(02-12-2003) U2, Stefani, Steven Tyler To Present At Rock Hall Ceremony - MTV News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.mtv.com/

U2, Stefani, Steven Tyler To Present At Rock Hall Ceremony
02.12.2003 3:32 PM EST

U2, Gwen Stefani and Steven Tyler are among the presenters scheduled for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony next month.

Elton John, Billy Joel, Neil Young and Paul Simon are also scheduled as presenters at the event, which will honor AC/DC, the Clash, the Police and others (see "AC/DC, Clash, Police To Be Inducted Into Rock Hall Of Fame").

Traditionally, many of the presenters also perform at the ceremony, especially during the inevitable jam that closes out the event.

The 18th annual induction ceremony will be held March 10 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. VH1 will air the show March 19.

Other inductees include the Righteous Brothers, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Motown drummer Benny Benjamin, pianist Floyd Cramer (Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison), and saxophonist Steve Douglas, who played on dozens of Phil Spector's Wall of Sound recordings.

Mo Ostin, former head of Warner Bros. Records and current executive at DreamWorks, will be inducted in the non-performer category.

A spokesperson for the ceremony could not confirm who will be inducting which artists, although U2 singer Bono has long spoken of his admiration for the Clash.

?Corey Moss

Heard on the radio this morning that U2 will in fact be inducting The Clash, Elton will be inducting Elvis and the Attractions(so Reginald Dwight will induct Declan Macmanus), and Steven Tyler will induct AC/DC.

It could also be very likely that Bono could induct The Police who were influential and the BBITW prior to U2.

Also, I wonder if the entire band will be there or just Bono himself (correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the members of U2 been solo during previous induction speeches? ie: Bono inducting Chris Blackwell; Edge inducting The Yardbirds; Bono inducting Springsteen).

It seems obvious that Bono is a favorite for these ceremonies because of his eloquent and original speeches (like him or not, his speeches are usually the only memorable ones at any awards ceremony).

One more thing: do you think Bono/Edge will perform solo on the Oscars or the entire band? How ironic is it that 2 of the most shy people around----Clayton, Mullen, Jr.---ended up in one of the most popular bands in the world? It could be a case of Eddie Vedder syndrome........

MBH said:
It could also be very likely that Bono could induct The Police who were influential and the BBITW prior to U2.

Gwen Stefani is already scheduled to induct the Police, so it looks like Bono will be inducting the Clash. That's only proper. Very, very cool.

actually, mbh, the whole band were there to induct the Who. i am pretty sure it was the whole band. if not it was bono and edge.

Back
Top Bottom