(02-10-2003) New Album Rumor - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com/

New Album Rumor - February 2003

U2 could not make the grand premiere of their Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Exhibit this weekend because they are currently in the studio with an unnamed NEW producer for a "trial period." Our source indicates this is someone U2 has not worked with before.

Now, Bono and Edge have indicated this will be a "guitar record" and that they'd like to make a garage-rock album.

Interesting, yes? Any guesses on this mystery Producer?

I woudn't mind seeing someone new work with the Irish Rock Gods. It would bring more to the table.

These are great guesses! I'm thinking we'll send out a prize for the Interferencer who guesses the right person!

Keep them coming!!! :wave: :hyper:

Well I heard they were interested in working with the Neptunes... but I thought Edge was joking.

On the other hand it would be cool to hear Flood produce again.

When will we hear the mother of all rock songs? Where's this "Full Metal Jacket"... hope it comes out sooner than the end of the year.

Last edited:
If they are experimenting with a producer, who knows when a new album will surface. I thought this fall was a lock, but I am not so sure now.

Please God---don't let it be Glen Ballard.

Producer: Ken Nelson

Mixer: Mark Pythain

(Coldplay's production team)

Do that, and they can't go wrong. Just listen to A Rush of Blood to the Head to see my point.

Last edited:
ultraviolet_j said:

Please God---don't let it be Glen Ballard.

:no: they wouldn't od something like that....right?

i don't have any guesses that haven't been said already...

IWasBored said:

:no: they wouldn't od something like that....right?

i don't have any guesses that haven't been said already...

I can't imagine they would... just look at what was said about DMB's Ballard-produced "Everyday" album.

Michael Griffiths said:
Producer: Ken Nelson

Mixer: Mark Pythain

(Coldplay's production team)

Do that, and they can't go wrong. Just listen to A Rush of Blood to the Head to see my point.

NOT A BAD POINT. HOWEVER, I MUST ASK YOU, DON'T YOU THINK THAT CHOOSING THOSE AFFORMENTIONED PEOPLE WOULD BE UNORIGINAL AND KIND OF "JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON" OF THE MOMENT?

LOGIC SAYS THAT THE LANOIS/ENO COMBO HAS BEEN WORKING WONDERS FOR MANY YEARS, SO WHY MESS WITH IT. MY HOPE IS THAT THE NEW ALBUM IS A LITTLE MORE "EDGIER" AND HARD-SOUNDING. ATYCLB WAS AN EXCELLENT ALBUM, BUT VERY SOFT AT TIMES.....

Back
Top Bottom