of mine got screwed big time when the rivers flooded in the Czech Republic last summer. It hit the places where alot of manuscripts were kept, unfortunately. Ugh. I hate the things. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

filledeperle said:
NO!

Oh-wait...

I'm sure that this is just a rumor, 'cause it sounds too weird to be true.
Edge loosing all his guitars? Nah! That sounds too much of a tragedy to be true. I'm sure he keeps some at home.
*runs off to pray for the safety of U2's music and studio*

Maybe praying will help to ensure the safety of some of The Edge's guitars. :shrug: What we really need to pray for is for the city of Dublin to reconsider wrecking the whole studio, and making a commercial development at the wharehouse site, there on the river Liffy.

:sigh:

It is still a terrible shame to have to leave this historical, comfortable recording room (or rooms?) and go to another place, that may be "high" off the flood area, but still not the same as Hanover...maybe the officials will reconsider, now that there isn't really anything to move, if this is at all true!

i also find it odd there werent more press releases on this subject.
so its probably not true.
i never claimed it to be fact only that i heard it from somebody..
sorry for the confusion.

diamond

verte76 said:
Diamond, I guess I'm mainly confused as to when this flood took place. Floods happen. Some historian friends of mine got screwed big time when the rivers flooded in the Czech Republic last summer. It hit the places where alot of manuscripts were kept, unfortunately. Ugh. I hate the things. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:
my friend told me recently.
read the aim conversation..

i dont know if he is correct.

db9

well, if it were true...it could have been worse...edge could have been hurt, if he were there when the flood happened...guitars are replaceable. edge isn't.

sorry, don't mean to be overdramatic...

wait don't blame the source just yet. maybe it was just read wrong. maybe it didn't say " there was a flood and it destroyed edges guitars. maybe they ment to say
"Flood" was there and he took a "wedge" of cheese to "mars"

okay, am i the only one laughing at my completly lame joke?

Back
Top Bottom