Your Gypsy Heart pt 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
This is the second to last chapter in 'your gypsy heart'
But for those of you Who've grown fond of some of the original characters from this series, fear not. A sequel is already in the planning phases :wink:

Disclaimer: None of it ever happened, nor will it ever happen. It’s just my little daydream

Your Gypsy Heart Chapter 4: To Follow a Gypsy Rover pt 1

“So where are we going? To see Penn and Teller? David Copperfield?” Cat asked Adam as they made their way slowly down the strip, hand in hand. Trine followed, always falling behind a few steps no matter how slow they walked to try and let her catch up. Adam had returned just a few minutes earlier and told them to come with him, he had a surprise.

“I had something else in mind, but if you’d prefer…” he told her.

“Well, I would have to know what the something else was to say that.” She laughed.

“I was thinking we’d get married.” He told her, and she stopped and stared at him as if he’d just told her he was really an alien from Mars.

“What?” She asked, her voice catching in her throat, her heart not knowing whether to speed up or stop completely. He smiled at her, that full toothy grin she loved so much, and guided her by the hand off to one side sidewalk, out of the way of the foot traffic. He wrapped an arm around her waist and drew her close, looking down into her eyes.

“Ca’alina.” He started, knowing how she loved the way he said her name. “Will you marry me tonight?” He asked, and she blinked at him, still too stunned to talk. “Oh! Right, don’t want to forget this.” He said, withdrawing a small velvet box from his pants pocket. Cat pressed her hand to her mouth as he opened the box. He took the ring and slid it on her left hand, and she stared at it.

“It’s… When did you buy this?” She asked.

“I didn’t spend as much time shopping as I’d have liked. Do you not like it? We can get something different.” He told her as his eyes narrowed and he examined the ring.

“Not a chance!” She said, hiding her hand as if afraid he would snatch it off her finger. “I love it. It’s perfect.” She assured him. “Just like you.”

“I’m gonna be sick.” Trine complained, standing several feet away on the sidewalk. She was smiling at them, though. Cat eyed her suspiciously.

“Did you know about this?” She asked, and Trine grinned and shrugged. Cat tried to look scornful, suggesting the girl should have told her what Adam was up to, but she couldn’t keep the smile off her face. She turned back to Adam, her heart beating so hard it was likely to pop out of her chest.

“Are you serious?” She asked, but she could tell by the light in his eyes that he was. He nodded at her and smiled as he watched her run through the situation in her mind. “I … why?” she asked, and he laughed out loud at her.

“Because I realized today that I can’t imagine my life without you. I know it’s fast, Cat, and it might seem crazy to some people. That, in and of itself, tells me it suits us.” He told her, and she chuckled and agreed with him on that point.

“I don’t know what to say.” She told him, her eyes shimmering with unspilled tears. He leaned in and rested his forehead against hers.

“Say yes.” He whispered.

“Yes.” She told him, brushing a feathery kiss against his mouth. “Let’s get married.” She told him with a smile. He smiled back and hugged her close for a moment before leading the way to a small but tasteful chapel. He opened the door and gestured for Trine and Cat to go ahead, and when Cat saw that Bono, Edge and Larry were all waiting at the front of the chapel her lip quivered and she felt the tears swell again.

“Confident in yourself, weren’t you?” She teased Adam who smirked at her as if he’d never had a doubt she would say yes. Trine moved to the front and retrieved two rose bouquets, one for herself and one for Cat.

“Last chance to back out.” Adam told her quietly as she slid her hand into his and they started toward the alter.

“Don’t even try it. I’ve got you now, and I’m not about to let go.” She replied. Trine handed her the bigger of the two bouquets when they reached the front, the chapel photographer snapping pictures. Cat looked over Adam’s shoulder for a moment, making eye contact first with Bono who grinned like a cat who’d just eaten the canary. He’d obviously played some role in this event. Edge smiled too, obviously happy for Adam.

Larry stood behind Edge, his hands in his pockets, his head down. Cat silently willed him to look up. He must’ve felt her staring, because he glanced up, his silver eyes dark and moody. He forced a smile and looked back down at his feet again. She promised him silently that she would never do harm to the four of them, and hoped desperately that she would be able to keep that promise.

The ceremony was short but sweet. Classy, thankfully, and not conducted by a man in an Elvis costume or some other get up. She was surprised when Trine handed her a ring for Adam, and she teased him about not trusting her to pick out a ring he would like.

It took nearly as long to fill out the paperwork as the ceremony itself took, but no pile of paperwork would bring Cat’s mood down tonight. She felt as if her feet weren’t even touching the ground; she was floating.

“We’ll see the two of you tomorrow.” Bono told them as they stepped out the doors, he winked at them and smiled mischievously. Cat turned and looked up at Adam.

“We’re not going back to the hotel? All of my stuff is there.” She told him.

“No it’s not. We took your suitcases with us earlier.” He told her, obviously pleased with himself for his sneakiness. As they watched the others walking away, the reality of the moment hit Cat like a ton of bricks. It was her wedding night. As Adam took her hand and led her to the limo that was waiting to take them to whatever he had planned next, her entire body started to tremble.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, and she shook her head to say that there was nothing wrong as she climbed into the limo. Once they were on their way he looked across the seat at her, at the way she sat staring at her hands, just out of his reach.

“Ca’alina?” He asked her gently, sliding over to sit closer to her. “Have you changed your mind?”

“No! No, I’m sorry. Adam, I don’t want you to think that.” She told him, looking up quickly. “I… It’s nothing. I just… It’s been a really long time since…” She stumbled over her words and he chuckled with relief. She wrinkled her nose and looked up at him.

“Laughing at me doesn’t help matters.” She told him, making him chuckle harder.

“I’m not laughing at you. You just had me nervous for a minute there.” He told her, leaning in closer so his face was hovering near to hers. A thrill of anticipation and nerves shot through her, and the palms of her hands started to sweat. “Do you really think you have anything to be scared of?” He asked her softly, his breath tickling her cheek.

“No, not scared…” She replied, smiling weakly. “Just nervous.”

“I love you.” He told her, his eyes locking with hers.

“I love you, too.” She whispered, leaning forward until her lips brushed his own when she spoke. He closed his mouth over hers, his generous lips warm and firm as he kissed her so slowly she could hardly stand it. She laced her fingers up through his soft, silvery hair and moved to deepen the kiss, her tongue showing him what she wanted from him.

He moaned against her mouth, his hands behind her back as he leaned forward, guiding her to lie down against the seat. His mouth slid down her neck to find the ultra-sensitive spot where her neck and shoulder met, making her drew in a sharp breath, her back arching instinctively, pressing her more tightly against him.

His hand slid under the cotton material of her shirt to slide over smooth skin. A fire burned in her belly and was spreading quickly throughout her entire body. Her nerves were replaced by an aching need.

“What is this?” Adam asked, propping himself up on one elbow and looking down at her belly as he lifted her shirt slightly. His big hand slid back down her belly to trace the skin around her belly button as he examined the small gold hoop she wore there. Cat was about to ask him if he didn’t like it when he bent to kiss the sensitive skin, his tongue flicking the jewelry slightly and making her flinch in surprise at the competing sensations.

“Does that mean you like it?” She gasped, but Adam didn’t reply with words. He simply began to slide his kisses up along her belly to the cleft between her breasts. The car slowed and turned into the parking lot of another hotel, and Adam pushed himself up to glance out the window. He smiled down at her and pulled her shirt back down to cover her.

“We’re here.” He told her, his eyes glittering. Cat blushed modestly, and he laughed, offering her a hand up. “You aren’t getting shy on me all of a sudden, are you?” He asked, and she met his eyes.

“Just a little frustrated about the interruption.” She replied, her eyes washing over his face seductively. He watched her climb out of the limo, drawing a deep breath to compose himself before following. He caught up to her easily and led the way to the honeymoon suite, unlocking the door and pushing it open, turning to scoop her up into his arms as she let out a gasp of surprise followed by a fit of giggles.

“You don’t have to…” She was telling him, but he carried her across the threshold, kicking the door shut behind him. He kissed her before setting her back on her own two feet, and when she turned to see the room, her breath was taken away.

“Adam, did you do all this?” She gasped, looking around the room at the glowing candles than lined two of the walls, bathing the room in a soft, warm light. There was a trail of red rose petals leading to the bed, which was also nearly covered with petals.

In one corner of the room there was a Jacuzzi, as well as the usual desk and chair, sofa and television in the opposite corner. At the foot of the bed there was a room service cart with a bottle of sparkling grape juice chilling in an ice bucket, a large bowl full of strawberries and a smaller bowl full of whipped cream.

Rather than answering an obvious question, Adam moved across the room and sat at the foot of the bed and slipping out of his shoes. He reached over to turn on a CD player on the night stand, which Cat was fairly certain did not come standard with the room.

“Did you steal Trine’s CD player?” She asked.

“Borrowed.” He corrected her with a smile. “What music would you like me to put on?” He asked her, and she shrugged as she walked slowly around the room, taking it all in.

“I don’t care as long as it’s not you guys.” She told him, and he shot her a rather surprised look. “I really don’t need Bono’s voice in here with us tonight, do you?” she asked, and he had to laugh and agree with her on that point. She was slightly surprised at the R&B music that wafted out of the speakers a moment later, but the sensual rhythm of the song was quite perfect for the setting.

*Ahem!* if the ending to that segment seemed a bit abrupt I apologize… once more my imagination went a little wild and I had to edit/censor my chapter before it was suitable for all audiences. Nothing that is particularly necessary to the story was taken out, just romantic clap trap.

“Here come the newlyweds now.” Bono announced, clapping his hands together and smiling at them as they approached the group waiting at the airport. Edge smiled at them, looking away in a way that made him seem almost shy. Trine rolled her eyes at them, but she was smiling and though she tried hard to act disinterested she kept stealing glances at the two of them.

“Are we ready now?” Larry asked, lifting his carry on bag and draping it over his shoulder.

“Sorry we’re late.” Adam told them, still clutching Cat’s hand possessively.

“Not only do we understand, but we expected it.” Bono told him with a grin that made Cat blush. “That’s why we told you to meet us half an hour earlier than you really needed to be here.” He informed them, wrapping a playful arm around Adam’s shoulder and making his friend smile despite his best effort to look annoyed.

It wasn’t a long flight, in fact they could easily have driven to LA if they had been so inclined. They all thought perhaps they should have when they were greeted at the airport by a pack of ravening journalists all asking questions at once.

“Bono, how does it feel to know the man who was attacking you is dead?”

“Will you be rescheduling the shows you had to cancel?”

“Will the affect the release date of the new album?”

“Larry, how are you and the other members dealing with the danger being associated with Bono put you in?”

“Adam, is it true that you made a stop in Las Vegas to get married?”

“Is it true you’re adopting Catalina’s daughter?”

“Edge, we had reports that you saved several young children during the bomb scare in Chicago, can you confirm this?”

“Is it true you quit your band in order to marry Adam?” They were all shouting at once, directing their questions at the various members of the band or Cat.

“Back off, back off people.” John was saying getting in between the reporters and the band protectively.

“Those are some very interesting questions.” Cat whispered to Adam, laughing at the suggestion Trine was her daughter, not Adam’s.

“We intend to speak to the press later today. Give us some time to get settled.” Bono told them.

They continued to press against the bodyguards and shout questions as the group tried to move through the airport in peace. The ones about the wedding seemed to be the most prevalent, and Adam quipped,

“I’m surprised you don’t have copies of the wedding pictures already.” Which of course set them into a fit of excitement, taking this as a confirmation of their marriage.

