(01-14-2004) Exclusive: Don't Believe the U2 Album Hype! -- Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shrug: :(

*at least i don't have to stress about planning vacation days around a tour. now i just have to figure out where i want to go...
disney world, las vegas, ... dublin ....*

The problem is that the opposite of 'YES' is 'NO' and until they have the go ahead from U2 the answer to all speculation has to be 'NO', even if the album is ready for print next week.

'YES' = all hell breaks loose...

Poor ole Cecilia.. i bet at times like this she wishes she worked for Cliff Richard!

this just means we'll have to work harder to get the album to leak over the net.

Re: the update. Cecilia is only confirming that it's not coming out in March, not that it's going to be next winter... Could be May or June. HIGHLY doubt it's gonna be next winter if they have clearly expressed tour plans for the fall, they ain't gonna tour months before the album comes out.

Last edited:
Could it be that the band are delaying release so that Bono can make that spring trip to Africa that was mentioned in another news story? Either that or the songs were crap. Or both.

In any event, I'm terribly disappointed. :(

dsmith2904 said:
Exclusive: Don't Believe the U2 Album Hype!

Interference.com has just received the following message from Regine Moylett of RMP London, U2's PR agency, in response to the various rumors about the title, tracklisting, release date and so forth of U2's next album:

"Somebody has their wires crossed as we never said we would be making an announcement soon, as we're not. We are not expecting a record until next winter so no announcements for
some time yet."

UPDATE FROM PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT JAN. 15, 2004

As further confirmation that the album will not released in March, and that a single is not due in the immediate future, we got an email from Principle Management's Cecilia Coffey:

We hope this further satisifies those that wanted to hear confirmation from the 'source'.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more updates
[/QUOTE

IF WE ALL STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT, THIS REALLY SHOULD BE NO SURPRISE AT ALL AS IT GENERALLY FOLLOWS U2'S 3 1/2-4 YEARS BETWEEN ALBUMS PATTERN OF RELEASES FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ZOOROPA). NOT TO MENTION, BONO IS DEDICATING TIME WITH ANOTHER TRIP TO AFRICA THIS SPRING, WHICH SLOWS THE MUSIC SIDE OF THINGS DOWN EVEN MORE....

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE-1984; JOSHUA TREE-1987; ACHTUNG BABY-1991; (ZOOROPA-1993) POP-1997 ATYCLB-2000

BESIDES, A GOOD PR MACHINE SUCH AS U2 NEVER LETS THE PUBLIC SEE IT COMING UNTIL THE VERY LAST MINUTE. I'M SURE WE'LL HAVE SOMETHING IN 2004....

Re: Re: (01-14-2004) Exclusive: Don't Believe the U2 Album Hype! -- Interference.com *

MBH said:
BESIDES, A GOOD PR MACHINE SUCH AS U2 NEVER LETS THE PUBLIC SEE IT COMING UNTIL THE VERY LAST MINUTE. I'M SURE WE'LL HAVE SOMETHING IN 2004....

That's not always true.... often leaks, intentional or not, build a lot of hype and buzz... creating even more anticipation for a release.

Why hasn't the Beastie Boys come out with an album since 1998!!!!???? That's longer than U2. And Beasties only toured for half the time U2 did!!!!! What did you do before the Internet when the only I would find out was when the single was on the radio/video or they were on the magazine covers.

DaveC, get your facts right!!! 5 years, show me how this album is coming out in 5 years. 5 years from their last album would be October 30, 2005!!!!!

:madspit:

I hope U2 release the album in June of 2006. I like waiting. I like watching static on TV. I like eating tin-foil w/ peanut butter. water on the stove is my idea of the circus. Remember, if 'patience is a virtue" and "ignorance is bliss", life's at it's best standing on a long line w/o a clue!

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

This sucks!!! I can't believe this! I mean I love U2 and their music and still will, but waiting 5 years for a new album is rediculous. They have to know their fans are waiting for another album. You'd think that they'd want to get it out for the fans. You'd never see an up and coming band do that. They'd be forgotten if they did.:mad:

My original thought while awaiting news on the record was we won't hear anything until after the King centre event in Atlanta.. it is a big moment for Bono and I'm sure they didnt want to take the focus away from that for him with all these album questions and hype.. so perhaps one way or another after this week-end.. we will hear something from PM an announcement from the band maybe..

From a Prozac Queen:

Maybe it's my impending maturity, but so what if it takes U2 3 to 4 years between albums. Typically, their music is worth waiting for.

Almost immediately after they finished their 2001 Tour, they went back into the studio to do what musicians/artists do...come up with something new. We got The Hands that Built America, Electrical Storm, American Prayer. We're expecting some very strong songs from the new album. The band has taught us to expect their best. However, the four have balanced lives, they have other interests not unlike most of us that keep their lives full. Bono spends a great deal of time with his other interests. That's for him to decide, and I, frankly, admire him immensely.

Musicians do not owe fans a timeline. If you want to find some different music to listen to go ahead. If you get tired of "waiting" and find a new band to be passionate about, it's your decision. But, be aware that some of you are starting to sound like spoiled children demanding "I WANT..." Wah, wah, wah...I don't think any of you are two years old.

Music from this band is worth the wait. In my opinion, Bono doesn't want his Africa/AIDS/DATA initiatives to compete with his other job, BUT in his mind, the millions of lives at stake are worth it.

BTW, I don't really take Prozac, but my friends think I'm pretty calm and know I'm passionate about U2 and Bono. I'm betting we have an album before the summer begins. It's like those tours that are never going to be announced.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised I did say at the beginning of this year that the band were not happy with some of the tracks and that the album had been put back to late summer 04.(mind you next Winter I am surprised about they must have more problems than first thought!!)

But so what if it will be later its no big deal, everything will be fine and as for some people on here writing them off.....
NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!!! :shame:

This will be the test for the real fans not the so called fans who jumped on the back of all the hype with the Elevation Tour. (And just for the record I am not saying that everyone who came on board at that time is the same!!)

New U2 album and Tour 2004

Don't worry about no U2 album or Tour, I have the following information from Universal Belgium; some stadium reservations are registered for summer 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN EUROPE
It's the bad strategy from some managers...

U2 on Tour this summer...? => ALBUM AND SINGLE BEFORE !!!!!

aran-u2

I'm starting to believe that this will be the last album from them.

If that's true, then fine....take another year; what's the difference at that point? But for a band that's "the best band on the planet", you need to do your job as the best band on the planet, which is MAKING MUSIC, not taking years of procrastinating over a mix.

by the way folks: I believe it's the tunes they scrapped, not the mixes. it wouldn't take too long to remix 12 tunes. but it would take long to rewrite 12 tunes (unless of course you're the best band on the planet). they're writing must not be up to snuff.
shame.

Re: New U2 album and Tour 2004

aran-u2 said:
Don't worry about no U2 album or Tour, I have the following information from Universal Belgium; some stadium reservations are registered for summer 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN EUROPE
It's the bad strategy from some managers...

U2 on Tour this summer...? => ALBUM AND SINGLE BEFORE !!!!!

aran-u2

I wouldnt believe that for a minute!!
I remember very well the publicity for U2 and Oasis in concert in Amsterdam it never happened!!:(

If you look at the statement, it seems they went back on the winter release and are now saying that no there will be no immediate announcement. Though this rules out a March release, it doesnt rule out a May, or perhaps late April release. This would also confirm Anton's statement of a May release. I think Bono's trip to Africa come spring will be used to help promote the album (though AIDS comes first, as it should)

Dalton said:
On the bright side, if any of you ladies ever get the opportunity to sleep with a member of U2, you are sure to be satisfied - the don't do anything quickly.

LMAO!

:lmao:

:flirt: ...goes away to think about that...

Back
Top Bottom