You've Got Mail - Part 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
Sorry it took so long to get this next part up. I hope you like it. :)

Part 16

Jessie clutched the fish bowl to her as she leaned closer to the window to get a better view of the island they were fast approaching. Not that you could tell it was an island from here, but in her minds eye she could see it all. The rolling green hills, the sweeping cliffs and majestic ruins?she looked down at MacPhisto excitedly. He didn?t seem to mind the trip so far, even though every so often the turbulence caused his water to splash and get a bit choppy. She glanced behind her and caught Bono smiling at her. She grinned back and returned to gazing out the window.

Bono continued to smile after she turned away. After the work it took to convince her to come, he wasn?t sure if she was going to please him or because she wanted to. Either explanation would have agreed with him, but he was glad to see her so excited.

?Oi! Bono!? Edge interrupted his thoughts rudely by slugging him in the shoulder. Bono turned to glare in his direction.

?What?!? he demanded in annoyance.

?Stop staring at yer girl and help us with this.? Edge gestured with his guitar at the music sheet in front of him. Bono belatedly remembered that he was supposedly thinking about lyrics for the tune Edge had just composed and hurriedly placed a thoughtful expression on his face.

?Oh right, well I was thinking?? he began.

?Yeah we know what you were thinking.? Edge replied while Larry and Adam snickered. ?But if you could stay with us here for just a few more minutes ye can go back to romancing your ?friend? over there,? he jerked his head in Jessie?s direction.

Bono looked back at her and at once became distracted by the graceful curve of her neck and the way her hair fell gently down her back. She seemed to be holding some sort of animated discussion with her goldfish at the moment. Bono thought it was cute.

?Bono!?!?

With a sigh he turned back to his mates and tried to concentrate on lyrics.

As the jet coasted to a stop, Jessie began to gather her belongings. Carefully trying to balance the fishbowl and her suitcase, she almost fumbled both as Bono took the bag from her hand.

?Let me get that luv,? he said winking, ?you seem to have yer hands full.? Jessie smiled gratefully and Bono, dazzled, leaned in to kiss her.

?Oi!? Edge protested, ?don?t block up the aisle!?

Bono jumped back and glared at Edge who was grinning at him. Larry and Adam were chuckling under their breath where they stood waiting to disembark.

?I?ll block up the aisle if I want! I own a quarter of this plane so don?t you be telling be where I can or can?t stand!? With that he turned back to Jessie only to find her waiting at the door.

?Come on then? she said, before descending the steps.

Edge shoved up behind Bono, trying to get past him. ?Are you going to move now?? He asked impatiently. Bono, ignoring him, slowly picked up his own bag, turned and began to inch his way toward the door.

Larry and Adam looked at each other and then began to climb over the seats on either side, passing Edge and Bono and exiting the plane.

Jessie took a deep breath of the fresh Irish air and looked around her. It seemed everywhere she turned something was green and growing, a broken wall of a fence lined a field to her right. Squinting into the sun Jessie could just make out the broken stones from some old ruin that made of the fence. She smiled happily as Larry and Adam passed her, heading towards the waiting car.

?C?mon? Larry waved her towards them.

?Where?s Bono?? she asked, looking back to the jet in time to see a grinning Edge saunter down the steps. Bono followed a ways behind him scowling at his back. He quickly changed his expression when he saw Jessie looking at him. Smiling, he began to hurry down the steps, slowing dramatically when Edge shot him a glare.

Finally reaching Jessie he grinned and grabbed her hand. ?Let?s go luv, you haven?t even seen the best part.? Bono began to lead her to the car, but she brought him up abruptly.

?I?ve seen you haven?t I? How much better can it get?? Bono smiled as Jessie lay a gentle kiss on his upturned lips.

This was greeted by a collective groan from the car. ?Can we go already?? Edge asked, ?I?m starving!? He snatched greedily at the stick of gum Adam waved under his nose. ?Thanks Ad?s, yer the best.? Shoving the stick into his mouth he settled himself in his seat and happily began chewing away.

Jessie climbed into the car, wincing as her muscles began to protest the movement. Bono put his arm around her and signaled to the driver. As they began the journey down roads winding their way through rolling green hills, Jessie found herself losing track of the conversations going on around her. Instead she began edging closer and closer to the window, until finally she practically had her nose pressed up against the glass in her eagerness to see everything. They drove through picturesque villages, through more fields dotted with grazing sheep, past quiet country homesteads and along the coast where the ocean could be heard crashing against cliffs.

Jessie didn?t see Bono staring at her. She didn?t see the smile that warmed his whole face as he took in her obvious enjoyment of his homeland. The guys grinned, winking and elbowing each other as their smitten companion made doe eyes at his girl.

Jessie, of course, didn?t notice this either, she had eyes only for Ireland. It seemed the land of her dreams, was in fact a reality. She smiled as they slowed and turned into a small drive, stopping in front of a charming cottage. There were flowers lining the path to the door and vines climbing the sidewall. Fresh thatch made up the roof and Jessie could see smoke rising lazily from the chimney.

?We?re here!? Bono exclaimed, jumping out of the car and holding the door for Jessie. She climbed out and looked around her. A light breeze teased her hair and she could hear the low hum of a tractor somewhere over the hills.

?Well?? asked Adam, ?what do you think?? She turned to him with a smile.

?Your spoon couldn?t do this place justice Adam! It?s wonderful!? Laughing, she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. Smiling Adam wrapped his arms around her and gently hugged her back. Bono glared at the two of them.

?If yer quite through with your display, I think we should go in and get Jessie settled.? Adam released Jessie and grinned at Bono before picking up his bag and walking towards the cottage. Before he could open it the door was pushed open from the inside as a huge beast of a dog rushed into the yard and began barking his head off. He was closely followed by a well kept young woman with huge brown eyes and hair falling in her face.

?Quinn!? she yelled, ?Stop that right now!? The dog barked enthusiastically. Jessie picked up her fish bowl and held it protectively to her chest. She didn?t think dogs ate gold fish, but you never could tell. Edge manfully strode towards the dog and attempted to grab his collar. The dog chased circles around him.

?Quinn!? the woman shouted, ?sit!? The dog stopped mid-stride and plopped himself down, his big tongue lolling out of his mouth as he panted and looked around for approval. Edge smiled and tentatively extended his hand. Quinn enthusiastically sniffed at the offering before covering it in doggy kisses.

?This is quite the animal you have here Lori. I thought you didn?t like dogs?? Edge asked, wiping his now dripping hand on his jeans.

Lori blew at her hair and sighed. ?I don?t like dogs. He?s my sisters. I?m just watching him while she and her husband are out of town.? She smiled at the group, ?Please don?t mind him, he?s really just an overgrown puppy?or so Bri keeps telling me.? Walking towards Jessie she smiled, wiped her hand on the apron she wore before shaking Jessie?s enthusiastically.

?You must be Jessie.? She said warmly.

Jessie nodded, still clutching her fish bowl with one hand.

?Well, I?m LoraLei O?Connor, or Lori if you prefer, proprietor of this establishment and I?m so pleased to have you here. Bono! Be a gentleman and help the lady with her things.? Bono jumped and quickly picked up Jessie?s bag.

?Surely that isn?t all ye brought is it?? Lori demanded.

?I pack light,? Jessie explained.

?Well,? Lori continued, ?I?m sure we can fix you up if you realize yer missing something. For now why don?t you come inside? I?m just about to get tea on and you can relax in the parlor, or go freshen up first if you?d rather.?

Jessie nodded and started to the door. ?Oh!? Lori exclaimed, ?I almost forgot; Slainte Jessie! Welcome to Ireland!? with that, she proceeded into the house.

Ah, finally, another chapter! :D. I really, really like the way you're developing Bono and Jessie's relationship. They're so sweet to each other. :cute:.

Also, Jessie's reaction to Ireland is pretty much how I'd react should I ever get the chance to go there. Just from the pictures and clips on TV that I've seen, it looks like such a beautiful country.

Angela

KieraAnne said:
Jessie smiled gratefully and Bono, dazzled, leaned in to kiss her.

?Oi!? Edge protested, ?don?t block up the aisle!?

Bono jumped back and glared at Edge who was grinning at him. Larry and Adam were chuckling under their breath where they stood waiting to disembark.

?I?ll block up the aisle if I want! I own a quarter of this plane so don?t you be telling be where I can or can?t stand!? With that he turned back to Jessie only to find her waiting at the door.

?Come on then? she said, before descending the steps.

Edge shoved up behind Bono, trying to get past him. ?Are you going to move now?? He asked impatiently. Bono, ignoring him, slowly picked up his own bag, turned and began to inch his way toward the door.

:lmao:

KieraAnne said:
?I?ve seen you haven?t I? How much better can it get?? Bono smiled as Jessie lay a gentle kiss on his upturned lips.

Awww :cute:

Oh, KieraAnne i just loved this part - it was certainly worth the wait! :D As always I'm looking very much forward to the next part :hyper: - don't let us waiting too long! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom