You've Got Mail - Part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
Part Six

Scanning the Who's Online bar, Jessie was a little disappointed to see that "Bono" wasn't on line yet. To keep herself busy, she instead entered the fanfic folder to check up on the latest stories. This folder had provided her with hours of amusement in the past and she was currently caught up in a story featuring JT Bono and the guys as a sort of wandering troupe of Gypsies.

She chuckled to herself as she remembered discussing this particular story with "Bono" whose only comment had been one of longing to be so noble. "Unfortunately such things never happen to me in real life" he had said. He often did that?refer to himself as if he really were Bono. If he weren't such a nice guy, she might think he had some sort of complex. Jessie was startled out of her thoughts as her "live message" bar started blinking. Smiling to herself she opened her new message.

B: "Hey beautiful, how're you doing today?" Jessie grinned and typed her response.

J:How do you know I'm beautiful? You haven't even seen me!:

Bono smiled at his computer screen. She was so modest, all women had something about them that was beautiful, but this one just didn't know how to take a compliment.

B:"I just know these things, why are you arguing?"

Jessie rolled her eyes, this was becoming a habit with this guy. It wasn't her fault compliments made her uncomfortable. Especially when they were so unfounded on logic. Here he was complimenting, not her wit or her intelligence, but her beauty! The one thing he couldn't possibly know about. However, she knew the lot of good it did to argue with him when he paid tribute, so she just typed a grumbled "thank you" and left it at that.

J :Mr. Smith made me re-alphabetize all of his files again today. While he watched. ~roles eyes~ The man is such a lech.:

Bono read this with some concern;

B: "You know you can file a lawsuit over something like that right? You don't have to just take it."

"I wish," Jessie muttered under her breath.
J :If only it were that simple. I really need this job, and if a minor lech is all I have to put up with, I'm more then willing to suffer.:

Bono ground his teeth in frustration. Nothing made him more upset then men who took advantage of their female subordinates.
B: "If I were there, I'd give Mr. Smith a good punch in the nose, then maybe he'd keep his eyes off what's not his."

Jessie laughed,
J:That's quite the temper you've got there, what are you Irish?:

Bono chuckled a little to himself.
B: "Actually, I am Irish, thanks for noticing."

Jessie laughed. J:Really? What part of Ireland are you from then?:

Bono smiled as he typed;
B:"Oh, a little town called Dublin."

J: And I suppose you've seen the boys in concert before too? Have you ever met the band on the street or anything like that?:

Jessie herself had always wanted to visit Ireland, and not just because of the band, but had never gotten the chance.

B:"Of course I've seen them in concert, I was even at their first performance?I talked to them a bit afterwards, they're very straight forward blokes, top of the line?especially that Bono. He's wonderful."

Bono wondered if this last comment was a little obvious, but risked it anyway.

Jessie was a little skeptical at this, but decided to let the comment slide as "Bono" was often making such incredulous statements. If one were to believe everything he said, then the man would have to be a member of the bands road crew if not part of their inner circle of friends.

J:~raises eyebrow~ You swear you're not a member of their crew?: she typed.

Bono laughed appreciatively, B: "I swear to God I'm not a member of the crew, do you swear you're not a psycho fan, stalking the band in your spare time?"

Jessie grinned; J: lol Yeah right, I fly off to Dublin during my lunch hour and on weekends just to check up on what the band is doing. I'm actually having a torrid love affair with Bono himself. I'm carrying his love child: Jessie chuckled a bit as she pressed the send key.

Bono burst into laughter, he loved Jessie's sarcasm and wondered if she realized how close to the truth her last comment had come.

B:"A torrid love affair huh? Does Bono realize you talk to me? You don't think he'd be jealous do you? I mean I wouldn't want to upset him, what if he decided to pick a fight with me and I had to hurt him?"

J: You think you could take Bono? ~incredulous look~ I don't know, that man looks pretty tough:

Bono flexed his muscles as if to test their strength.

B: "Oh yeah, I could definitely rough him up some. I wouldn't want to, but I have to defend myself you know."

Jessie laughed?
J: You're so sure of yourself. Typical male response:

Bono smiled,
B: "Oh baby I'm anything but typical, you can bet on that"

Jessie sighed, J: I know you're kidding, but you really are one of the nicest guys I've ever "met." It's too bad there aren't more like you out there:

Bono hesitated a moment and then nonchalantly asked Jessie
B: "We get along well right? I'm going to be in Chicago next week?do you think we should meet?"

He then waited anxiously for her response. You'd think after so many years of undying adoration from his fans, the opinion of one random girl wouldn't matter, but it did. He'd really come to value Jessie's companionship over these past few months and genuinely cared for the girl. Even if she turned out to be very homely, he felt that they might have something together?and after years of meaningless encounters, he was ready for a real relationship.

Jessie's breath caught as she read Bono's reply. A thousand possibilities raced through her head, what if he was psychotic, what if he was a pervert, what if he took one look at her and went the other way?.what if this was the one she'd been waiting for? She looked over at her fish.
"What do you think MacPhisto?" He swam around in circles. "You're right?He seems decent enough?" she looked at her screen.

B:"Hello? Are you still there?" Apparently she was taking too long to answer, Bono sure was impatient. She took a deep breath and typed her response.

Bono hooted with delight as he read the word on his screen. At this point Edge wandered into the room with a towel wrapped around his head, "What are you yelling for? And why aren't you changed? We're almost ready to leave."

Bono jumped out of his seat and tackled his boyhood friend, "She wants to meet me!" he shouted as they both fell over in a tangled heap.

"Oi! Watch the hair man!" Edge cried as his towel fell to the floor.

Bono looked at him in confusion, "What hair?" Edge merely scowled.

"Hurry up and shower mate, we're leaving" Edge picked his towel up and stalked out of the room, leaving Bono sitting on the floor chuckling.

Bono stood up and walked back to his computer screen. "How's next Friday sound to you? At Brewster's Club down on 7th street?"

J: How will I know who you are?: her fingers tapped nervously on the mouse as she waited.

Bono sat back for minute. He still hadn't told her who he really was. Maybe he should before he surprised her?but then again maybe not. He grinned a little wickedly. B: "Why don't you wear some sort of U2 paraphernalia and I'll find you."

Jessie agreed and then logged off the site. She looked in desperation at her fish, "What have you gotten me into MacPhisto?"

Bono logged off and walked over to the mirror where he flexed his muscles experimentally. "I could definitely take Bono?no problem." He struck a pose, grinned at his reflection and then hurried off to join the band on the flight to their next show.

Bono meeting Jessie?? :hyper: :hyper:
Please more more more!!!! :hyper:
I know this doesn't count as a feedback,but the only thing I can say right now is "I need more!!Next part,PLEASE!!!" :wink:

KieraAnne said:
J: You think you could take Bono? ~incredulous look~ I don't know, that man looks pretty tough:

Bono flexed his muscles as if to test their strength.

B: "Oh yeah, I could definitely rough him up some. I wouldn't want to, but I have to defend myself you know."

Jessie laughed?
J: You're so sure of yourself. Typical male response:

Bono smiled,
B: "Oh baby I'm anything but typical, you can bet on that"

Originally posted by KieraAnne
"Oi! Watch the hair man!" Edge cried as his towel fell to the floor.

Bono looked at him in confusion, "What hair?" Edge merely scowled.

Originally posted by KieraAnne
Bono logged off and walked over to the mirror where he flexed his muscles experimentally. "I could definitely take Bono?no problem." He struck a pose, grinned at his reflection and then hurried off to join the band on the flight to their next show.

:lol:...best parts out of this chapter! :D. I could actually see Bono doing and saying that stuff. :p.

Gah, now I'm all anxious...can't wait to see what happens next with these two! :hyper:!

Angela

Back
Top Bottom