You need to read this Slane review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i am speechless i am dumbstruck

please go read this. it's amazing its so powerful. Rose from u2literary.com - great site but her review, i am just floored. go read it. sit down. you need to sit down.

http://www.u2literary.com/U2TourDiary/Diary12Slane.html

And then a roar. The attempts at singing abandoned. Adam Clayton must have walked on stage, with that smile of elegant and pleased English gentleman I've seen more than once. I couldn't see him. The sea of arms was tossing around without a break between the waves. I imagined Larry Mullen slipping on stage just behind him, sliding behind his drumkit trying not to be noticed, though he couldn't help being pleased. They must have all gotten goosebumps. The view of so many maniacal tens of thousands there for YOU must be an overwhelming sight. Young faces lighting up at your appearance on a stage, loving you for doing what you love. It must be an amazing feeling.
go read the whole thing!

------------------
Take me to that twilight land

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

thank you for posting that, olive. wow. what a review! i was at slane 1, and i have chills after reading such a detailed and insightful review of the show. it truly was a night to be remembered. thanks again!
smile.gif

Post this in EYKIW, olive.

That was truly incredible. I really felt like I was there, feeling the same emotions as those who saw it in person. Her description of Bono's singing and the emotion in the place is damn near palpable. Wow.

Absolutely incredible writing. Wow.

I'm gonna print that out today and then read it.
smile.gif

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

And then a roar. The attempts at singing abandoned. Adam Clayton must have walked on stage, with that smile of elegant and pleased English gentleman I've seen more than once.

I did see him. I was there and it was mindblowing. I need some time now to digest this review.

thanks for posting it, Olive
smile.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 10-05-2001).]

It's amazing when someone finds the words to describe what happens to all of our souls at a U2 concert...... This is so incredibly beautiful.

------------------
She moves like a shadow across my skin...

Back
Top Bottom