Your Mission: Help me lose weight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ;
Okay... Now it's serious. I just reached size 11 and I'm ashamed of it :sigh: Three years back I was a 9 and I'm damn mad that I'm this thick :mad: I need help! :scream: So I was thinking that you could give me tips, suggestions on how to lose weight. Just simple things like walking more, drinking a lot of water, etc help a lot but i know there's more that can make a difference.

Starting today, I'll begin with different nutrition. In a month, I'll tell you how the process going. What I'm eating, doing and other stuff. I think it's a very interesting test.
Now: This is how I look. I got the picture taken today at the morning :|
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?postid=1130432#post1130432

Girls: I'm counting on you! :wave:

you already look great.:yes: you definately DON'T need to go on a diet.

but if you feel the need to lose a few pounds than do it but just be careful. i always worry about people who go on diets cause it can so easily get outta control.

just be smart about it and do it in a healthy way.

:hug:

Thanks gals!
Actually I'm not ashamed of the way I look .I :love: myself . Nor I want to go on a diet. I only want to eat less junk and fat and healthier. I've been trying, I've been to the gym too, but what it seems is that I'm just eating too much. :sigh: My cheeks are getting HUGE now! :lol:

Thanks ladies for your words! :hug:

That's actually a really cute pic :)

One of the things to be careful of is saying, 'I can't eat this or that' - nothing is bad *in moderation*. If you deprive yourself completely, you're bound to go on a binge later when you can't take it anymore. For example, if you really want pizza, just have a small piece, or make it yourself with lots of veggies and easy on the cheese, things like that. You can do it :hug:

Ana, you are seriously beautiful just the way you are. You are like Bono, beautiful inside and out. Your pic is pretty and you are a good person inside too :hug:

I really need to eat better myself. I have gained 2 pants sizes over this miserable winter. I'm going to start walking and stop eating so much junk. I need to stop eating chocolate donuts, tell me I don't want them:no: I can't stop but I must stop :help:

U2Kitten said:
Ana, you are seriously beautiful just the way you are. You are like Bono, beautiful inside and out. Your pic is pretty and you are a good person inside too :hug:

:up::up::up:

Originally posted by U2Kitten
I really need to eat better myself. I have gained 2 pants sizes over this miserable winter. I'm going to start walking and stop eating so much junk. I need to stop eating chocolate donuts, tell me I don't want them:no: I can't stop but I must stop :help:

I've got the same problem. I used to be in better shape but now i'm just getting lazy. :huh: Anyways, I find that for example if you crave chocolate :)drool:) you should pick a day of the week to reward yourself with it. so, start on Monday and go from Mon-Thursday with out chocolate, and reward youself with chocolate on Friday. :yes: :)

I have battled with my weight since I was a teen (Im in my late 20's) and I have finally won the battle.

This is the diet that worked for me:
plenty of fruits and vegitable, Tuna, Fish(baked), Chicken(baked, broiled or grilled) Fat free yogurt and plenty of Water. Stay away from soft drinks they have to much sugar.
Substitute white bread and white rice for Whole Wheat bread and brown rice.
Monday thru Saturday go to the Gym. Make sure you do plenty of Cardio and weight lifting. Weight lifting speeds up your metabolism and gives you a toned body.
On Sundays I would eat like a pig. There is no way anybody can go 7 days a week without eating a piece of Chocolate or a slice of Pizza, so eat whatever you want on Sundays.

Most importantly DONT STARVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!! if you starve yourself you WILL gain it right back, I know this from experience.

so yep, thats what worked for me.

Ana,

You will do fine as long as you don't stress yourself with the issue of weight loss. As long as you have a good diet and physical plan you should do fine. I also agree with SpanishEyes21, starving doesn't work!!! I tried that and I didn't work at all. Now I'm like a whale BUT I think I finally have come to terms with my problem and taking things slow and doing it with help from my family.

So keep up the good Ana and you will do fine. Enjoy life no matter what size you are.:yes: :wave:

I lost 30 pounds by jogging and eating a sensible diet.
I ate fat free yogurt for breakfast every morning, sometimes a special K bar too.
I totally agree about eating what ever you want on sundays, I do the same thing.
I try to keep chicken, fish, and meat in my diet.
I think exercise is the most important part of any diet. There is no quick fix no matter what anyone tells you!

I hate running, I have flat feet and running is torture, but once the weather is warm, I bike 10-20 miles a day and it feels great. I haven't really lost much weight this way b/c what you loose in fat you gain back in muscles, but it makes me feel better and not so sluggish. It's a good cardio substitute if you're not big on jogging. Once I get a few weeks into biking and start feeling better, I also like to do some sit-ups and stomach crunches. I like to do about 200, but you don't need to do that many, even 50 or so can help.

Good luck!

Thanks for all those great recommendations! Right now I'm cutting out soda and chocolate. Well, I'm cutting the chocolate consume to half, I just can't resist to Hershey's cookies and creme! :drool:
I'm also walking more than I used to, I'm not using the chair much and I'm drinking more water. I won't starve myself because I really can't :lol: and I'll try my best. Altho I was considering buying also the slim fast shakes or some Herbalife products. Has anyone tried any of these?

Everyone: Thanks for your kind words. I have nothing but grattitude for you :hug: Specially you Kitty :heart:

I'd say skip the slim fast - they've got the same stuff in it as energy drinks, and fluid goes through you pretty quick, hard to stay full for very long. Foods that are high in protein or fiber will help you stay satisfied longer, also lots of water with your meal will help you to feel full faster :)

hey Ana,

What Bonosloveslave says is right. Slim fast doesn't keep you full.

Also in regards to herbalife; don't waste the $. I mean it works and all BUT you pay a grip a money for it and it really isn't a long term solution. I got on it for 3 months and lost 60 pounds. Once I was off it, I balloned and gained all that weight and more. So I've learned my lesson and prefer to take the longer road. Also the thing I didn't like about herbalife is that it didn't teach me how to eat. Anyway just my thoughts.

It's all about that Binge Day. It keeps you going while you're being good the rest of the week. My day is Friday, and I buy my chocolate-covered gummi bears, have a margarita or two with the girls after work, and three bowls of tortilla chips and salsa...Yum. You have to reward yourself!

A year ago I feared nothing more than gaining weight. This winter I think I've put on 10 pounds, in addition to the 20 I lost during my own little starvation experience. I have flab in places I never had flab before, but as soon as this horrible weather goes away I'm going to walk three miles every day like I did until November!

Now if my mom would stop with the brownies and banana breads already, I'll be good to go!

... I wanted to go on the short road! :scream:

Okay, this is what I've got:

Drinking lots of water(altho I hate going to the bathroom every second)
Having for breakfast a bowl of Special K
Eating energy bars
Not drinking soda
Eating lots of vegetables and having some fruit
And walking a lot.

I haven't starved but the problem with me is that I crave too much chocolate and tortilla chips :drool:

Ana said:
I haven't starved but the problem with me is that I crave too much chocolate and tortilla chips :drool: [/B]

When you have a craving eat some grapes or an apple, banana, put some Jelly on a Rice Cake. I know that you would rather have Chocolate but save it for whatever pig out day you choose.

Also what has helped me are buying fitness magazines, buy some fitness magazine, you will learn alot:yes: :yes:

And I recommend you not buy any of those weight loss pills like Xenadrine:madspit: that stuff is dangerous:mad:

SpanishEyes21 said:

When you have a craving eat some grapes or an apple, banana, put some Jelly on a Rice Cake.

rice cakes are good, but i always thought that if you put jam (jelly? :lol:) on them they smelt like wet dog.....probably just my crap opinion......

I would suggest that banana on rice cake is really good - obviously as well as grapes, small oranges and apples. bananas on rice cakes honestly tastes like pudding (although I think you call pudding 'dessert' in the US......)

home step aerobics videos are good too - if you have a step at home. I have one, but I have to close the curtains (drapes??:lol:) when I excercise, to avoid neighbours.....:der:)

reading this thread makes me go hungry :lol:

Yesterday my co-worker was tempting me with a twinkie (bastard, he knows I love twinkies) and I said -no! Until friday! So what I did was that I took the twinkie and labeled 'Eat until friday' and put it on a drawer!:lol: It's still there and I'm planning to keep it there! :)

And bammo: umm... smell like wet dog? :laugh:

I joined weight watchers 7 weeks ago and have lost 19 pounds. The main things that have helped me so far...eating less and replacing "good" foods for "bad" ones. When I say eating less, I mean instead of taking the box of wheat thins with you to the couch, put a serving size in a bowl and take the 19 crackers(or whatever the serving is)with you.
I think reducing my volume of food has helped me the most.
You should write down what you eat each day, that helps a lot too.
Good luck!

Ok...I know I'm late here...

But don't forget to eat your protein!!! I was on the Zone diet, and it worked..and I'm getting back on it again for the summer. www.zoneperfect.com I think?

Drink plenty of water or tea, if you have to have a soda..have a diet soda, but don't over do it. Caffeine isn't good, because it keeps the liver from producing enough insulin (that's what makes your body digest sugar)--so no more than 1 cup a day.

Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes are a definate no-no if you want to lose weight. Starches make you retain water. I lost 10 pounds just by not eating those foods.

If you're going to have a salad, put a bit of dressing on it, and have some chicken or fish, even some beef. Yes beef is a great source of protein (but don't eat it more than 3 times a week).

A good snack is a glass of milk, or soy milk, or a cup of yogurt (doesn't have to be fat free--yes some fat is actually good for you..just don't over do it).

Last edited:
:yes: What Madamc said.

I lost 30 pounds in 3 months before the Elevation tour started by cutting out sugar and starches!

*although I have fallen off the wagon, I am about to jump back on as summer is almost here!

Back
Top Bottom