Your Body...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Ugh. I'm feeling large and sluggish today. Last summer I biked twice a day, 10 miles each. But this summer working longer every day than last summer makes it impossible. I keep gaining weight, not that I worry, I just wish I could be how I used to be when I was in shape. My six-pack is gone :(. I'm thinking of a way to feel good. So everyone say their favorite part of their body:

* my shoulders. They're not too skinny and sunken, just nicely curved and still slightly muscular from gymnastics/moving computers/lifting babies. They usually are the darkest part of my body. I like them.

hmm...*starts things up*

i guess i like my eyes. they're not all big or anything, but i like that they're green (-ish). my one sister and dad have blue eyes, my brother, other sister, and mom have hazel eyes. plus half the world around me has blue eyes...i don't know...nothing big.

*edit* ok, i SWEAR...i opened this thread an HOUR ago but got distracted with my journal and talking to a couple of people...so really this reply took an hour. O_O...who knew?

Last edited:
oh THIS can of worms ... yeaahhhh ....

*arrogant with a martini* oh what's NOT fabulous on me!?

*laughs so hard she falls off her barstool and onto her oddly shaped ass moulded to a shape of an office chair from her many years of internet U2 fandom.*

Yes. Technically, BONO is responsible for the woeful shape of my ass. DAMN YOU BONO!!!! :mad:

What's my favorite body part? :reject:

I'd say my eyes but ... I'd classify that more like as a FACE part. So ... oh god this is so fun, fun like trying on a bikini under flourescent lights, fun. I just try NOT to think of myself from the neck down usually, so I hope you appriciate the psychological trauma involved in answering this post.

Now my answer is gonna be really anticlimatic.

I like myyyyyyy ... ahh f*ck it, I have a great rack. WOO HOO FOR BOOBS.

I'd say my arms. They're the right shape, the right size, the right colour ... I quite like my eyelashes too! They're nice and long, very dark ... I never need to wear mascara. The only problem is that I have to wear glasses, so they're a bit hidden!

LMAO @ Bluey :)

As one of the few people here who has given birth, I look at this one a little differently;) It's certainly NOT my stomach :laugh:

I love my hair. I've been told I have a nice butt. :ohmy:

My feet, they're not too wide or too narrow, my toes are good-sized (ie my second toe isn't longer than my first) and I have a high arch. I get pedicures every two weeks and love it!!!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

FJ, your hair! say your hair!!! I love it! *green with envy* :|

:huh: Yeah, you would... you're not the one who has to get up one hour earlier than normal every day for work just to get it to look decent. But still... thanks! :sexywink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I hate my body-also my nose, my hair, and many other things :|

Nah... If you're as pretty as you are nice, I'm sure you must be gorgeous! :yes:

um, I like my eyebrows:sigh: Does that count? I have really nice arched eyebrows, i get a lot of compliments on them and I like my hair, its long and thick. Unfortunately im not to crazy about my body.

I like my hair and my hands and feet, even though my second toe is longer than the big one :lol: I don't care i still think their cute, i have small bones so my hands and feet are quite dainty.

My eyes. They're a nice shade of blue. Definitely not my right foot, since I've torn ligaments in that ankle about a million times.

flaming june said:

:huh: Yeah, you would... you're not the one who has to get up one hour earlier than normal every day for work just to get it to look decent. But still... thanks! :sexywink:

Hmm, you raise a good point. I have this just-off-the-shoulder length ratty brown hair that's pretty thin and straight. I HATE wearing it down because I rarely even brush it (the conditioner in the shower makes it smooth, it's that thin) so for the past three weeks I've had a set of 7 braids in front that make the ponytail a bit more interesting. I'm taking them out and re-braiding them tonight. I wish I could dye it deep brown, but I've heard that it would turn nasty colors because I'm in the sun so much.

Last edited:
I'd say my eyes and hair.

My hair stylist turned me on to this GREAT hair product called Light Elements Smoothing Fluid by Aveda. OMG, that stuff is gold! :love: It makes my hair so soft and so managable ... I don't think I could ever live without it now. I used to wear my hair in a ponytail a lot because it seemed so unmanagable when I wore it down, but not since I've been using this stuff. It's pricey at $23 for a 3.4 oz bottle, but you only use a few squirts a day and my little bottle has lasted for months already and it's nowhere near being empty yet.

flaming june said:

Nah... If you're as pretty as you are nice, I'm sure you must be gorgeous! :yes:

:eek:

Nah, don't think so :wink:, but thank you so much for your very sweet compliment flaming june :hug:

You are just as pretty as you are nice :) I think Bono thought so too :sexywink:

Thanks for the tip in the Aveda product erised-but I sometimes buy products that my hairdresser recommends, and they don't work like they do when she uses them. I think it's all in the blowdrying, and I just can't do that the way she does. I'm very blowdry challenged :D

erised said:
I'd say my eyes and hair.

My hair stylist turned me on to this GREAT hair product called Light Elements Smoothing Fluid by Aveda. OMG, that stuff is gold! :love: It makes my hair so soft and so managable ... I don't think I could ever live without it now. I used to wear my hair in a ponytail a lot because it seemed so unmanagable when I wore it down, but not since I've been using this stuff. It's pricey at $23 for a 3.4 oz bottle, but you only use a few squirts a day and my little bottle has lasted for months already and it's nowhere near being empty yet.

I'll have to remember that.

ok, scratch the eyes thing...i've changed my mind. my eyes are ok, but the thing i like the most is my teeth. and no, i wasn't born this way. i went from having the biggest gaps to pretty much perfect teeth and it only took over 7 years of pain, suffering, and orthadontics bills.

that's right, folks...the "before" picture...i was definately 8 years old. the after picture...i was definately 15. i went through phase 1 and phase 2. braces twice, expander, herbst appliance, eureka springs, mini, and now all i have is a permenent retainer glued to the backs of my front teeth, top and bottom. i had a metal mouth for so long i had BOTH the old AND new technology for fixing an overbite: herbst and eureka. the orthodontist decided i wasn't losing my baby teeth fast enough (even though i didn't start losing them til 3rd grade) so he had the dentist pull 5 teeth on one side of my mouth...on the same day. my teeth are priceless. if these babies ever get knocked out, heads will roll...don't even doubt me!

Last edited:
:happy: Hey, I hadn't even thought about my teeth... I thankfully never had to wear braces and they look pretty good.

Thanks MrsSpringsteen... :wink:

Oooh, and Erised, I'll have to look out for that product. And you do have very pretty hair!

Back
Top Bottom