(02-28-2003) Bono Honored by French President Chirac in Paris (w/pictures) - AP *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(02-28-2003) Bono Honored by French President Chirac in Paris (w/picture) - AP *

http://yahoo.com/

Irish rock star meets French president in Paris

PARIS - Irish rock star Bono met Friday with French President Jacques Chirac, the second time in as many years that the two men ? both Nobel Peace Prize nominees ? have met.

The U2 singer and activist accompanied U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill last year on a 12-day tour of Africa to press for debt relief and more aid. In his talks with Chirac last year, Bono pressed for greater aid for Africa and the developing world.

capt.1046447014.france_people_bono_par105.jpg

Bono, lead singer of the Irish rock band U2e poses for photographers after being awarded the Chevalier of Legion of Honour by French President Jacques Chirac at Elysee Palace in Paris, Friday, Feb. 28, 2003. Chirac and Bono are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

capt.1046446877.france_people_bono_par104.jpg

Bono, lead singer of the Irish rock band U2, makes the V-sign as he is photographed after being awarded the Chevalier of Legion of Honour by French President Jacques Chirac at Elysee Palace in Paris, Friday, Feb. 28, 2003. Chirac and Bono are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

1046443966.2684477508.jpg

Irish band U2 singer Bono displays his Legion of Honour medal after a private meeting with President Jacques Chirac, at the Elysee Palace February 28, 2003. Bono criticized British Prime Minister Tony Blair for his stand on Iraq. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

1046445289.2348900419.jpg

Irish rock band U2 singer Bono makes a victory sign after meeting French President Jacques Chirac at the Elysee Palace, February 28, 2003. Chirac awarded Bono with the Legion of Honour medal during a private ceremony. Both men are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

capt.1046434616.france_chirac_rock_star_par101.jpg

(AP Photo/Patrick Kovarik, Pool)

capt.1046440019.france_chirac_bono_par103.jpg

Bono, lead singer of the Irish rock band U2, makes the victory sign at the Elysee Palace in Paris, prior to his meeting with French President Jacques Chirac, Friday, Feb. 28, 2003 . Bono was later awarded by Chirac the Chevalier of Legion of Honour. Chirac and Bono are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

1046444125.3087106119.jpg

Irish band U2 singer Bono (L) poses with his wife Ali Hewson (C) and President Jacques Chirac after he was awarded the Legion of Honour medal at the Elysee Palace, February 28, 2003. The U2 activist and Chirac are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

capt.1046440288.france_chirac_bono_par102.jpg

French President Jacques Chirac, right, share a laugh with Bono's wife Ali Hewson, center, as lead singer of the Irish rock band U2 shows his medal after being awarded Chevalier of Legion of Honor by Chirac, during their meeting at the Elysee Palace in Paris, Friday, Feb. 28, 2003. Chirac and Bono are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

1046441431.2617319498.jpg

French President Jacques Chirac (R) kisses the hand of Ali Hewson as her husband, Irish band U2 singer Bono (L) looks on, at the Elysee Palace February 28, 2003. Bono, who was awarded the Legion of Honour medal, criticized British Prime Minister Tony Blair for his stand on Iraq. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

Last edited:
Ahh the art of being superficial. So you only love em when the're young. This it the real thing, real thang. How much more real can you really handle? Excuse me, I sound a bit defensive don't I.. On that note I have decided I would love for him to loose the beard. Go home, get some rest and get back in the studio then the tour. He's going to need all his energy. It's the effects of aging, partying, and jet lag. It take a toll on anyone..:sexywink: :scratch: :heart: :rolleyes: :yuck: :drunk:

Last edited:
I think he looks really pale and......pasty. And personally, I think Ali's age is starting to show a little. I know people who are in their 40's and they look really good. What's going on with Bono and Ali?? Oh well. It has to happen sometime I guess.

HEY SUE4U2
DID I SAY I DONT LIKE HIM ANYMORE BECAUSE HES OLD NOW??
SO DONT ASSUME STUPID THINGS....
& SUPERFICIAL??? NO MAYBE YOU ARE? I AINT
IM JUST A SUPER FAN AND I PERSONALLY THINK HE IS AGING ALOT FASTER THAN OTHER 40 YEAR OLD CELEBS. DOESNT MAKE HIM ANY DIFFERENT IN MY BOOK.
&
ps Sue I happen to be "The Real Thang" Thank you very much.

TheRealThang_101 said:
HEY SUE4U2
DID I SAY I DONT LIKE HIM ANYMORE BECAUSE HES OLD NOW??
SO DONT ASSUME STUPID THINGS....
& SUPERFICIAL??? NO MAYBE YOU ARE? I AINT
IM JUST A SUPER FAN AND I PERSONALLY THINK HE IS AGING ALOT FASTER THAN OTHER 40 YEAR OLD CELEBS. DOESNT MAKE HIM ANY DIFFERENT IN MY BOOK.
&
ps Sue I happen to be "The Real Thang" Thank you very much.

Let's keep it nice here, guys. We don't know each other well enough for ANYONE to call each other "superficial" or allude to any other assumptions we might make about each other based on random comments. There's no right or wrong comment here about the pictures taken of Bono in France.

Why does it matter how Bono is aging? Everyone ages at different times, so it shouldn't be that amzing that Bono and Ali are, too. We have to remember that Bono is not immortal(damn!), and ages like everyone else. As long as he keeps making great music, I'm happy

HelloAngel said:

Let's keep it nice here, guys. We don't know each other well enough for ANYONE to call each other "superficial" or allude to any other assumptions we might make about each other based on random comments. There's no right or wrong comment here about the pictures taken of Bono in France.

How about "sexy"???? A PLEBA comment, of course. :drool:

Sorry Hello Angel i didnt mean to offend you or anyone, i love this
U2 news.com, it is one of the best U2 websites around. Its just I get annoyed when people interpret me wrong like I am bashing Bono, it was just a comment . Well it is far from that I would never post anything on here bad about Bono because he is my biggest influence to sing, and he is an extrodinary individual.
If I didnt like U2 I wouldnt be on here.

PS Sorry for using caps I forget sometimes...

Peace and Love and Harmony

TheRealThang_101 said:
Sorry Hello Angel i didnt mean to offend you or anyone, i love this
U2 news.com, it is one of the best U2 websites around. Its just I get annoyed when people interpret me wrong like I am bashing Bono, it was just a comment . Well it is far from that I would never post anything on here bad about Bono because he is my biggest influence to sing, and he is an extrodinary individual.
If I didnt like U2 I wouldnt be on here.

PS Sorry for using caps I forget sometimes...

Peace and Love and Harmony

For what it's worth, I was making a general comment to everyone about being nice... not just to you. I wasn't making an example of you or your comments at all. :)

I'm glad you enjoy our website. :happy:

Aumm, well I Was going to say Bono looks, well m older yes, but More distinquished? And Ali-my goodness-aged? I think she looks , if possible, prettier!! I just personally, don't like facial hair-it's just so darn scratty! LOL! I like the 'huggable and kissable' type Bono! But I do have to say he looks so darn cool in these pictures, esp. the one on the steps! wow! Good 4 *Bono*! Yeah! It looks soo good on him!

Well, Is my face red. uhoh: God forbid, RealThang I would never be so presumptious to call you superficial. I was actually thinking outloud, but, it was about what "I "was thinking. I posted about him loosing the beard and thought, I am being superficial.. Please forgive me... You are the epitome of a U2 fan. Mea Culpa..:ohmy: :love: :shrug: :hug: :

Last edited:
It's always difficult to tell with Bono and the way he looks in the photos; fresh and great one day and then the next day he looks like something that has just crawled out of a garbage can. And the beard has got to go!

Saracene said:
It's always difficult to tell with Bono and the way he looks in the photos; fresh and great one day and then the next day he looks like something that has just crawled out of a garbage can. And the beard has got to go!

I couldn't agree more. :bono:

Hey,

I just wanted to say that I really didn't mean to make anyone mad with my comment about Ali starting to show her age a little. It was just my opinion. I don't know why I said it. She does look more beautiful than ever.

:reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom