(02-14-2003) Bono's Very Own Achtung Baby - The Mirror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.mirror.co.uk/

BONO'S VERY OWN ACTUNG BABY...

U2 are not known for being stupid, but not realising you're being robbed when someone shoves a gun in your face is pretty dumb.

Bono has told how they were confronted by armed robbers while in Germany and didn't even realise it. He says: "We'd been to see Goodfellas and had a load of drivers with us because we're posh f***-off rock stars.

"One driver was so traumatised by the film he forgot to get the car so we went back to get it. Then a guy walks up with a gun. I turned round and just said, f*** off. He kind of looked at me, but me and Edge just kept on walking and talking. We looked back and he just went, 'pow,' and shot the gun down an alley."

An hour later the stars realised they had looked death in the face. Bono adds: "Edge looked at me and said, 'were we nearly mugged there?' That's when you start shaking! We got a bit freaked."

With his dodgy mullet, leather trousers and fly-like glasses, we imagine the robber was even more perturbed...

wow.......that's an interesting story.......bono and edge were lucky dogs! :yes: stupid robber. :madspit: man, if i could get a hold of him! :censored: thank goodness bono and edge were ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Back
Top Bottom