Young girl, get outta my life....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay if you know the lyrics to THAT song, you're really old! :) Just kidding....but I do have a question....a churnin, burnin, yearnin question.

The guys of U2 are now all in their 40s. They've been around for like, 25 years. Sure, they're studly, hot, manly rockers.....but WTF is the deal with all you YOUNG CHICKIES lusting after LEBA when they are old enough to be your daddies??? (or maybe just your older brothers) I'm not trying to be rude, I really do want to know, cos I just don't get it. :huh:

Even moreso, I want to kno why it seems there aren't MORE, um..."mature" U2 fans running around out there???

Since I haven't been youngish for....awhile...give me some REAL reasons...not just "OMG they're SO HOT!!" :tongue:

and I sort of agree with Gypsy about starting a forum for more *ahem* mature U2 fans! :)

oh no, not this question again! check out the other thread about this- that's where all the answers are..not sure where..i'm just guessing it's hormones...lol dunno :) But I mean, lots of fans have their mature side- i know i really appreciate their music..but this IS Pleba- and this IS where we talk about the band..and it IS home to alot of girls..so...yeah..:scratch:

GAH! did I miss the other thread??? do you have the link??

D'OH!!! :ohmy:

I'm always a day late, a dollar short, and a quart low....

Jam Jar said:
oh no, not this question again! check out the other thread about this- that's where all the answers are

hey disco...is that quote in your sig from a liz phair song? that goes something like "i asked henry, my bartending friend..."

it's cool!

"you're lucky to even know me/you're lucky to be alive"
"you're lucky to be drinking here for free because i'm a sucker for your lucky green eyes..."

am i right???? HUH? HUH? HUUUH???

i'm mature all day long at work and in class and blah blah...... when i come home i want to get online and get on PLEBA and act like a completely silly horndog and blab on and on about edge (and bono to an extent) is this so terrible?

PLEBA was made to stimulate immaturity! if you want to be mature then go to one of the other sections of interference. :)

that wasn't meant to be rude btw. hope it didn't sound rude.

Discotheque, are you for real? :eeklaugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, what femaleorgazmatron said...

Last edited:
*sings* My love for you is way out of line...

Hah! I DO know the words to that song ;)

Discoteque said:
The guys of U2 are now all in their 40s. They've been around for like, 25 years. Sure, they're studly, hot, manly rockers.....but WTF is the deal with all you YOUNG CHICKIES lusting after LEBA when they are old enough to be your daddies??? (or maybe just your older brothers) I'm not trying to be rude, I really do want to know, cos I just don't get it. :huh:

I know I'm not as young as some people on the board...but I think I'm young enough to answer this question...

I've always been really mature for my age. As in, at 15 I felt like I truly belonged in a body somewhere around my mom's age. So I've always been attracted to older people in general. They were just more of where I was in my life than the other kids my "age". I still feel that way! As strange as this may sound, I feel closer to the men of U2 because they are closer to the age I feel mentally. In a way, I've always felt closer to the older people in my life because I felt that they could understand more of where I REALLY was in my life. I guess it's that way with U2. I feel attracted to them (in a non-sexual way) because they express what I feel when the people I'm around constantly seem so immature.

As for being attracted to them in other ways, can I help it that they are sexy rock stars? ;) lol... Seriously, for me, attraction has a lot to do with how a person makes me feel mentally...and with U2 I feel like I'm on their level, so it's not really an issue. Don't get me wrong...I probably will never date someone so much older than me...unless of course his name is Bono, Adam, Larry, or Edge ;)

Sorry for the rambling...

im in my mid twenties and i have always found older men attractive but i am also really attracted to men my own age too. it's not a matter of age to me....it's a matter of looks to an extent, personality, attitude and stuff like that. if a man has the qualities that i like than age doesn't really matter(with the exception of younger guys cause more than 2 yrs younger than me and you get into a lot of immaturity which to me is a big turnoff).

the guys in u2 aren't the only older men that i think are attractive and interesting....other older men that i find attractive are russell crowe, harrison ford, george clooney, etc, etc, etc.......

and alot of the people on here... my self included being that im 17yrs younger than larry (being the youngest)...... im guessing just think that they are very attractive men but i don't think that alot of them would seriously date a 40 yr old man...not that that is a bad thing mond you..... but you get my point.

who knows....maybe i would......it's never been an issue in my life. the oldest person i ever dated was only 7 years older than me so i really know didily shit about dating older men.

that being said...i'm going to shut up now. :cool:

I think I'm naturally attracted to older men. I'm sure it's not a good thing. :eyebrow: :D

Like tonight, I was watching The Rock on tv and the whole time I'm thinking 'man, Ed Harris is hot. I want to get on that.' Practically all the celebs I'm attracted to are 30+. (The exception being Prince William. :drool: ) It's a very bad sign.

madonna's child said:
Like tonight, I was watching The Rock on tv and the whole time I'm thinking 'man, Ed Harris is hot.

ROFL!!!

I have something more to add...

It's not necessarily that I'm physically ATTRACTED to older men...I just find them more INTRIGUING...they have more life experience and therefore more to talk about...

Age doesn't matter to me. Age has nothing to do with it.

Beautiful hearts, beautiful minds...personality speaks volumes.

Ah yes, the one "whose name we dare not speak." LOL Jam Jar...did we ever find out how old *that person* is? I'm just curious.

Hipster - you worry me girl. You actually *know* the lyrics to that Gary Puckett song, OY. You ARE a hippy chick! :)

F. June - yes ma'am. FREAL. As Moaner has been known to say.

Gypsy - heck yeah! Old people rule!!! Woo hoo! Ehm...Did I say "old"??? I meant um....no, not old, no no, that's precisely NOT what I meant, I meant um...aged...like fine wine...er, maybe ripened, like a good cheese??? Well, either way, I may have a few years on summa these gals, but I still say the boys are HOT HOT HOT!!! :heart::bono::edge::larry::adam::heart:

Elizabeth - y'got me hangin. I never heard who the singer was or the song title, so you may be right! I just heard that line and thought about our lovely green-eyed Edgie, of course! *swoon*

It's so funny how many people here have said they've always liked older men because I feel the same way. Ever since I was in junior high I've had very little patience for guys my own age, it just seemed to me like that line from "Clueless" about high schools guys: "They're like dogs, you have to feed them and clean them and they jump up and slobber all over you" (may not be exact, but it's close). I've just felt like guys my own age are too much work, like they still need moms or something and I'm really not interested in serving that function to anyone right now.

On to U2, I said this somewhere in Interference before, but I first developed my crush on Bono when I was about 10 or so mainly because he was Irish. I know that sounds a little dumb but I've been raised to believe (and rightly so ;)) that anything Irish is just better, and here's this talented, sensitive, gorgeous, quintisential Irish man, so of course I'm going to dig him! And now that I have this Edge infatuation, it still fits because he and Bono just are "my type" -- creative, intelligent, dark hair, light eyes, etc. etc.

I think people develop crushes on celebrities as a way of establishing and pinpointing what it is they do and don't like in potential mates, both physical and personality traits. Age doesn't always have to be a consideration, there are plenty of people who have crushes on Elvis or James Dean, there's just something about that person you connect to. I try not to think that someone is 10 or more years older than I am because I see them as the great whatever (singer, actor, writer) with the beautiful eyes and killer smile, and I know the chances of me hooking up with that person are slim to none, so the age thing will probably never come up in real life anyway.

yeah it is a little strange that they're so much older than me (I'm 19). In real life I'm sure I'd never date a 40 year old man, and unlike most people here I'm usually not attracted to older men, I go for men my own age. Larry's really the only older man I'm into, and IMO he doesn't look 40 :D

Discoteque said:

Gypsy - heck yeah! Old people rule!!! Woo hoo! Ehm...Did I say "old"??? I meant um....no, not old, no no, that's precisely NOT what I meant, I meant um...aged...like fine wine...er, maybe ripened, like a good cheese??? Well, either way, I may have a few years on summa these gals, but I still say the boys are HOT HOT HOT!!! :heart::bono::edge::larry::adam::heart:

:yes: :up:

Well we knew that before some of 'em was even born, dearie!We'll be in Heaven with them long before the young whippersnappers LOL;)

Young girl get outta my mind...my love fer you is way outta line

BETTER RUN, GIRL! YOU'RE MUCH TOO YOUNG, GIRL!

I seriously know that song. And I am but a baby. I know the tune though........

OK I forget what the question was now. But I think it was about.....ok hold on

1. I know Disco inquires with great innocence

I ANSWER WITHOUT GREAT INNOCENCE :mac:

No, um.....

OK Listen I've been sick fer a few days. I haven't really eaten. BEAR WITH ME. I cried during "Bridget Jones' Diary" yesterday
:mad: oh that cocky Hugh Grant! ok anyway.

I think.....the thing is.......I dunno.

I'm quite partial to Bono

*SHOCK* *APPALL*

and..um.................... I dunno what it is.

I mean physically he's not put together too poorly IFYOUKNOWWHATIMEANANDITHINKYOUDO

I've always gotten along better with people either older than me or younger than me. All 4 years of high school I always got along better with teachers bc a lot of the girls were annoying, worrying about trivial things. Now I'm not saying I'm better or worse than anyone.....but I got tired of high school problems REALLY easily.
And then.........Like Senior year I started tutoring this Freshman (((FELIS))) and we really hit it off SUPER well and really bonded. And I'd hang out with her a lot and eat lunch with her and her friends a couple times a week (THE FRESHMEN THOUGHT I WAS SO FRIGGIN' COOL!!)

OK What the crap was the question. I feel like I don't know how to answer it. Well Bono's someone to look up to. And that's been kind of a really important thing to me in any friendship

(bc Bono and I are so tight....*sigh*....)

it's aboot respect in a way...... if yer friends with someone and don't respect them, then it completely devalues the relationship.

FOR EXAMPLE ALSO Senior year my bestest friend did something that made me lose ALL respect for her. I really tried not to, considering I wanted to be a good friend and all, but I let go of that relationship and I think it's been a relief to, eventually, bc now I don't have to--

WTF AM I TALKING ABOUT.

I think my orange juice fermented.

OK Bono's hot and I respect him o_O And I want to be his special friend.

In terms of the opposite sex I've never actually been in a real relationship (unless you count 7th and 8th grade.......who invented middle school slow dancing anyway....) BUT ANYWAY I think it's more about who you identify with. Of the members of the U2 gender I have met my own age it's either like they're WEIRD or...........weirder......boys are weird....... not all boys.... but

OK MORE HIGH SCHOOL STORIES

across the street from my high school is an ALLBOYS school--

I was thinking for the next music video we could film it in an allgirls school.

Wouldn't tall girls make us look very short?

No, ALL girls

OH. All girls would make us look very...... male.....

ok anyway so boys would randomly come by after school and I'm like WHAT THE CRAP. Most of these boys don't respect anyone...... how can anyone see anything in them.....

I think it's about maturity.

Maybe it's just bc Bono's hot.

MAYBE I'M AN OLD LADY.

Maybe my juice really did ferment.

OK I just heard my hot water explode in the microwave...... Jesus Bacon......

please ignore ill Mona's rants.....I don't think I ever came to a conclusion.........

And THAT my friends is what I have to deal with on a nightly basis...

Mona...PUT THE JUICE DOWN...BACK AWAY FROM THE JUICE...

Sheesh...you're scarin' the PLEBAn's...

LOL

Poor University of MD...they have NO IDEA what they are in for...

*somewhere a hot college prof cringes*

:wink:

*CRASH*

LMAO WHAT AM I ON AND WHEN DO I GET OFF??????

LOL It's all good though

I ATE today o_O

Fishy dood I'm losing weight from not eating. CURSE ILLNESS.

NOWINEEDANEWWARDROBE o_O LOL WHAT SIZE AM I

ok I'm fine......

what thread is this............

334%3A942323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A87%3D727%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C5676589ot1lsi

Well, I'm in the same age bracket as Bono and I think it's great that there are a lot of younger people interested in U2...even "lusting" after them...it's just a rock n roll fan thing to do you know! If you look around at a U2 concert, the fans vary in age greatly, in fact they vary in fashion, belief systems and just about everything. My son was raised on U2...he is 22 and still loves U2...I think there may be a lot of younger fans out there who were initially turned on to U2 by the parents!

Why am i attracted to older guys? lets see..

ok, my boyfriend, Rob, is 11 years older than i am. What i find attractive about him is that he posseses the kind of knowledge,maturity and consideration that most younger guys do not have. I was never attracted to guys my age, and the only time that i did have a relationship with one,he ended up hurting me something awful.I think that's why i find the guys in u2 attractive, not only physically but intellectually and spiritually as well.they are very well educated men, and that shows in their music and in their lives as public figures as well. Bono's a perfect example, tell me...what young guy wuld have the dedication to bring up important worldwide issues like he does?

Experience and maturity are a big turn on! and besides..Larry's a hottie anyways!!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom