(02-24-2003) Punk Rock Made on Venus - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The New Album: "It's Like Punk Rock Made On Venus"

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just saw this at U2log.com. This has to be one of the best and funniest Bono hype quotes ever...

Punk Rock made on Venus
Talking about the new album to VH1, Bono?s quoted saying:

?It?s full-on, a full-throttle record. It?s like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making. People are saying, ?Bono, people are sick of you. You?ve been around, you?ve been winning all these awards. You have to go away for a while.? This record is so good that it won?t even matter that people are sick of U2. And by the way, I?m sick of Bono ? and I am Bono.?

Who's ever gonna be sick of Bono?......my non-U2 fanatic friend borrowed "Achtung Baby" and "Joshua Tree" to listen to after watching clips of Musicare Tribute (I can see her signing up here any moment now!!!)...... funny quote though, i love how they get so excited before each album.

http://www.u2.com/u2.html/

24.02.03 ?Punk rock Made On Venus?

That?s how Bono has described the new record U2 are making in the studio.

Bono told music channel VH 1 that fans should expect a new level of energy from U2.

?It's full-on, a full-throttle record. It's like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making.?

Which means there?s no chance of Bono departing the public eye any time soon.

?People are saying, 'Bono, people are sick of you. You've been around, you've been winning all these awards. You have to go away for a while.' This record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2. And by the way, I'm sick of Bono ? and I am Bono.?

More here www.vh1.com

Venus...as in...

The goddess on the mountain top
Burning like a crystal flame
The summit of beauty and love
And Venus was her name *OW!*

She's got it!
Yea baby she's got it!
I'm your Venus!
I'm your fire and your desire!

I have no idea why I posted that. Well, just to show I'm not unnecessarily spamming, I want to say that that's one heck of a hilarious Bono-quote, especially with all the media coverage of him going on right now. Still, if it's "punk rock made on Venus", that means we can expect slow atmospheric songs or something or other, eh?

Re: The New Album: "It's Like Punk Rock Made On Venus"

Talking about the new album to VH1, Bono?s quoted saying:

?It?s full-on, a full-throttle record. It?s like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making.

Is this another one of those comments Bono makes to get fans excited, then when the material gets released its not quite what they hoped for (but most of them love it anyway)?

Back
Top Bottom