(01-08-04) It's Showtime! -- U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
It's Showtime!

While we at Interference.com all anxiously await word on the next U2 tour, the U2.com homepage is highlighting production designer Willie Williams' tour diaries, "The Inside Story of Life on the Road." Included are entries from the Popmart and Elevation tours.

Willie's entry from Sept. 1, 2001:

We all looked like death warmed up at 11am when headed off this morning. I was with Amanda our press officer and Todd Lynn our stylist as we rolled toward the airport in a complete daze. At check in we ran into a whole lot more of our staff - mostly the lampies and caterers, many of whom were on the same flight which was nice. It's a funny thing when everybody goes home - a bit like the last day of school where you know its all over, but today's still just a regular day like any other. A few drinks on the plane, despite the hour. A safe landing and goodbyes at baggage claim as folks bail for the taxi rank when their bags appear one by one. Take care. See you soon.

-- U2.com

Last edited:
U2.com's been updating more frequently recently... :hmm:

If I were to read too far into this, I'd say we're in for a tour announcement soon. I might even go so far as to suggest that by printing a tour diary entry that ends with "See you soon" they are giving us a hint.

But if I were to do so, it would really just show how desperate I am for any new album/tour news.

Last edited:
I just thought it odd that they'd chose that specific entry... Especially after leading in with "While we anxiously await word on the next U2 tour..."

:laugh: that was kinda cute-the anxiety here!! lol! Yes, I do believe that there are hints being given here:yes: U2 tour-whew, one part of me wants to know When, another wants them to wait 'til i have nessary funds!:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom