Zoo TV, Live from Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
*sigh* I'm a bad fan
frown.gif

Since no one around me likes U2 and I am a poor college student and Blockbuster is retarded...I have not seen ZooTV Sydney...BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*tries to piece together what happens from all the nice descriptions everyone else gives*

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Running to Stand Still is STUNNING. *rhythm nation Bono* and I loveth the harmonica.

Yes, I wish he played the harmonica more often. He plays with such passion. (Like everything else he does.)

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

I like the Macphisto rant near the end, then the Can't Help Fallin in Love bit. Also love when he dances with the chick and he takes her hand to his face smearing his makeup. That part really gets me!

I also love RTTS, and the JT Bono wave, that's pretty cool.

The whole video is great. I haven't seen it in a while, will have to watch the VHS once again! If I can tear myself away from the Coors video long enough.

You guys really nailed all my favorite parts...Running, Mysterious Ways, MacPhisto calling a taxi and singing that sad little song (absolutely brilliant), Unchained Melody, Can't Help Falling in Love...

There is also this one moment during Until the End of the World where he's out on the catwalk and the lights are really really bright and...well, he's just...radiantly beautiful.

hippyactress...beg, steal or borrow!!

oh blarg! now i wanna go and buy the vid!!! tehe!

------------------
Be uncool, yes be awkward
"I look cool, i am cool"- Lardence
9:55: With a bit of a wink in his eye, Edge apologizes for last year's rambling Grammy
speech, then begins to natter on again. You go, Dave! ~ from Rolling Stone mag, at the Grammy's

i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
hippyactress...beg, steal or borrow!!

Ah, no need to beg around here...there are always kind people (who know I'm talking about them) who anticipate every PLEBAn need
biggrin.gif
And make people smile and have a happy day all the time
smile.gif
Thank you! You know who you are
smile.gif

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

What a shame U2images.com's bandwidth limit is exceeded. They have some excellent and very hot still captures of it!

I just thought of another part...when the camera is close up on Larry and he smiles all cute...and when Bono looks up at Edge after Angel of Harlem and they grin at each other. *Bono & Edge fuzzies*

let's face it
it's a masterpiece

hippyactress--right on! I hope Jam Jar will also benefit from the kindness of strangers. I just don't have the equipment.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
*sigh* I'm a bad fan
frown.gif

Since no one around me likes U2 and I am a poor college student and Blockbuster is retarded...I have not seen ZooTV Sydney...BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*tries to piece together what happens from all the nice descriptions everyone else gives*

me neither twin :-(
Actually, I was kinda hoping you had it so I could watch it while I was there... hehe
wink.gif

THEY BETTER RELEASE IT ON DVD!!
(back of brain: so I can make stills!)

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
RTSS is a big highlight.

Another is when Bono is singing "Can't help falling in love..." and a slight breeze lifts his hair. whew. Nice moment, that.

uhhhm sula? Are you sure you lurve that part? 'Cos I didn't hear you talk about it at ALL when you came over today....and you didn't seem like you truly enjoyed it....
wink.gif
Yea, I appreciated that one too. I liked Running to Stand Still, but I LURVED Bullet! OMC! There was so much passion in it. Yea, I owe sula my viewing of that...thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.

Doods, I just got the Zoo TV Live from Sydney video! And I watched it all without stopping.
tongue.gif
Just wanted to know..what are people's favorite moments? Mine are definitely when MacPhisto calls the taxi...Unchained Melody...and Mysterious Ways with Morleigh. Of course I loved the whole thing though! Bono was steamin!
tongue.gif

PS- They were ALL steamin! GAH.

[This message has been edited by Foadie (edited 03-29-2002).]

Running to Stand Still!!!!!! That is my favorite part. I just love it love it love it...
biggrin.gif

kr19.bmp

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 03-29-2002).]

RTSS is a big highlight.

Another is when Bono is singing "Can't help falling in love..." and a slight breeze lifts his hair. whew. Nice moment, that.

Yes, they were steaming but especially Bono! ZOOTV Sydney is very sexy and I love it! Bono looked perhaps his hottest ever in it. Yes, I would have to say so. I think my favorite moment was when Bono was singing Streets, and there is a video of the boys in the desert in the JT days in the background and Bono looks at it and goes 'hey you!' and waves to the long haired guy in the desert- him! That is so cute!

My fav part was when my brother told me I make "SmugPhisto faces and do those hand things" :p Apparently I act like MacPhisto sometimes.....

Running to Stand Still is STUNNING. *rhythm nation Bono* and I loveth the harmonica. Also cute Bono waving to JT Bono
biggrin.gif
There's some part during Zoo Station I think when he *THRUSTS*

ALSO ~ I could NOT take my eyes away from the Fly. PAINT MY FENCE. He's so spicy.....!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I?m old enough to feel the way I do and I know that you are true" ~Pete Yorn

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos
"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ? Echo

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 03-29-2002).]

Originally posted by WildHonee:
There's some part during Zoo Station I think when he *THRUSTS*

ALSO ~ I could NOT take my eyes away from the Fly. PAINT MY FENCE. He's so spicy.....!

I LOOOOOVE the Fly.
biggrin.gif

BTW.. the part where he thrusts is when he sings,"I'm ready for the push." Oh, our little Bono making puns! And, er, no pun intended. Really.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
I LOOOOOVE the Fly.
biggrin.gif

BTW.. the part where he thrusts is when he sings,"I'm ready for the push." Oh, our little Bono making puns! And, er, no pun intended. Really.

*DIES*

Oh I love Zoo TV. Favourite bits:
RTSS- absolutely beautiful and I love the hallelujag ending.
When Macphisto opens his shirt and the camera goes in for a close up
biggrin.gif

Love is blindness- I love the song and he just sounds sooooo hot when he sings it.
And um well the whole video actually
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jody (edited 03-30-2002).]

Foadie!!! WOW!! It happened again, too cool!! I LOVE ZOOTV SYDNEY!! It is without a doubt the best, hottest and sexiest of all U2 videos or tapes. Bono is SO sexy- oh when he first walks out in that tight Fly suit, and his hair is just perfect, he is hot! But later, he takes off the shades, and then he gets all sweaty- oh, how sexy!!! Oh that face when he sticks it up in the camera! Of course MacPhisto, and how cool he is, and how he's always wiping the running makeup out of his eyes, how sweet! Then there's Larry- with his blond hair slicked back, yes, Larry had hair, not a stupid crewcut! It was nice too, wish he'd grow it back! His arms were so sexy pounding on those drums, and the closeups on his smile- *squeal!* The closeups of Bono's smiles too- *shreik!* Edge's bedazzled pants and little ponytail- the way he plays two instruments at once during NYD- incredible. It's my favorite tape and one that I never get tired of watching- just for the boys alone! Wow they were hot and STEAMING!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
You are right again, Foadie my soulmate! ZOOTV rocks and it is hot!!

Anybody who has never seen this, SEE IT! It will blow everything else away, and all the guys look so very GORGEOUS!

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 03-30-2002).]

Hehe, Desire you are a crazy girl!
tongue.gif
Yay LarryHair!!!
smile.gif
I was searching for pictures from that vid but I couldn't find any! Anybody wanna help me out?
wink.gif

Hooray! U2images is no longer exceeding its bandwidth limit so we will have pics of ZOO TV!!!

A_021.jpg

A_071.jpg

A_072.jpg

A_024.jpg

A_092.jpg

A_093.jpg

A_100.jpg

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Blarg MVD you beat me to it! I've been trying that site for 2 days hoping it would come back up. So I'll just end with posting my very favorite hottest Bono pic from it.

A_227.jpg

*SIGH* there goes the bandwidth limit again!
wink.gif

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Originally posted by hippyactress:

hippy: I've got a tape and an envelope sitting here with your name on it. E-mail me and we'll get it together. Shando32@hotmail.com

P.S Blockbuster is VERY retarded.

------------------
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.

Back
Top Bottom