you would never believe what happened to me because of Bono! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:07 AM
you would never believe what happened to me because of Bono!

okay, the stupidest thing happened to me today at work and it is totally bonos fault....sorta...maybe mine...well okay this is what happened!

i do landscaping so i was trying to stim this stupid bush that was really big and it was on the edge of this steep hill. so i am chopping pieces of it off from way up high. meanwhile i am listening to achtung baby on my minidisc player. i think it was even better than the real thing. so i got a little distracted. i started thinking about little things like bono and stuff and then my mind wandered to dirtier things like his neck and allathat good stuff. well right about the time i started thinking about what i thought he would smell like i got a little wild with the loppers. i wasnt paying attention and chopped off a BIG hunk of the bush over my head. well it hit me right in the head and knocked me off my balance! before i could do anything i fell down the hill
i rolled through some bushes, hit my poor bum on a tree stump and thought i had broken something for sure! i kept rolling until i landed in the neighbors yard, who just had to be right there! he was staring at me like i was an idiot. duh. like i blamed him! and laying there i clenched my injured backside until i noticed another thing. you see it was a warm day for a change and i was wearing a camisole tanktop. its um, a little too small for my boobs and, well, they both popped out!!!!! i just laughed and reigned them in, then i said hi to the guy and made my way up the hill like nothing had happened! gosh, if i would just stop thinking about the b-man at work i wouldnt have these accidents. this isnt the first time i have hurt myself because i was distracted by thoughts of him. i am always listening to u2 when i work. i think he would get a kick out of that story, though it might make his ego a little bigger!!

Old 05-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:07 AM
aaaaaaaaaahahaha pure gold.

ah the amount of times u2 have made my boobs pop out...

Old 05-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

haha, funny. my boyfriend is pissed now because he told me not to wear that tank top. at least i had bono on the brain when i was publicly exposed!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:07 AM
Re: you would never believe what happened to me because of Bono!

Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
i was wearing a camisole tanktop. its um, a little too small for my boobs and, well, they both popped out!!!!!
Oh my sweet Lord....

Quote:
Originally posted by * MoFo *
ah the amount of times u2 have made my boobs pop out...
Let's hear those stories too....
Old 05-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Quote:
its um, a little too small for my boobs and, well, they both popped out!!!!! i just laughed and reigned them in, then i said hi to the guy and made my way up the hill like nothing had happened!

That's great. So cool that you were so smooth about it. You even said hi!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 03:07 AM
A very funny story U2bonogirl! But honestly, I am glad that you weren't seriously injured.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

LOL! Glad your okay. I have done some stupid stuff because I was distracted by U2, but I think your story wins the prize! BTW, great reaction to the guy who saw it. I would have turned bright red and run away!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:54 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

oh my gosh i was sooo embarrased too! and i think i was injuredm i found a thorn in my butt earlier! it was small but still terrible!! i have seriously almost gotten in lots of traffic accidents because i was fantasizing too. this is really bad. does anybody else have any funny stories??
Old 05-12-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hahaha. Great story.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
does anybody else have any funny stories??

I work in coffee shop, and we are pretty relaxed about music. When I work, I like to bring in my U2 CDs occasionally. Okay, so maybe not just occasionally. Anyway, one time I was just lost in the music during a lull, when a customer came in. I listened to what they wanted, just plain black coffee, doesn't take a lot of thought. So I started to pay attention to the music again. Well, as it turned out, I had just grabbed a sleeve for the cup and not the cup. I ended up getting coffee all over me and burning my hand. I even had to go to an emergancy care center to get my hand treated. Not to mention, the guy is a regular who still constantly teases me about it Luckily, he is a U2 fan and understood somewhat, but still mostly thinks I'm nuts!

Not as good as yours, but it was still a pretty dumb thing to do.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 08:07 AM
that was so funny! I am glad you did not get seriously hurt tho!! the Boobs bit maybe think of the times Bono used to swing gals that had tube tops on-no more!!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:48 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I work in coffee shop, and we are pretty relaxed about music. When I work, I like to bring in my U2 CDs occasionally.
hey thats so great! i worked in one too! and i would put the cds in. i never burned my hand that way though. lol, i did get burned a lot. i used to sing along to the songs when i didnt think anybody was in there and a couple times i got caught belting out some tunes to unexpected customers....and my boss
i would say that was an honorable way to get sent to the emergency room for you! oh ,heres one for you. i was singing along to electrical storm on the radio...i totally forgot about this.... anyway, i was working at a pizza parlor and i was using this metal green pepper dicer. well i kinda accidentally stuck my finger in it and slammed it down as hard as i could. it almost took the first joint of my middle finger clean off. i had to get rushed to the emergency room and stitched up. that hurt so bad! i still have nerve damage because i severed the nerve, and it really sucks for playing the guitar!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:09 AM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Thinking of Bono neck on a hillside.

Quote:
i was using this metal green pepper dicer. well i kinda accidentally stuck my finger in it and slammed it down as hard as i could.

Fingers coming off, hands being scalded, boobs flying everywhere! These aren't funny stories!!!

But the hill one was. You guys crack me up.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 08:07 AM
LOL. I ALSWAYS WALK INTO THE LAMP POST WHEN IM TRYING TO HIT THE HIGH CORUSES LIKE EDGE AND BONO. LOL.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:38 AM   #15
The Fly

Quote:
i started thinking about little things like bono and stuff and then my mind wandered to dirtier things like his neck and allathat good stuff. well right about the time i started thinking about what i thought he would smell like
mmmm...that would get me distracted too...!!!
these stories are hilarious!!!! i don't have any funny ones, unfortunately...but i do tend to completely zone out and have my family asking me things five times over coz i'd be dreaming about Bono singing to me.... *sigh*....
and u2bonogirl....it seems like you're prone to accidents when you listen to U2 at work..maybe you should try and get more people to listen so you wouldn't be the only one having the accidents..!! j/k. that might be good; more people need to listen to them!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:44 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Warning, listening to U2 can be an occupational hazard!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:56 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but that is the funniest story u2bonogirl

That made my day!

Bono is a dangerous man
Old 05-13-2004, 11:27 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:07 AM
Quote:

hey thats so great! i worked in one too! and i would put the cds in. i never burned my hand that way though. lol, i did get burned a lot. i used to sing along to the songs when i didnt think anybody was in there and a couple times i got caught belting out some tunes to unexpected customers....and my boss
i would say that was an honorable way to get sent to the emergency room for you! oh ,heres one for you. i was singing along to electrical storm on the radio...i totally forgot about this.... anyway, i was working at a pizza parlor and i was using this metal green pepper dicer. well i kinda accidentally stuck my finger in it and slammed it down as hard as i could. it almost took the first joint of my middle finger clean off. i had to get rushed to the emergency room and stitched up. that hurt so bad! i still have nerve damage because i severed the nerve, and it really sucks for playing the guitar!
Hey there are no boobs on that story.

Old 05-13-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly

Hey there are no boobs on that story.

Here is one with boobs. Well sort of, anyway. I was getting dressed to go out, in one of those flowy handkerchief skirts. I had a bra and the skirt on when Mysterious Ways came on the radio. Since the skirt seemed so perfect for it I decided to "belly dance" along to it. And believe me, I am no Morleigh! Anyway, I was really getting into it when my roommate came in with her boyfriend. Unfortunately, I had left my bedroom door open and he had seen most of my little show. I couldn't look him in the face for weeks.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:19 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Re: Re: you would never believe what happened to me because of Bono!

Quote:
Originally posted by GroundBeneathU2
but i do tend to completely zone out and have my family asking me things five times over coz i'd be dreaming about Bono singing to me.... *sigh*....
Haha, ditto. My family'll be telling me something, and I'll either absentmindedly go, "Yeah, yeah..." or they'll have to call my name a bunch of times before I finally realize, "Oh, you're talking to me!" . The poor people. .

Anywho, as for the story...LMAO, oh, my god! That's priceless!Glad you weren't hurt, though. .

Angela