Your assignment...should you choose to accept it....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd hate to have to be a security guy during a U2 show...I see them scrambling after him, holding onto him by the belt of his pants, watching with bated breath as he scampers up a lighting pole or to the balconey, catching him as he turns his back to the crowd and falls backwards...

1jkwhx

1jkwmc

1jkwpd

TheLeap2.gif

:yikes: but I love him for it :up:

Good grief, can you imagine being Bono's security guard? No, I'm not interested! I do hope this works out. I need a good show in July. I just finished a painting, influenced by Turkish prayer rugs and Arabian calligraphy designs. I love the way Muslim artists use abstract imagery as I am an abstract artist myself. I'm going to do another one loosely modeled on Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", the things I'll be kicking in the streets represent the people I thought were my friends but have screwed me big time. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Your latest picture sounds interesting. Will you be putting on your site? I really like your work, by the way. (And don't let the bastards grind you down, as a great man once said.)

Yeah, I'll eventually get it on my site. We have to photograph it, download it, then I'll have a bit of a struggle getting it on the page but it'll get there. Meanwhile thank God I'm going to a medieval re-enactment thing tomorrow, that'll help me get my mind off of all of this presale :censored:. Man, it's too hot in this kitchen right now. One of my dearest friends from the group called me about this and some other business. I need to get my mind off of this :censored:. Thus far it's been such a heartbreaker. :sad: :sad: I'm so tired of being depressed I could scream. I'm thinking of starting a thread in LS called "ask the Aspie", a reference to those of us with Asperger's Syndrome, which has been called "a touch of autism".

Last edited:
I've been through periods of severe depression as well, so that even getting out of bed was impossible. I really feel for you.
You're absolutely right, a change in activities will do you a lot of good.
Please let us know when you get your new picture posted. I'd love to see it. Do you sell your pictures?
Edited to add: Ask an Aspie sounds like fun, and empowering for you as well.

Last edited:
Yes, I sell pictures. I've always just put the pix on my site because I don't want to use Interference or any other U2 site to promote my art career. The mods must hate stuff like this, and these days particularly I can only imagine the hell it must be being a mod on a big U2 list. They don't need any more headaches. But I'll take the unprecentended step of posting my e-mail addy here. I do not want any e-mails from nasties, I'll block your f:censored:g notes. Outlook Express has a "blocked sender" option. I'll talk art, not the presale :censored:. I had nothing to do with that, I don't know why I should have to take s:censored:t over that. Yes, I'm mad as hell about these nasties. They really did screw me. They screwed up my U2 fandom as I knew it, and you'd better believe I'm pissed off big time. I don't know what I did to deserve these blues. It's not fair. I'm being penalized for something that happened when I wasn't even on my f:censored:g computer, let alone screwing anyone. And if someone doesn't know how to accept an apology from Larry, I'm sorry, may I recommend a shrink? I mean, hell, not only did I not get a ticket from the first leg (all of the dates were too far away), I'm highly unlikely to get one at all due to them being out of my price range. What the heck? I'm not a tsunami victim, I'm not an AIDS orphan or victim. There are plenty of things worse than not getting a f:censored:g concert ticket.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I'd hate to have to be a security guy during a U2 show...I see them scrambling after him, holding onto him by the belt of his pants . . catching him as he turns his back to the crowd and falls backwards...
1jkwhx

. . . and you would hate this why? :evil:

:wink:

starsgoblue said:
Laughs at U2Granny's subsequent pic.

I'd hate it because I'd be scared I'd drop the little fella...then again I could kiss his booboos and make him feel better if he did take a tumble. :laugh:

Yes, wouldn't that be heavenly!

Glad you managed to figure out what the heck I was trying to say! :laugh:

Remeber how people wre saying instead of the same message, having something common among the signs...what about something like
"This sign approved by PLEBA" at the bottom of all signs?
or maybe just "PLEBA approved"
Surely they would notice if they kept seeing signs that said that......:eyebrow:

If U2 comes to Dallas and I take my daughter, I think I will get her a t-shirt that says "BONOfied fan "
Or is that too corny?:reject:

starsgoblue said:
I'd hate to have to be a security guy during a U2 show...I see them scrambling after him, holding onto him by the belt of his pants, watching with bated breath as he scampers up a lighting pole or to the balconey, catching him as he turns his back to the crowd and falls backwards...

Sounds vaguely like watching a toddler at the playground..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom