(03-02-2004) Totally Unique -- U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Totally Unique

Edge presented a special award to Christy Moore in Dublin at the weekend.

Celebrating 40 years in the music business, the Kildare-born singer fronted two seminal bands, Planxty and Moving Hearts, before becoming a hugely successful solo artist. On Friday the Irish music world paid tribute and Edge made the inaugural presentation of the IRMA Honours, the Irish Recorded Music Association's supreme award.

"There is no-one like Christy Moore." he said. "It's only when you hear Christy that you really get it because the man is totally unique."

A video tribute featured Van Morrison, who called Moore "a kind-of broad definition of Irish folk music," along with Bono, Ronnie Drew, and Michael Flatley. The Taoiseach said that Moore had "fired the imaginations and captured the hearts" of audiences all over the world. "You have made, and continue to make, the people of Ireland very proud."

At a special charity auction on the night, Edge's hand-painted guitar, raised ?15,000 out of a total ?100,000 raised for The Chernobyl Children's Project and Crumlin Children's Hospital.

More on Christy Moore here.

-- U2.com

This is wonderful. I have loved Christy Moore and his music for a long time.It is well deserved.:applaud:
I once posted a pic of Christy with Bono here at this site and it hurt deeply that someone bothered to comment in a negative way about his appearance.
But he and I both know...sticks and stones may break my bones....

I love him...bravo...encore Christy.
".....you'll get clean sheets after the election Christy..."
You are so beautiful, to me:)
moving:heart:still

Here it is.
edgesguitar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom