(02-20-04) Exclusive: More Confirmation for a Fall Release -- Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
(02-20-04) Exlcusive: More Confirmation for a Fall Release -- Interference.com *

Exlcusive: More Confirmation for a Fall Release

Interference.com just received the following from Universal Italy:

"We regret to inform that at the time we wrote a general news on international releases we had the info of the new U2 album release in May. Right after we were informed that the album has been postponed to next fall. At the moment we don't have more specific info.

Best
Universal Music Italy"

Earlier in the year, Universal Italy's site was reporting the new U2 album would be out in May.

When it comes I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.Remember "POP", Rushing an album release is noy woth the sacrafice of the quality of it's content.

U2 RULES:bow:

They should tour beforehand.

I've always believed that U2 songs get much better when given a chance to live, breathe and develop on the road: the "shine like stars" ending to With or Without You; the "knockin' at Your door" ending to One; Edge's incredible backing vocal on Gone; and my favorites of all time, the Hallelujah sections in both Walk On and Running to Stand Still.

I wish, just once, they'd go on the road for a brief tour, let the songs mature, then go back into the studio to put the proper finish on them.

Actung4u2 said:
When it comes I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.Remember "POP", Rushing an album release is noy woth the sacrafice of the quality of it's content.

U2 RULES:bow:

What was wrong with POP, in my opinion it was a good album probably better than the over commercial last album ATYCLB. There were 3 very weak tracks on their last album including Grace, Peace On Earth, and Wild Honey. All three of these in U2's early nineties would have been b-sides and not on an album in my opinion. There is a thing here called over cooking something and thats what could be happening with this new album or that Chris Thomas was just crap at producing the new material and they needed someone they had already worked with.

:yes: I completely, 100% agree w/ you LP. I have always thought that taking the songs on the road gives 'em that extra kick of soul and makes them that much better

rjhbonovox said:

What was wrong with POP, in my opinion it was a good album probably better than the over commercial last album ATYCLB. There were 3 very weak tracks on their last album including Grace, Peace On Earth, and Wild Honey. All three of these in U2's early nineties would have been b-sides and not on an album in my opinion. There is a thing here called over cooking something and thats what could be happening with this new album or that Chris Thomas was just crap at producing the new material and they needed someone they had already worked with.

POP is "not" a better album than ATYCLB. The best songs on POP (Gone, SATS) don't even come close to the 1st 5 songs on ATYCLB. In my opinion, POP has a multitude of weak tracks. For example: Miami, Playboy Mansion, IFWSHA, Do you feel loved?, Discoteque, and Wake up Dead Man. These songs lack melody, and they are rushed. ATYCLB is highly melodic, and well it might be a little too over produced (just a little), it totally outshines POP which is way way way too over dubbed to make up for its lack of song writing quality. I like the lyrics on POP, but they get wasted on some very very average music.

I liked POP and ATYCLB, they are both excellent CDS, and both brought a different flavor. I have enjoyed every one of their releases (THEIR releases, "passengers" is not a u2 album), some take longer to grow on me but I love them all. ATYCLB was an excellent album, the only track I still dont enjoy much is "Peace on Earth," its just a little corny for me, but the first 5 tracks are all classics ("Stuck in a Moment" is a little poppy for me, but the live version is amazing when Edge's guitar takes center stage, "Kite" is the best track on the album.) Songs like "WILATW" and "Wild Honey" are a little weaker than the stand outs, but they are still great tracks. When I'm 50, I'll still be going back to this album.

POP is such an under-rated album, as well as the Popmart tour. There WERE more weaker tracks on this CD than ATYCLB, like "Playboy Mansion" and "Could You Feel Loved?" but most of the others I love and they have grown on me. I thought that for a group that completely changed their style for this album, POP was an amazingly good album and u2 should get two thumgs up just for the balls they showed on this release.

Tackleberry,I don't what you're on..but if you think Discotheque is a weak song you're nuts..that song contains a killer riff by Edge....one of his better ones.Even two of my friends who aren't big U2 fans dig that song and sorry Gone and SATS in their orginal versions (not the stupid remix versions on Best Of) more than hold their own with Elevation or Stuck or Walk On.
Do you feel Loved and If you Wear that Velvet Dress are absolute gems from that album. Bottom line is.....POP is probably one of U2's most underrated album and they should make no apologies for it.....if people would stretch their perceptions of what a rock band is supposed to sound like and not be so narrow minded maybe POP could be given more of a chance.The real POP album is ATYCLB:madspit:

buzzkill27 said:
POP is probably one of U2's most underrated album and they should make no apologies for it.....if people would stretch their perceptions of what a rock band is supposed to sound like and not be so narrow minded maybe POP could be given more of a chance.The real POP album is ATYCLB:madspit:

Absolutely, U2 created their most exciting music in the 90's when they were pushing the boundaries of what a Rock Band can do and that makes POP a great album. To say Discotheque wasn't a good song is absolute crap. It's a great song, maybe the boom play out bit at the end wasn't the best way to close the song but still a great song. And your right again when you say the real POP album is ATYCLB....even U2 said this that propably should have been called POP. Getting back to the POP album its probably the second or third most played album I have behind Achtung Baby (no doubt about that being the best thing they ever did and probably ever will do) followed by The Joshua Tree. The weakest song on POP in my opinion and the one that dosent fit on the album so well is If God Will Send His Angels but this is a better song than the weakest songs on ATYCLB (Wild Honey,Peace On Earth, Grace)

Yes, it sucks but it will be here before you know it. Gives everyone a chance to save up money and vacation time for the next tour. I'm more anxious for the tour part than the new album...

date

I was hoping for a spring release date. But the main thing I want is the release date. Even if it is in the fall, when I find out what the date is, I will be happy.

I personally don't think there are any weak songs on Pop. I would have a very hard time finding a song off of there that I even remotely dislike-hence why that album is in my top 5 as far as U2's albums go.

And I like ATYCLB. There's good songs off of there, too.

I will agree, though, that I would definitely want U2 to be fully happy with the songs on the album before putting it out. So while waiting is very hard, in the end, I have a feeling it will definitely be worth it (Lillywhite doing some producing is a good thing-he produced some other fantastic albums from these guys, so that definitely makes me anxious for the results).

Besides, it'd be incredibly cool if the album came out around my birthday. :D.

Angela

I'm going to put all my faith in a fall release. Then, if it doesn't happen, I'm going to sell all my good cds and listen only to Celine Dion and Barenaked Ladies.

Or not. But I still feel good about the fall release thing.

I have to. :|

2005 is the year of their entering in the rock and roll hall of fame,i think they want a fresh album and a huge tour in this year to celebrate the event in the best possible way...perhaps they're having actually no delay, probably they want the album in the most close date to the entrance in the hall of fame, who knows?? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

ok, I just want to agree with BuzzKill and all the other Pro-POP people here.....I'm gonna be honest, I mostly like ATYCLB because it restored U2 to the status of biggest and best. Besides that, there are some great tracks....first 6...Wild Honey?...I detest. Gives me a headache. Peace on Earth?...Noble, but bores and corny. New York pretty cool...but coulda been rougher...Grace...very cool, after a lot of listens...boring at first.

POP?...every track is original and cool...I mean, its got so much force....Edges Guitar and Adams Bass?.....Pure sex. Discotheque is awesome!...and you gotta love the balls they had to show that video.....just taking the piss completely! ....If you Wear That Velvet Dress?....just listen to the backing track....great electronics....cool lyrics...dark and personal....

...Compare that to the 'Everyman Posturing' of Walk On....I know which one I'll take anyday...

...in the '90's, U2 were constantly pushing...pushing pushing......I really hate it these days when they make apologies for POP....it kicked ASS!...was the first record of theirs I brought, and still the one i listen to the most....it was Fearless...and thats what Rock should be...Popmart whupped ass too.....just cause it sold a couple million less than they're used to, it STILL sold more than 8.5 million!....just shows the expectations for U2 when that is considered a failure!....I love these guys, and I'll let them off for taking their foot off the 'PUSH' peddle temporarily with the last album....it was nice, but they better get something KickASS for their next offering.....SOLAR was a totally believable name for it...it just reeks of energy and chaos and ROCK!....

...just look at the back catalogue of these guys...its awesome...crossing musical genres like noone ever has.....they're simply unique and they better take a forward step again...the stakes are higher than ever now...youth is no longer on their side....but they can do it, and although it pissed me off to no end that we have to wait a few more months for the album, I think Lillywhite knows EXACTLY what to do with these guys. He'll kick the crap outta them...and Bono above all, needs it....I think Edge is the saviour of this band now. And its gonna be his album. And its gonna rip thru your ears and eyes.

My first post...

I feel better already.

I've been out of the loop for a while. With the way my life is right now; (shit) I can wait and look foward to having a fall release (gives me something to look foward to).

We all know that the end result is going to be aweosme anyway!! Right?:wink:

The only thing I am bummed about is 2004 would have been a better year for me to tour but I'll work it out.

i have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom