(01-08-2003) U2's Bono Taking On Too Many Causes, Henry Rollins Says - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://launch.yahoo.com/

U2's Bono Taking On Too Many Causes, Henry Rollins Says

(1/8/03, 10 a.m. ET) -- U2's activist frontman Bono is taking on too many causes, according to actor, singer, spoken-word poet, and pundit Henry Rollins.

"I think if the guy is doing something, it's better than nothing--but I just wonder if he's following through," the ex-Black Flag frontman told Britain's Sunday Mirror.

Rollins is in no way a U2 fan, but respects Bono's convictions. "I hate this guy's music, but I like the idea of absolving Third World debt, because otherwise these people are going to die. So if he's using all that rock-star power, well, right on. Like he's Mr. Africa Third World Debt Guy, which is a huge issue, but now, he's Mr. AIDS Guy. Well, wait a minute, how did you go from Third World debt to AIDS?"

Rollins is skeptical about the timing of the activism as well, suggesting to the Mirror, "Is this a crusade or really good promo for U2's new Greatest Hits album? I have to think his heart's in the right place. I think he's a boring singer, but I don't think he's a bad man."

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles

God damn it. What is it with this guy? He is like those people in junior high that hit girls and run around saying they have cooties, but in fact love them. I have never seen a guy waste more of his 15 minutes of fame trouncing U2. Never mind that we have people like Anna Nicole Smith doing absolutely nothing with their fame or fortune...lets crack on one of the few actually doing something. Last I looked Henry Rollins was contributing to society by hosting some demolition show on TLC. Henry Rollins is a U2 parasite. He feeds off of and gets his name in the press by bad mouthing them. My god, does anyone even like this guy? He can't sing for s**t.

The worst part...I can't believe someone actually printed that garbage.

cmb737 said:
God damn it. What is it with this guy? He is like those people in junior high that hit girls and run around saying they have cooties, but in fact love them. I have never seen a guy waste more of his 15 minutes of fame trouncing U2. Never mind that we have people like Anna Nicole Smith doing absolutely nothing with their fame or fortune...lets crack on one of the few actually doing something. Last I looked Henry Rollins was contributing to society by hosting some demolition show on TLC. Henry Rollins is a U2 parasite. He feeds off of and gets his name in the press by bad mouthing them. My god, does anyone even like this guy? He can't sing for s**t.

The worst part...I can't believe someone actually printed that garbage.

I agree. I wish this idiot would just shut his :censored: trap.
:madspit: :madspit: :censored: :censored:

I think it very cool that he uses all his time to speak shit about U2 and Bono. Don't get me wrong - i disagree with everything he says, but it just shows how big and important U2 are!!! Rollins has devoted his life to this (apparently), so U2 must be a very big threat... Poor guy. What has Bono been saying about all this? Anyone knows??

The huge third-world debt precludes those countries from spending money on health initiatives which would help stem the flow of AIDS. Thus, the two issues are directly connected.

No excuse for being stupid, eh Henry?

Back
Top Bottom