“Or of the honeymoon video.” Cat joked, intending the playful comment only for Adam but being heard despite the noise of the terminal. As the reporters re-directed their line of questioning, she slapped a hand to her forehead. “Oh, geez! I guess I must like the taste of my feet, the way I keep putting them in my mouth.”

Adam smirked at her his eyes shining. She could tell he didn’t particularly mind people speculating wildly about their private life. They all pressed on, telling the reporters they’d talk later, and relieved immensely when they stepped out of the crowded airport into the noise of Los Angeles.

“Where are we again?” Cat asked, smiling brightly at Adam when he told her for the third time they were in ‘Loss Ainguhleeze’. He eyed her with playful irritation as she laughed slightly, entertained greatly by the way he pronounced the name of the city.

Larry was in a particularly sour mood, hurrying ahead of the others toward the cars they had waiting to take them to their hotel. He was in such a rush that when a woman stepped out of a door, directly into his path, there was no way to avoid crashing into her. They both fell flat onto the pavement, tangled up in each others legs and the harness of the dog which had been with her.

As Larry struggled to free himself from the mess and regain his cool, he was stammering at her,

“I am so sorry, are you ok?” His heart sank even lower as he realized the dog was not just a dog, but a guide dog. The woman was blind, and he had knocked her clean off her feet. “Oh, oh God…” He muttered, grabbing her hand and helping her quickly to her feet.

“I’m ok, I’m ok!” She was telling him, her voice light and amused. She reached out and patted her small hand on his chest as she said this, her voice fading slightly as she patted perhaps one more time than absolutely necessary.

“I can’t believe I did that.” Larry was telling her, and she laughed, running a hand through her nearly white blonde hair. She straightened her sunglasses and held out her hand.

“I’m Jolie Brooks, and you are?” She asked. He stared at her for a moment, stunned silent by not only her cool, collected reaction but by the smooth angular lines of her pretty face. She looked like a china doll, with her high cheekbones and tiny, pert mouth. Her light blonde hair was straight and cut at one length, just above her shoulders. Absently, he took her hand and shook it. She had a firm grip, and long slender fingers.

“Larry Mullen Jr.” He muttered, still reeling from the shock of the past few moments.

“Well, Larry, I’m just fine, thank you. I’m sorry about that, Madden should have warned me you were coming through.” She said, leaning to one side and patting the German Shepherd on top of the head.

“I was moving too fast, should’ve been watching where I was going.” He told her, rubbing the back of his neck, his other hand shoved into his pocket. “Should you be alone?” he asked, wincing as soon as the words were out of his mouth. He had been genuinely concerned for her, but he came off sounding judgmental.

“Actually, I;m not. My personal assistant was just getting the bags, I was supposed to meet her here.” She informed him, not the least bit offended. She paused for a moment, considering her next question, finally deciding to just go for it. “Would you like to wait with me?” She asked, and Larry glanced around at the others as they gathered at the cars, looking back at him and wondering if they should come over and help. His face reddened as he realized they had witnessed the entire embarrassing scene.

“Yeah. Of course.” He agreed, and was about to ask what her assistant looked like when he caught himself, a fact which he was thankful for.

“So, Larry Mullen Jr.…. what do you do? I mean, when you aren’t guarding helpless blind women at an overcrowded airport.” She asked, always facing straight ahead rather than turning to face him. He didn’t mind, because he thought she had a beautiful profile. He could stare at her without worrying about being rude.

“Uh… I’m a musician.” He responded with deliberate vagueness.

“No! Really?” She asked, her smile brightening even further. “So am I!” she told him.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yes, really. What do you play?”

“Drooms.” He told her neither proud nor modest, simply matter of fact.

“Oh, a percussionist. The bad boy of the music circuit.” She smiled and nudged his shoulder playfully. He laughed slightly, thinking he had never heard that one before. Most people thought that of the lead singer or guitarist. “Who are you playing with?”

“What? Oh, I’m with U2.”

“You… oh, you’re a ROCK musician.” She said, surprise clear on her face.

“What did you think I was?” He asked, bewildered.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean ‘rock’ to sound like a dirty word… it’s just when someone says musician, I immediately think orchestral.” She explained.

“So you’re a classical musician?” He asked, feeling a bit like a heathen in an ornate temple. He didn’t really consider himself to be a professional drummer. It was what he did, but not really his job. Certainly not a form of fine art, and everything about this lady was a form of fine art.

“Mmmm. A pianist.” She told him.

“Jolie!” A mousy woman called as she hurried toward them, her face full of concern for her friend. Larry scowled at the woman, thinking she suspected he meant to harm Jolie in some way.

“Tessa.” Jolie greeted the woman calmly. Jolie’s assistant was of a larger build than Jolie, with mousy brown hair tied back in a knot at the nape of her neck. Her dark green eyes were muted by the wire framed glasses she wore, and she carried herself nervously as if constantly ready for someone to attack.

“Larry, this is my assistant, Tessa Devero. Tessa, this is Larry Mullen.” She introduced them quickly. “Larry was kind enough to wait for you with me.” She said, and Tessa smiled at the thought. She was glad Jolie couldn’t see her roll her eyes. Jolie had a knack for picking up a man everywhere she went. Even though she never meant to.

“Nice to meet you.” She told him politely, and he muttered something equally bland in greeting. “Jolie, I have a cab waiting over here.” She informed her boss and old friend.

“It was nice to meet you, Larry.” Jolie called over one shoulder as she, Tessa and Madden hustled away to the waiting cab. Larry’s thoughts were interrupted by a sharp whistle.

“Hey, Lardence, you coming with us or did you decide you wanted to live at the airport?” Bono called from the window of the towncar he was waiting in. Larry glanced back at the mysterious beauty before joining his mates.

Sad_girl I have been catching up on your story from I have been away.. and I absolutely love it.. do you mind if I copy and paste it on to a word pad and keep it all to read on my comp?

annj said:
Sad_girl I have been catching up on your story from I have been away.. and I absolutely love it.. do you mind if I copy and paste it on to a word pad and keep it all to read on my comp?

I don't mind at all, as a matter of fact, I'm very flattered that you like it. :)

Aaaah...stupid censors... I wish there was a wedding night scene... :( Poor Larry! Running over a blind woman! :bump: Can't wait to see what happens next! Keep up the good work! :applaud:

Eeeek, there has to be an uncensored version that you can email those asking, right? *huge cheesy grin* Anyway, I love this story. :heart:

Elsie said:
Eeeek, there has to be an uncensored version that you can email those asking, right? *huge cheesy grin* Anyway, I love this story. :heart:

I do have my complete chapter, and for those of you who like the smutty romance scenes as much as I do (Providing you are of age and not easily offended by such things) I would definitely be willing to share.

If you want to request it send me an e-mail (LWpic @ Yahoo . com) or leave your address here for me

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

I do have my complete chapter, and for those of you who like the smutty romance scenes as much as I do (Providing you are of age and not easily offended by such things) I would definitely be willing to share.

If you want to request it send me an e-mail (LWpic @ Yahoo . com) or leave your address here for me

Oh haha, I emailed you but didn't tell you who I was. That weird purplesparkyspecs person is me :) Thanks again!

Elsie said:

Oh haha, I emailed you but didn't tell you who I was. That weird purplesparkyspecs person is me :) Thanks again!

I don't think I actually got your e-mail, so if you don't already have the chapter in your inbox, try again, ok? LWpic@yahoo (don't forget to add the .com of course!)

Last edited:
just read the unedited version and... all i can say is, WOW. :combust:

thank you for sharing your fantastic writing ability with all of us, Sad Girl! :up: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom