You look familiar, didn't you open for J. Geils back in '82?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Echo

War Child
Last night I watched my first Train video, and man, is that lead singer trying to be Bono or what? Scott Stapp is also a total rip-off artist with his obvious Rattle-And-Hum-Era Complex, not to mention all this "Our new album's gonna be the next Joshua Tree" blasphemy.

My question to you all was going to be, can you think of anyone else who is desperately trying to be Bono, or any of the lads?

But then I thought, you know what? If I got famous, I'd probably be just as bad as Scott and whatshisname from Train.

So I pose this additonal question: If you suddenly became a famous singer/musician/actor/whatever, would you do your best to imitate/reference/give props to any one or all members of U2? Would you blurt out inside jokes on national television? Would you hire Fintan Fitzgerald to design your clothes? Would you declare your undying love for Larry's Man Cleavage during your Oscar acceptance speech?

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

As for your first question, I thought N'Stink was desperately trying to become U2 with their Celebrity album/Pop tour. Boy bands just can't pull off irony like U2.

As for the second question ... YES! Of course I would give props to U2 for inspiring me.

Originally posted by Echo:
Last night I watched my first Train video, and man, is that lead singer trying to be Bono or what? Scott Stapp is also a total rip-off artist with his obvious Rattle-And-Hum-Era Complex, not to mention all this "Our new album's gonna be the next Joshua Tree" blasphemy.

My question to you all was going to be, can you think of anyone else who is desperately trying to be Bono, or any of the lads?

But then I thought, you know what? If I got famous, I'd probably be just as bad as Scott and whatshisname from Train.

So I pose this additonal question: If you suddenly became a famous singer/musician/actor/whatever, would you do your best to imitate/reference/give props to any one or all members of U2? Would you blurt out inside jokes on national television? Would you hire Fintan Fitzgerald to design your clothes? Would you declare your undying love for Larry's Man Cleavage during your Oscar acceptance speech?

-Echo

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Feck yeah!

Imagines her speech for wining her nobel prize:

Ana- I want to give thanks to the man who inspired me to take action and make this female dream come true.
Thank you, Mr The Edge!
Without your great vision, the Orgasmatron wouldn't be born .
Crowd- Yeah!! *applauses* The Edge is "Tha Man"

biggrin.gif

------------------
...and I feel
like I'm holding on to nothing...

Back
Top Bottom