(02-18-2003) Bono up for 2003 Nobel Peace Prize - Forbes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.forbes.com/

Bono up for 2003 Nobel Peace Prize

OSLO - The governor of the U.S. state of Illinois who spared all inmates on death row, Pope John Paul, a Cuban dissident and Irish rock star Bono are among a near-record 150 nominees for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize.

Bono Nominated for 2003 Nobel Peace Prize

From U2Log.com:

"Bono named for Nobel Peace Prize

Bono's name is among 150 people nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. He shares the honour with Jacques Chirac, Vaclav Havel, the European Union, peace group Women in Black, Chinese dissident Wei Jingsheng, Cuba's leading dissident Oswaldo Paya and human rights group Global Witness."

I think he could win this year. :D GOOOO BONO!!!

Wow, that's amazing. I doubt if he'll get it considering that the Nobel is generally a "lifetime achievement" type award, and Vaclav Havel is about to step down as Czech Republic president. The guy did kick the Dictator Squad From Hell out of Czechoslovakia, no mean feat considering that blood was shed during that revolution. :yes: :yes:

Last edited:
I thought that they didn't announce the nominees for the Nobel Prize; where did I get that idea from...

REALLY?

Oh, my god! That is so cool!

Congratulations to him-I hope he wins the Nobel Peace Prize, he totally deserves it!

Heh, funny, it was just a few days ago I mentioned this on another board, I asked how many people think he'll win a Nobel Peace Prize someday.

And now he's nominated for one...rock on, Bono!

Angela

Back
Top Bottom