Young Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see the pics, but if there are any other than the classic baby pic and the one of the family at the beach I'd be surprised. Bono said in a recent interview about Peter and the Wolf that until his teen years he looked 'like a baked bean', thus his character of Baked Bean Boy in Peter and the Wolf. Though I'm sure most of us would disagree and think he was adorable, Bono seems self conscious and embarrassed of the pics and has probably taken steps to ensure they never appear online.

You have to be a member to see yahoogroups pics. Sure we could all join just to see this link, or you could just save us the time and please tell us: are there any pics of him as a kid there other than the family at the beach one and the big eyed black and white baby pic? I would be shocked if there were, but please tell us.

Actually I remember that there was a pic of him at a classroom desk,a pic with his parents and brother at the beach,a pic on a bicycle.I can't remember any other significant kid pic.
There's a really cool pic of him in an underwear that's autographed too except it's not really a kid pic.He's probably 19 or 20 in that one.

Oh yeah I thought it would be that beach pic. That is as far as I know the ONLY pic of Bono between babyhood and high school available to us. The school desk and the bike pic, I know exactly what you're talking about, (in front of his house, his legs spread out and his mouth open, right?) and they are high school age as well.

You're right.
I wonder why he was so secretive about his childhood.
They couldn't be that bad considering what a cute baby he was.

mayflower said:
You're right.
I wonder why he was so secretive about his childhood.
They couldn't be that bad considering what a cute baby he was.

Probaby pretty painful considering his mother died when he was only 14 and he lived with his father and brother in the same house and never spoke to one another. It sounds like his father wasn't abusive or anything but Bono said he never said he loved him or was proud of him or anything:sad: I am sure there must be alot of pent up anger, frustration and sadness.....

But what impact could that have on his pictures?
Especially during the period when his mother was still alive?
You mean he doesn't have any photos from that period?

I'm sure he has dozens of pics from that time, and he keeps them in a family album for his kids and he and Guggi reminisce a lot. But he doesn't want them to spread to the public and he doesn't want us to put them online and post them and that is his right and business as much as I'd like to see them.

I guess your notion seems to be the most possibly correct one.
Though it would really be nice to see more.

Back
Top Bottom