Your All Time Favourite Photo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute Bono protecting his tree! I know there were alot of fans who would try to find it, so I hoped it didn't get killed by too much fan adoration, not on purpose or anything.... but I think it just died.... I really can't remember anymore.... Maybe I will find another that looks alot like it and get some pics.... I think that would be fun. :)

Sorry about this pic..... but I do love it.... I think it's hilarious! :lol:

bwu2conanpic.jpg

G'nite gluey!!! I hope we find that pic! :wave:

and goodnite slopsy! I ought to go get some sleep now!!!

It's been fun! :)

gluey said:
shatresized1dz.jpg

The hat Bono wore onstage during Zoo TV November 1993, Auckland, New Zealand.

Just wish I could remember what song it was for, Lemon keeps coming to mind. I was lucky enough to be in the ellipse and saw it happen, just didn't realise it was my friends hat!!

There is meant to be another little black strap/band that goes across the front, under the check bit but my 3yr old son decided he didn't like it there....:no:

Looks like something from Zoo Station to me! :wink:

Isn't that a great hat? It would sure be nice to find gluey a pic of him wearing it. BTW gluey what sort of hat is it? (The insignia etc...)

bonocomet said:
Cute Bono protecting his tree! I know there were alot of fans who would try to find it, so I hoped it didn't get killed by too much fan adoration, not on purpose or anything.... but I think it just died.... I really can't remember anymore.... Maybe I will find another that looks alot like it and get some pics.... I think that would be fun. :)

Sorry about this pic..... but I do love it.... I think it's hilarious! :lol:

bwu2conanpic.jpg

Please, do not tell me this is a glimpse into the future!!!:scream:

bonocomet said:
Isn't that a great hat? It would sure be nice to find gluey a pic of him wearing it. BTW gluey what sort of hat is it? (The insignia etc...)

It is an official New Zealand Police hat. My friend was a constable on additional security around the stage. She had her back to the ellipse, watching the crowd when he bent down and swiped it off the top of her head!!! When he finally gave it back to her, she had to hold on tight to it and try and shove it down her shirt as the crowd were going wild trying to grab it off her!!

Sadly there were no hairs, sweat or other Bono bits in there....

AND.... I am desperate to find a pic of him wearing it. We wrote to the promotors etc at the time to see if we could get a tape of it - with all the ZooTV cameras there we were hopefull there may be a recording, but unfortunately they had only recorded the Sydney concert. The concert that got worn for was Auckland, New Zealand, 1993. I was there in the ellipse and saw it happen, I just didn't realise at the time it was my friends hat!! I'll love her forever for giving it to me!!

Last edited:
Funny thing is that to this day I don't think she gets my excitement over her old hat!!! I have started a new thread now about the hat and any pics of it in the hope of finding something....fingers crossed!!!!

Back
Top Bottom