You might be a U2 fan if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonavoix

War Child
Larry's lap. Enjoying what may come... *grin*

1) You've stopped measuring time in years and now measure it in U2 albums instead.
2) You hear Aerosmith's "Livin on the Edge" and get dirty thoughts.
3) A U2 concert is just as important as church.
4) You can't lay eyes on a pair of sunglasses without being reminded of Bono.
5) Phisto-ish clothing greatly excites you.
6) Your friends can't figure out why you start crying when they tell you they're on edge lately.
7) You spend weeks with someone writing a drama about your romance with one of the band members and you have the rest of PLEBA hooked on it---even yourself.
8) You've ever experienced "U2 withdrawl"
9) You're willing to get into a moving vehicle that has Bono behind the wheel.
10) You pass a Harley dealership and look around frantically for Larry Mullen.
11) You buy a horse and name it Bono just so you can walk bow legged and say you "rode Bono all day" with a straight face. <--- thank you Lindsey (Bonorattle)
12) U2 has ever caused a relationship of yours to end.
13) The phrase "hot blondes" brings only one thing to mind: Larry.
14) You think the phrase "He moves in mysterious ways" was stolen from the U2 song.
15) You ride elevators and sing "elevation" to yourself as you do so.
16) You keep hiding what Bono's looking for.

I can't think of any more... have at it!! Come up with more...
biggrin.gif

I must have clicked the wrong icon for this one... is there a way to change it? The one up there really doesn't make sense. *sigh* Ah well.

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-27-2001).]

There's the most obvious one, when someone says have a nice day you start to say 'you do the same' instead of 'you too' because it's too weird to say 'U2!' There are always comments people make that remind you of lyrics, and you look at a fellow U2 fan and grin, and they know.

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

17) You thought the movie Free Willy was about the making of the Achtung Baby cover.
18) You know you're a FEMALE U2 fan if you look at bono and see tall and skinny.
19) You know you're a Bono fanatic if you find yourself wanting to explore all the spots where he's "white, pink, and rosey."

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

20) You buy the "City Of Angels" DVD not for movie but for the U2 video at the end.

21) You think about taking Belly Dancing lessons after watching MW video or ZooTV live from Sydney.

22)All the CD's in your CD car changer are U2

23) Almost call a client "Adam Clayton". (I have a client by the name of Andy Clayton)

24) If you wake up at 6:45AM the day after Thanksgiving to be at BestBuy by 7:30AM to get a Free U2 CD

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-27-2001).]

I have two, although I know I've thought of more.
You might be a U2 fan when you see random people wearing U2 shirts on the street and you actually go out of your way to say hi to them and ask them if they went to the show... (yes, I've done it... multiple times ;-) )
and.. you might be a U2 fan if you drive through the desert and stop on the highway solely to take pictures of Joshua trees AND risk bringing tree prickles back through the border when you come home... (yup, I did that too) :)

81542596203_0_ALB.jpg

24. You can't hear the new remake of "smooth criminal" without thinking of Larry
biggrin.gif

25. You wear a U2 shirt 4 or more days out of the week.

26. You are known around school as the U2 fan

27. You write U2 everywhere, notebooks, planners, on your body etc
biggrin.gif

28. You see a waxing product and imagine how much you'd like to wax Larry
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 11-27-2001).]

29. The mere mention of everyday objects such as sticks, balls, kittens, lettuce, meat, spoons, martinis, wax, beanies, glasses, buttons, cranberry sauce, vintage wine, zucchini, and many others i'm sure I've forgotten, remind you of PLEBA and U2!

Fishy <><

------------------
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono, referring to a song he recently wrote for his dad...

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
You might be a U2 fan when you see random people wearing U2 shirts on the street and you actually go out of your way to say hi to them and ask them if they went to the show... (yes, I've done it... multiple times ;-) )

Hey-I do the same thing at work...I'm a cashier, and I'll see people in other lines, I've left my till and gone to speak with them. My coworkers think I'm nuts when I do that. I also accosted about 5 people in Las Vegas who happened to be wearing U2 shirts. My friend thinks that I normally talk to strangers. I do, but only if they are wearing a U2 shirt
biggrin.gif

hey this is weird... i can relate to all of these, especially hearing 'smooth criminal' and thinking of larry! and each time wondering if the pleba's are thinking the same thing??' now i know.

...when people say 'please' to me I cant help but reply 'get up of your knees,please'.

...bought the movie 'blown away' because they make reference to u2 in it ('you know that irish band') and play 'I still havent found what i'm looking for'.

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Soooo glad I'm not the only person who does that! Especially when I see people in Slane shirts!

You might be a U2 fan when you see random people wearing U2 shirts on the street and you actually go out of your way to say hi to them and ask them if they went to the show.[/IMG]

Oh, I've done that...but I'm even worse...I tell them to go to Interference.com and click on "Forum".
biggrin.gif
If they ask my name, I say, "Katherine...but you can call me Bonochick..."
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

You might be a U2 fan when you see random people wearing U2 shirts on the street and you actually go out of your way to say hi to them and ask them if they went to the show...

81542596203_0_ALB.jpg

While wearing a U2 shirt I have had fans come up to me and ask me how many U2 concerts that I have been too...and than swap stories...I think it is great how a U2 concert t-shirt can bring fans together...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bonavoix:

14) You think the phrase "He moves in mysterious ways" was stolen from the U2 song.

*incredously* You mean it WASN'T?? Seriously, really? It wasn't? Where's it from? *shock*

30) Anytime someone says, "Okay, you too" you hear
"Okay, U2" --and get very excited

31) Your biology professor mentions Ultraviolet light during a lecture and in your notebook you write
Ultraviolet: (Baby, baby, baby light my way) --may cause mutations of cells

32) Your Chem prof mentions Chemical Elevation--you, of course, hear EL-E-VA-TION!
(see? I've GOT to learn to concentrate more in school!)

------------------
*You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly, only fly for freedom*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-28-2001).]

Every time a guy goes by you on a motorcycle, you WISH it was Larry.

And you drift off blissfully into Larryland...
eek.gif

Ditto for any guy in a black beanie and/or goatee
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

If you hear over the PA in the middle of the store you start dancing around and singing...I did that once (okay, more then once) but I had a U2 shirt on...and it was a couple days after I saw them, and I was pointing to my shirt and telling random people that I just saw them...poor random people...

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

LOL I dance around in stores also!!! "Poor random People" HAHA!!!

When I went to see U2 in the summer when they were in DC, after the concert, whenever I would hear U2 on the radio or in a store and I was with my friend Felicia(who at the time was not a U2 fan, I have since converted her) anyway, I would say "Hey Guess what?" and she would just abscently reply "What" adn I would say "I saw them live" and she would freak out...like ARG! Why do I always fall for it!!! So after a while she caught on so I had to be sneaky with the way I got her to say "What" she wanted to kill me...but now that she has been to a U2 show(Baltimore) she does it to me!!! And I still fall for it evertime! Paybacks a Bitch.
smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono, referring to a song he recently wrote for his dad...

when someone says "in a little while" you get that gorgeuos rauncy bono voice in your head singin that line.

you know these all happen dont they,

i done the shoe box appeal (a box full of presents for refugees) and inside i put a little edge hat
smile.gif
so some little 5 year old will be walkin round lookin like edge how cool is that ;D

i mentioned that cause everytime i see one of them hats i shout "hey look a edgey hat" thats when my friends eyes start rollin
biggrin.gif
or they blush cause im not very sutle.

------------------
"dont let life discourage you, everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

10) You pass a Harley dealership and look around frantically for Larry Mullen.
LMAO! Sheisraging and I did this on the way to Montreal, stared at Bikers "slow down! slow down! what if it's Larry?" ... "but that's not a bike, that's a house on wheels!"

lol *sigh*

-You know you're a U2 fan if you travel many miles to a show with people you don't know and even sleep in a bed with strangers just to save $.
-Those strangers become your friends!
-You know you're a U2 fan if you buy your shirts extra long so you can have Bono sleeves
-You know you're a U2 fan if you are in a spa for the first time and in a bubble bath and reinact Bono's infamous bath picture!
-You know you're a u2 fan if your coworkers start singing WOWY to you as you pass by
-You know you're a U2 fan if you accidently say WOWY instead of With Or Without You to someone, and you understand what IGWSHA and WTSHNN and WGRYHH means.
-You know you're a U2 fan if someone writes about your *ahem* obsession in your college yearbook under "weird roommate habits"
-You know you're a u2 fan if you know what quote Bono is gonna pull out from his collection of quotes before he even opens his mouth!
-You know you're a U2 fan if the word "surely" makes you giggle.

------------------
Your eyes make a circle
I see you when I come in here

* U2 Take Me Higher *

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 11-28-2001).]

LMAO!! "Surely" really does make me laugh when I hear it.

And yes, all my students and co-workers know I'm a huge fan. And I also love to say "you too" to people, although I secretly mean "U2."

You know you're a huge U2 fan when any reference to "edge" makes you really excited. For example, a quilting ruler that says "Lip Edge Ruler" on it. A Quilting ruler!!! Yes, I'm losing my mind.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
29. The mere mention of everyday objects such as sticks, balls, kittens, lettuce, meat, spoons, martinis, wax, beanies, glasses, buttons, cranberry sauce, vintage wine, zucchini, and many others i'm sure I've forgotten, remind you of PLEBA and U2!

Fishy <><

LMAO!!!!
you forgot the yams!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono! ~Echo~

Also......

*hearing aids make you feel all tingly

*You can never hear the song "elevation" and stay calm

*Your best friends are Phistos

*You make up alter egos for yourself....

*You think that rugby picture is the greatest creation EVER.

*Your friends constantly demand that you stop telling other people about Bono. This usually starts with a yell of "YOU TWO -- cut it out!" But you can't hear past the first two words...

*Lemons in the market are FUNNY.

*You really start to believe that Brian Eno IS responsible for evil....
wink.gif

*You can give Tutorials on the history and significane of U2 and yet you can't get an A on a calculus test....rackem frackem

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 11-28-2001).]

....you draw the members of U2 (including a quite smudged MacPhistoe) on your feet during naptime on retreat....lol

3327376723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323279687749ot1lsi
*embarrassment*
3327376723232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323279687764ot1lsi
lol MacPhis Toe is smudged. Contary to popular belief, my foot is NOT bleeding. He's smudged. Lol

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

I gotta another one: You go into a music store, even though you have all the U2 cds you could prolly get at a music store, but you still have to go over and check out the cds...and also straighten them out, and picked out all the cds that dont belong in the beloved U2 section...(I also hid something that said, "MTV VMA Winner" cause I didn't want people to know that U2 sometimes comes down with the common folk of N'STINK, Backstreet Boys, and Britney Spears)

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

When people say "It's cold outside" (as they normally do, because it's Canada and ALWAYS cold), you automatically sing "But brightly lit/Skip the subway/Let's go to the overground/Get your head out of the mud baby"

You practice your Irish accent wherever possible

People know you as the U2-obsessed freak

You know you're a U2 fan if.....

~ Whenever someone says "Turn it on", you imagine it's Bono singing "Turn it onnnnnn, turn it on, turn me on....."

~ Feck, feck it all to heck, FOAD, wankers, em, hoo-ah and rackem frackem have all been added to your vocabulary

~ You don't dance: you gyrate

~ You own the DVD, but you still watched the Elevation Concert on Friday night on VH1 twice in a row

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

i'm REALLY trying to stay away from pleba so i can write my paper...its REALLY not working...arg

dunno if this really counts but it's sorta amusing to me...

my friend and i were getting ready for the u2 buffalo show, before i would consider myself a u2 fan....
my mom: "u2 are really old"
me and my friend: "what?"
mom: "u2 are really old"
me: "what are you talking about? we're 21!!!"
mom: "NO, THE BAND!!! NOT THE TWO OF YOU!!!"

then i'm sitting in my house with my roommates after the u2 hamilton show, and i would now consider myself obsessed...
bill: "do you two take route 20 to go home?"
me: "what?"
bill: "do you two take route 20 to go home?"
danielle: "no we take 63"
me: "OOOOH I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT U2 THE BAND, NOT THE TWO OF US!!!"

i need help lol

and in regards to dancing in stores to u2...i dont even need u2 to be playing to be dancing in the store...the other night i had a really bad song in my head, so i forced myself to start singing Elevation...so once that got in my head, i was "bono dancing" (so my friend said haha) and singing all through target and walmart with my friends hahaha. poor random people lol.

BACK TO MY PAPER!

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Ok, I thought of some more...

.... your classmates randomly say "Bono" just to see how fast you'll turn your head...

.... you can't look at an olive or a lemon without thinking of Popmart...

.... you realize that only times you've been at an airport this year was because of U2....

.... you paid $10... twice.... to see Tombraider this summer and told everyone that it's only redeeming feature was the clip of the Elevation influx mix in the middle and the Elevation remix during the credits....

Originally posted by DML:
I gotta another one: You go into a music store, even though you have all the U2 cds you could prolly get at a music store, but you still have to go over and check out the cds...and also straighten them out, and picked out all the cds that dont belong in the beloved U2 section

ok, I am glad I am not the only who does this.
smile.gif

Ok, ok, here's another one:

...you spend your spare time painting pictures of Adam Clayton on your nails... hehehe ;-)
74068107203_0_ALB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom