(01-08-2003) Coldplay are giving U2 a run for their charity money - NMC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/

Fair Trade
Coldplay ain't cold hearted
By Sheila Green

LONDON, UK Wednesday 1.8.2003 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- Looks like the fellas in Coldplay are want to take Bono and the boys from U2 out of the compassionate artists top spot.

Bono may be traveling the world and making people listen, but the guys in Coldplay put their money where their mouths are.

According to MTV, ever since the band got started they've been putting aside a percentage of their profits for charities like Oxfam and Amnesty International.

Coldplay's camp is coy about just how much the boys give up each year, but they did say the NMC eCharting band hands over between 5 and 15 percent of all its earnings to worthy causes.

Copyright ?2003, Net Music Countdown. All Rights Reserved.

Coldplay is a great advocate of Fair Trade. Because of them, I joined Oxfam and learned about Fair Trade coffee. Now I am a major coffee drinker and I buy Starbucks Fair Trade coffee , and also on the 20th of every month Starbucks features Fair Trade coffee as their coffee of the day.

Coldplay rocks!
But I hate how the press tries to compare them to U2.
Whatever!

Yeah, but anybody rich can give away their money...

But very few would go out, visit the people they crusade for, and in humility, serve their hunger and needs. (which is, of course, what Bono did.)

theSoulfulMofo said:
Yeah, but anybody rich can give away their money...

But very few would go out, visit the people they crusade for, and in humility, serve their hunger and needs. (which is, of course, what Bono did.)

True, but Chris Martin has been to Haiti, the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. I don't know a heck of alot about his trip but it sounds cool.

Back
Top Bottom