(03-05-2004) U2 Not Leaving It All Behind -- HotPress.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Not Leaving It All Behind

Steve Lilywhite is ?an additional producer not a replacement? on U2's new album

Paul McGuinness has confirmed that it?s full steam ahead, not back to the drawing board, for the new U2 record as Steve Lillywhite takes over the production reins from Chris Thomas.

?There are various producers involved in this album,? the U2 manager reflects. ?Chris has done some great work. It?s good to work with Steve again but it?s not as if we?re starting from scratch.?

According to a source close to the band: ?Cynics are bound to go, ?That?s McGuinness glossing over the fact that they?re unhappy with Chris Thomas?, but my understanding is that Steve Lillywhite really has been brought in as additional producer, not a replacement. The attitude in the camp is, ?Let?s take the extra month or two and get it absolutely right.?

For more on this story click here. You must be registered with Hot Press to access the article.

-- HotPress.com

if anything, later. i'm glad they're taking the time to iron it all out. i'll wait for a great album...

The current release date possiblity is anywhere from September 2004 to April 2005 according to an "inside source".

Its going to be early fall. They are just making sure what they have is the best that it is.

Back
Top Bottom