Your Gypsy Heart pt 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
Disclaimer: No offense intended; it’s all make believe. None of it happened.

Chapter Three: Gypsy Dance Part 1

“Can’t sleep?” Angel heard a familiar voice ask. This time he really had managed to sneak up on her. Her body jerked in shock as she realized she was not, as she had believed, alone.

“Just looking for a junk food fix.” She told him, turning her attention back to the vending machine she had been studying when he sneaked up on her.

“You could order room service.” He suggested, slipping his ice bucket onto the shelf and hitting the button on the ice machine.

“Kitchen’s closed. What are you doing up this time of night?” She asked, frowning at him as she realized it was three o’clock in the morning and he was wandering the halls alone. Definitely not something a man under federal protection should be doing.

“Pulled a muscle in my shoulder on stage tonight.” He told her, picking up the now full ice bucket.

“You ok?” She asked instinctively. “You need some Ibuprofen or something?”

“Thanks, but I think I’ll stick with the ice for now. Unless you give a good massage?” He smiled at her playfully and she rolled her eyes at him. “So, how about you? Why can’t you sleep?” He asked once she’d retrieved her M&M’s from the vending machine. They fell into a slow pace together, back in the direction of their rooms.

“It’s stupid, but I feel guilty.” She told him, ripping one corner off the package of candy.

“Guilty? For what?”

“I had my partner run background checks on everybody who worked close to you. If I’d done it myself and seen that Shane had a warrant, I could’ve ‘accidentally’ over looked it. He didn’t pose any threat to you. Since someone else found it, he wound up getting arrested and sent back to Texas. Now Tequila Monster’s short a bass player, and at such an important time.” She explained, popping an M&M into her mouth and chewing thoughtfully.

“He’s the one who did what he did to get the bloody warrant issued in the first place. It’s his fault, not yours.” Bono objected.

“Still, the timing couldn’t be worse. I don’t know much about this business but I can imagine this could be a destructive setback.”

“They’ll be all right. They’re survivors, the lot of ‘em. You wouldn’t believe what those guys have been through.” He told her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder reassuringly. “Cat’s never liked Shane much anyway.” He joked. Angel had to chuckle at this.

“Yeah, I gathered that.” She laughed. They reached Bono’s room and she saw him wince as he reached back to pull his key card out of his back pocket. His shoulder was hurting more than he let on, she realized.

“Here, let me.” Angel slid the card out of his back pocket and opened the door for him.

“You know, I could’ve done that m’self. I just wanted to see if I could get you to play with me bum.” He teased, and she wrinkled her nose at him, trying not to smile. She followed him into the room, glancing around at the mess, assuring herself it was safe. She was going to have to watch him closer, thinking about how vulnerable he was suddenly, at this time of night.

“You gonna tuck me in?” He asked, arching an eyebrow at her.

“In your dreams.” She told him, having grown more accustomed to his playful nature and fallen into a natural back and forth. He just wanted to get a reaction out of her, she’d decided. He wasn’t actually flirting, it was just a game. She had decided this and accepted it with as little disappointment as possible.

There was something very surreal about the moment, though. Like something in an old movie, maybe something in the noir genre. The hotel was quiet, only one dim lamp glowing in the room casting a warm orange gold light and tons of shadows. Outside, the lights of the city glowed, the sound of traffic muffled at this height. It seemed like somewhere in the distance she should hear a saxophone playing something slow and sensual.

She turned her focus back to why she was there in the first place, thinking it must be something about him, the way her imagination was running wild. She was not usually the romantic type, thinking such unrealistic and useless thoughts. She ducked into the bathroom and grabbed two towels, one small and one large, bringing them out and wrapping some of the ice in the smaller.

“Here.” She said, gesturing for him to set. “Where is it? Higher up in the shoulder or more on your arm?” She asked, and he gestured to the place where it was hurting. “It’s probably your bursa ligament.” She told him, holding the ice pack against his shoulder and beginning to secure it by wrapping the larger towel around his arm.

“Wait, wait.” He told her, standing and sliding his shirt off over his head. “I can’t hardly feel the ice.” He informed her as he tossed the shirt into a chair in the corner. She had such a desire to ditch the ice and wrap herself around him she was actually dizzy. She drew in a shaky breath and forced herself to regain her composure.

“Angel.” He said, making her look up into his eyes as he drew closer to her. She loved the sound of his voice speaking her name. It wasn’t the same as everyone else. It became a sweet compliment, when he said it. When she looked up, he was close. Unusually close. Intimately close. She blinked up at him in surprise as he lowered his face close enough that she could feel his breath against her cheek. “I know you think I’m playing when I tell you this, but you really are beautiful.”

“No…” she started to argue modestly, shaking her head slightly, her voice a whisper, as if the words were caught in her throat. He brought both hands up to her face and made her look at him again, his thumb gently stroking her cheek.

“Look at you!” He argued quietly. “You have such beautiful skin…” he told her, his lips brushing against her forehead. Angel’s heart was racing now, trembling against her ribcage. She tried to swallow over the lump forming in her throat, but it was no use. “Silky, soft hair.” He continued stroking her black hair tenderly. His other arm slipped down around her waist to pull her against him and hold her.

“Such deep, dark eyes…” he whispered, kissing her closed eyelids. “Such a sexy mouth.” He told her, his hot breath hitting her lips as he hovered there, not quite touching. Just when she thought the anticipation was going to kill her, he closed the distance, his soft, hot mouth covering hers. The stubble on his jaw rubbed against he skin in a delicious contrast to the softness of his mouth and she felt her knees tremble.

She melted against him, one hand sliding up into his soft hair as he deepened the kiss, his tongue sliding smoothly past her lips and teeth to engage her own in a dance as old as mankind. He gently eased them both down to lie on the bed, his warm hand resting against her hip. One hand slid tentatively under the material of her shirt to rub her soft skin, one thick leg sliding between her legs as their bodies began to move against each other in that same rhythm as their mouths.

It had been far too long since anyone had made her feel like this. No, she realized somewhere in the small part of her brain which was still functioning, no one had ever made her feel quite like this before. This was more like a dream than anything real. His hand sliding up along the bare skin of her back now, his mouth leaving hers just long enough for them to gasp for breath.

She had to stop, she knew… this was wrong on so many levels. But why did it feel so right? They were ripped from the moment as the room was filled suddenly with a flashing light and the screech of the fire alarm.

“What the hell…?” It took a moment for the situation to register to her cloudy mind, but as soon as it did she fell back into her more comfortable role. She extricated herself from the tangle of arms and legs and blankets they had become, awkwardly stumbling out of bed. He groaned in disappointment but rose from the bed as well, following her to the door.

She opened the door to peek out into the hall, seeing the other doors opening as well, sleepy residents stumbling out like zombies into the hallway and wondering what was going on. Something caught her eye suddenly, something on the floor to the right of the doorway. She looked down to see the crude package and her heart jumped.

“Get out!” She called to the others in the hallway. “Get out through the fire stairs, hurry. There’s a bomb in the hallway, you need to move!” She saw the concern in the eyes of the others, saw them hesitate and look back at her. “Get out now!” She ordered more forcefully.

“A bomb?” She heard Bono ask from behind her, trying to peek over her shoulder.

“Yes, stay there. There’s a trip wire on it, they expected you to stumble out the door half asleep.” She told him. “I’m going to step over it carefully, and I need you to do the same.” She told him in a deceptively cool, quiet voice. Inside she was shaken. She had very nearly triggered the damn thing.

She stepped clear of the wire and gestured for him to do the same. She saw him eye the device warily but when he turned his eyes back up to her, she looked him squarely in the eye and told him it was safe, as long as he didn’t touch the trip wire.

“What the bloody hell are you still doing in here?” Adam demanded as he rounded the corner, having headed in directly the opposite direction of the stairs, towards the rooms of his friends to make sure they were all evacuated before he would leave the building. “Holy fuck.” He muttered as he realized what he was seeing in the doorway of Bono’s room.

“Yeah, and I told everyone to get the hell out!” Angel told him hotly as Bono cleared the trip wire and they began to move toward the stairwell.

“I made sure the others were out, I was just coming to check on you two.” Adam told her.

“That’s not your job.” She snapped, her nerves raw. She threw open the door to the stairwell and looked down over the railing. She could still hear the others descending a few flights below.

“What are you looking for?”

“If I were trying to assassinate someone,” she replied in a hushed voice, “I would always have a plan B. There are only two stairwells, it wouldn’t be hard to have someone waiting to ambush him if the bomb wasn’t triggered.”

“Shit. You think there’s someone waiting in the stairwell with a fucking gun?”

“Not necessarily in the stairwell, but maybe just outside one of the doors, waiting for you to pass.” She told him. “That way they’d be behind you, less likely you could run or fight back.” Adam ran a big hand over his face and let out a long, shaky breath.

“So what do we do?” He asked.

“We can either wait here, with a crude and unstable explosive which could be triggered by something like a door slamming somewhere, or we take our chances with the stairs.” She told him dryly.

“Adam, I need you to go first, then Bono. Try and act naturally.” She told them sliding her back up weapon out of her ankle holster.

“You wear your gun to bed?” Adam asked.

“A glock is a girls best friend.” She told him with a little smile. “Go on.”

“What are you going to do?” Bono asked, his blue eyes flashing with concern, not for himself but for her. She didn’t have time to appreciate the sentiment at that moment, so she simply replied,

“He’ll be watching for you, not me. I’m going to be watching for him.”

“And we’re what? Bait?” Adam scowled at the prospect.

“You two are evacuating before the homemade bomb does what it was intended to do. I’m just watching your backs. Now go!” She ordered them, and this time Bono started down the stairs. Adam shot her a look that told her he didn’t approve of the plan, but he caught up with his mate as he made his way down the stairs.

They hesitated when they heard someone rushing up the stairs toward them, Angel remained one flight above them, holding fast to her weapon and readying herself. As the person came into view she sighed and shook her head at them, letting them know it was no threat.

“Thank God!” John said as he saw Bono and Adam.

“Where the hell were you?” Bono asked.

“No time for that now!” Angel called down to them. “Move!”

“What’s she…?” John started to ask, but Adam started down the stairs and Bono gestured for John to do the same.

“I’ll explain later.” He told the embarrassed bodyguard as they began their descent once more. Fortunately, they made it to the bottom of the stairs and out of the hotel without being ambushed. That didn’t mean there hadn’t been someone waiting, just that they had decided they didn’t have the shot they needed. As soon as they were outside with the hundreds of others being evacuated from the hotel, Angel approached John.

“Where the fuck were you?” She demanded, still holding her pistol loosely in one hand.

“I was in the bathroom when the alarm sounded, and then I was helping evacuate people.” He replied meekly. It had given him a real fright when he realized Bono was still upstairs, he had never meant to leave him behind in the chaos. Angel poked the considerably bigger man in the chest with her index finger and he flinched.

“That is not your job! You are responsible for monitoring who comes and goes through our floor at night. You are responsible for keeping an eye on what is going on around Bono and stopping anything dangerous from happening!” She yelled, her face darkening as her blood pressure rose.

“If you had been doing your job, they wouldn’t have been able to place the bomb in the first place!” She told him. “Do you know how close they came to succeeding tonight? Do you realize that if I had seen that bomb a half a second later, a lot of people would be injured, possibly dead?” When she finally let out all of the anger, fear and frustration she saw in the man’s eyes that he did indeed understand. She rubbed her eyes and sighed.

“Look, just help the other security officers make sure the bands are safe and all in one place. I’ve got to let the fire department and the local cops know what the situation is and notify my office.” She told him, and he nodded silently.

“Everything’s ok, you didn’t need to be quite so harsh.” Bono told her, and it was the first time she realized he was still standing behind her. She turned and frowned at him, feeling bad about dressing the bodyguard down that way in public.

“You should start making phone calls as well.” She told him.

“Why? Who?”

“You’re canceling the miami show.” She informed him, pulling her cell phone out of her pants pocket and thanking God she had taken the time to slip it in her pocket when she had gotten up to prowl the halls because she couldn’t sleep.

“Fuck that. I’m not about to let this…” Bono started to argue but she spun around and turned the glare she had just given John on him now.

“That was not a request, you understand me? They don’t care if other people get killed or hurt in the process of getting rid of you. Do you get that? Not only the band and crew are in danger, but every single fan that turns out for a show is as well.” She told him hotly, and he nodded in silent understanding. The severity of the situation was beginning to set in.

“While we set the investigation in motion, we’re going to need to keep you and the others from the band somewhere safe. Somewhere we can secure.” She added. “So you’d better tell them about that, too.”

“Where?” He asked.

“We need to go somewhere other than the places you would usually be found and especially not anywhere on your tour schedule. Don’t worry about that right now. That’s my job.” She told him, gesturing for him to go and then watching as he walked away and joined the others.

Last edited:
ok, i'd never ventured into the fan fiction part of pleba before tonight- i have a paper due tomorrow that i really don't want to work on, and needed something to do besides that...

wow, i just have to say that these stories are all fantastic! sad_girl, you are SO talented... :up: and i love the adam storyline, since i'm an adam girl myself.

thank you for posting them! :bow:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom