Your Gypsy Heart Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
For those of you awaiting the Bono sub-plot I say patience! Good things come to those who wait :wink:

Disclaimer Fiction. Fake. Pretend. Make believe. Never really happened.

Chapter One: Gypsies tramps and thieves part 2

The interview was going well, which was definitely a relief after yesterdays fiasco of a show. Cat and Bono had met the interviewer, named Jonathan, at a small bar and grill for lunch, and she had answered his questions very carefully. After lunch he bought a second round of drinks and sat back in his seat, starting to put his voice recorder away.

“Oh, yeah. I meant to ask you.” He said, catching Cat as she finished the last of her Bloody Mary. He put the recorder back out on the table. “There have been some rumors that, in part at least, the reason you’re touring with them at all is because you’re romantically involved with a member of U2. Is that true?”

“What? I can’t believe it, one bad show and people think the only reason we’re even here is just because of someone I’m dating?” She responded with a scowl.

“So, you are dating one of the band members?” He asked, his eyes shining like a predator who smelled fresh blood.

“What?”

“You said JUST because of someone you’re dating. Does that mean you are seeing someone, even if it’s not the reason you’re on the tour in the first place?” He pressed.

“I’m not saying…” she stammered, obviously frustrated and a little confused by the strange way he weaved his words.

“So, you’re saying you’re not dating any of them?”

“No. I mean yes! I mean…”

“I think she means it was an inappropriate question and she won’t be answering it.” Bono told the man, staring him down. The man’s eyes quickly dropped to the table, his predatory behavior vanishing.

“No problem. I’ve got everything I need, here. Thank you very much.” He told them quickly, shaking their hands before scurrying away.

“That sucked. I fucking hate people like that. Always out for some negative angle. No matter what, they have to find the dirt.” Cat told him.

“You’re gonna have to adjust to that. They’ll always be following you around, from here on out, I’d wager. For awhile at least. You’ll be doing plenty of shows to keep them looking your way, and if you and Adam are going to date, well… you know how much people love to gossip about that sort o’ shit.” He informed her. Cat rolled her eyes at the thought.

“Have time for one more?” He asked, holding up his empty glass and gesturing to the waitress.

“Definitely.” She agreed.

“Another for each of you?” The pretty little brunette asked, collecting the empty glasses. “How about your friend, is he comin’ back?”

“God, I hope not!” Cat moaned, and Bono laughed, shaking his head.

“No, just ours will be fine.” He told the waitress with a wink and a smile which made her blush furiously and nearly drop the empty glasses she was balancing on a tray. She kept glancing back over her shoulder at him and smiling. Cat was afraid the woman might trip and fall before she reached the bar.

“Have you been doing that your entire life, or is it something that came with the fame and fortune?” Cat asked him playfully. He smiled a cocky little smile and then tried to feign innocence.

“Doing what?” He asked. Suddenly, there was the crash of glasses hitting the floor and shattering from the bar area. Cat laughed and nodded her head in that direction.

“That! Doing that, to poor helpless women.” She teased, noticing the way his blue eyes sparkled mischievously as he laughed.

“Oh, THAT.” He repeated, still chuckling. “Jealous?” he asked, leaning across the table and looking into her eyes. Her mouth curled up into a twist as she fought the smile trying to spread across her face as a result of his attention.

“Yeah. That’s it. I’m so jealous.” She told him, leaning in close enough to bump noses. “I want you, I need you, right here, right now!” she murmured, batting her eyelashes at him. One corner of his mouth twitched up once the initial surprise had passed. She was sure he was about to make some smart ass comment when his eyes slid away and focused on someone else.

Cat turned to see a young woman standing nearby with a pen and magazine in hand and a look of absolute shock and disappointment on her pretty face. Cat felt her own face go red and she covered it with her hands. That had backfired miserably. She made a mental note not to try and beat Bono at his own game.

“I’m flattered, love, but I prefer women who use the ‘hard to get’ approach.” He told Cat, smiling at the young woman and waving her over. She smiled stupidly, her entire face lighting up as if she’d just been told she’d won the lottery.

“Hi.” She started, running a hand over her dyed blonde hair nervously. “I was just… I mean, could I get your autograph?” She managed to spit out.

“Of course. Here, sit down.” He told her, pushing out a chair from underneath with one foot. She sank into the seat gratefully, her knees trembling beneath her.

“This is a friend of mine, Cat Williams.” He informed her, and the girl tossed a quick glance at Cat. Cat smiled and waved slightly. “You’ll be wanting to get her autograph, too. I’m working with her and her band on their first album.” He informed her, making sure to touch her hand when he took the pen from her. She smiled and Cat thought the girl might actually swoon from the simple caress of his hand over hers.

As his words sank in, the girl did turn to look at Cat for a moment longer, curiosity in her eyes now, as well as jealousy. Cat turned, her eyes searching for the waitress who would be returning with her drink. She saw her rounding the corner, clutching the new tray with the full glasses carefully.

“Really?” The girl asked.

“Mmm-hmm. But apparently it’s just because I’m dating someone in the band.” She told the girl sarcastically. She heard Bono choke on a laugh and turned to see the look of despair on the girls face.

“Larry.” Bono and Cat both joked at the exact same time. The girl was baffled as the duo snickered desperately at each others joke, waited patiently for the flustered waitress to place their drinks in front of them, and then turned to Cat.

“So, you’re only kidding?” She asked, and Cat smiled and changed the subject.

“What’s your name?” She asked, taking a sip of her Bloody Mary.

“Tina.” The girl told her, passing the magazine over for Cat to sign. Cat signed a small section in the corner and passed it back to Bono who scribbled a verse across three quarters of the cover before signing his name. On the jukebox nearby, an old Sinatra tune started, and Bono lifted his head in interest.

“Can you turn that up?” He asked the waitress as she passed by, and she turned around, forgetting all about whatever she had been doing, and went to ask the bartender. Within moments, the volume rose considerably and Bono began to sing along.

“All summer long, we sang a song - and strolled on golden sand; Two sweethearts, and the summer wind!” He sang to the fan still seated to his right.

“Like painted kites, those days and nights - went flyin’ by! The world was new, beneath a blue - umbrella sky…” Cat joined in now, and he smiled across the table at her. He gestured to her dramatically, singing a bit louder. “Then softer than a piper man one day it called to you! And I lost you to the summer wind!”

A bit drunk from the Bloody Mary’s and always up for a challenge, Cat stood, and Bono rose to face her. “The autumn wind, and the winter wind - have come and gone! And still the days, those lonely days - go on and on!” They sang, Bono offered a hand to Cat, whom he drew into his arms and led into a swaying dance.

“And guess who sighs his lullabies - through nights that never end! My fickle friend, the summer wind!” Bono dipped Cat dramatically, and everyone in the bar began to clap. Once he had her standing upright on her own two feet again he nodded to those who applauded. Then turned back to Cat with a wink wrapping an arm heavily around her shoulder and kissing her on top of the head.

They sank back down into their seats, but not before someone snapped a picture. Soon they were swarmed by people hoping for autographs or asking questions, and even asking them to sing something more. Everyone wanted to buy them drinks, spend a little time with Bono and have a story to tell everyone for years to come.

Time slipped away quickly, and it wasn’t until one of the bodyguards (whom Bono had consistently waved off when trying to do their job) nudged him on the shoulder and pointed to his watch that they realized how late it had gotten.

“Oh my God!” Cat gasped, standing too quickly and setting the room spinning around her. They said their goodbyes and quickly made their way back to the hotel. As they stumbled out of the elevator on her floor, Bono’s snickers of amusement made her giggle despite her concern.

“It’s not funny!” She was telling him, smiling from ear to ear and punching him playfully on the shoulder. She stopped short when she saw Jessica waiting for her near her door, holding a garment bag and several boxes of new clothing.

“There you are!” She said, smiling sweetly. “Adam asked me to get you something to wear for tonight.” She explained when Cat stared at her blankly.

“Oh God, that’s right!” Cat gasped, closing her eyes and slapping her palm to her forehead.

“I just called Krash and told him to have the guys ready downstairs, we’ve got a rehearsal set up in the ball room, since I missed this afternoon.” She said, chewing on her lower lip.

“You’ll have time. It’s only six thirty.” Bono reassured her as she opened the door for Jessica.

“Right. Ok. Here’s the plan, you have my measurements and everything, so I’m sure what you bought me will fit fine. Just hang it up and I’ll get ready right after rehearsal.” Cat told her, grabbing the bass she had insisted on keeping in her room and her notebook.

“Where do you think you’re going?” She asked when Bono started to follow her into the rehearsal.

“Is this a trick question?” He replied.

“No, I need to have my guys to myself. Closed rehearsals. Ok?” She informed him, shaking her head. She realized she must be more drunk than she’d realized when it took the room a moment extra to quit swaying.

“All right. All right.” He told her, holding up his hands in a sign of surrender. “If you need me, I’ll be at my apartment.”

“Hey, guys. Sorry I’m so late.” Cat informed the others as she hurried into the room.

“You’re late AND you’re drunk.” Shane commented with a grin.

“How the hell do you know that?” She asked, unable to keep from smiling.

“It’s kinda obvious.” Alex told her with a sigh.

“Ok, let’s get working, I have to be out of here by eight fifteen. Adam’s picking me up at nine.” She told them, moving to take the mic, leaning her bass up against the wall. “I have some thoughts on the Boston show, I want to do something a little different.”

Adam checked his watch again. 9:15. She wasn’t answering her door. He paced the hallway and wondered if perhaps she was still in the shower and hadn’t heard him knock. He was about to knock again when he heard her voice behind him.

“I am so sorry I’m late!” She was saying as she hurried down the hallway toward him. He turned to face her, her bass guitar strapped to her but draped across her back, her hair a mess. “I lost time in the rehearsal.” She explained as she slid the key card in the lock.

“C’mon in.” She told him, flicking on the lights as she rushed into the room. He couldn’t help but be a little irritated, although he was relieved she was here now. He stood near the door, still holding the flowers he'd brought her, and watched as she discarded her bass and notebook, stripping out of her shoes and socks as she disappeared into the bathroom.

He heard the water in the sink running beyond the closed door, and made himself comfortable in the easy chair in one corner of the room. He turned on the TV and started to search the channels for something to occupy his mind; figuring he would be waiting awhile.

“Oh, what the hell?” He heard her saying to herself. He turned the TV back off and wondered if he was meant to reply.

“Something wrong?” He asked finally.

“Uh, well… No, I guess not.” She told him, the door swinging open as she stepped out. “I was just wondering where the rest of this dress was.” She informed him, holding out her arms and turning from side to side to show him what she was talking about. She was looking down at herself, not sure at all about the dress. If she had been watching his reaction, there would have been no question in her mind how she looked in it.

Finally she did look up at him, really seeing him for the first time that night. He was seated oh-so-casually in the chair looking as cool as only Adam Clayton could in a nicely cut black suit over a silver-blue silk shirt, which was open at the collar. A simple gold chain hung around his neck, peeking out of the part in his shirt, drawing her attention to the man’s broad chest.

She drew in a deep breath, her body flushing with heat. In one hand he clutched a bouquet of pink and red roses. Had he been holding those before, she wondered? He smiled crookedly at her and she realized she was gawking at him.

He stood and approached her slowly, appraisingly examining her. She stood there, her head down shyly as he took in her figure in the skin tight, emerald green, strapless dress. He stepped around her in a circle and a half, on the second time brushing her hair to one side as he stepped in close behind her and kissed the base of her neck. She shivered violently in surprise at the rush of sensation this sent through her.

“Does that mean you like it?” She asked playfully, her voice coming out a whisper. He continued to kiss her neck, sliding slowly up her neck to find her earlobe. He ‘mmm-hmm’d’ against her skin, the vibration shooting through her like electricity.

Her eyes drifted shut and she relaxed against him, her back to his chest as one of his incredibly large, warm hands rested against her belly. The other hand drifted up to push her hair out of the way so he could nibble on her other shoulder.

“You know, you aren’t making it easy for me to do this the right way?” he told her playfully in her ear. His accent seemed more pronounced to her, somehow, that way. She smiled and her eyes opened to look up at him.

“What?” she asked, obviously confused.

“I made plans for tonight. Dinner, a night club, top of the Empire state building. Now you’ve gotten me all off track. You’ve skipped all of that and gotten us to the end of the date before it even starts.” He told her, stepping around in front of her, his blue eyes washing over her greedily. She smiled broadly at this, licking her lips.

“Well, I’m kind of a rule breaker they say.” She joked, reaching out and resting a hand against his chest, straightening his shirt idly. “But since you went to so much trouble I guess I can play by the rules just for tonight.” His smiled at her, that full smile which she found so endearing.

“Let me finish getting dressed. Gimme ten minutes, tops.” She told him, turning and vanishing back into the bathroom. She looked into the mirror, not sure she recognized the woman looking back. She was wrestling inside with her determination not to make rash, heat-of-the-moment decisions which she would likely regret later and the reciprocal desire to do just that which Adam stirred up in her.

“Time to make up your mind, woman. What’s it gonna be?” She muttered to herself as she pulled her hair up in a tapered clip that let it tumble and curl down her back while keeping it out of her face. A quick application of lipstick and eye shadow and she decided she looked about as good as she was going to on such little time. She looked at her blood shot eyes and sincerely wished she had not had quite so many drinks that afternoon.

“Ready?” She asked Adam, standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips. His eyes slipped down over her and back up to meet hers, and he smirked appreciatively. As he searched for the right words, he smacked his lips in the way she had noticed him do so often it had become one of her favorite of his mannerisms.

“Ready for what?” He asked with a playful arch of his eyebrow. Cat shook her head and smiled from ear to ear, turning and heading out the door.

“Easy tiger, I’m going to dinner.” She told him lightly.

Yay! Another part! I thought that was funny when they both said "Larry" and laughed at the same time. Keep it coming! :wink:
Oh I just read the disclaimer...Bono sub-plot! YAY!!!!

Back
Top Bottom