Yikes mommy I'm scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icelady

War Child
In the chest in my attic underneath all the dust
084.jpg

Eeeekkkk mommy run run run while you can.
Mommy Mommy I'm scared....what is it?

Mommy: Don't worry it's just that rock start that thinks shaving his hair was a good idea.

Little girl: Gee mommy that wasn't a very good idea. Now he just scares little girls...

Mommy: Yes I know dear but don't worry. He'll see the light(especially when it reflects off his head!)

Happy Halloween everyone!

I will not run, I will not hide but will enjoy the ride...

AARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!
eek.gif
That's the most frightening thing I've ever seen! Nothing that comes to my door tonight will strike as much fear in me as that has!!!

Trick or treat! What a dirty trick! What a nightmare, the ghouls are on parade in their ridiculous costumes, help Mommy!
ba-pop3.jpg

ba-pop14.jpg

ba-pop47.jpg

YYYIIIIIKKKKKKEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!
What the hell is it, they're coming this way, hide! LOCK THE DOOR! No candy for you odd looking characters, you're just too scary!
ba-pop68.jpg

Then maybe you shouldn't be posting that! :p You might offend people you know!Hey, if Bono scares yah, no problem I'll take him! Hair or no hair! It's still Bono!
smile.gif
You know, hate to tell yah this, but as Bono gets older ..... *whispers* he will eventually lose his hair! OMG! *runs outta of this thread scared*
biggrin.gif
That was your Halloween ghost story! Hope you enjoyed it! LOL

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Is it just me or does Bono look like Paul Shafer (I dunno how to spell his last name) from David Letterman when he's bald? Maybe halloween is playin tricks on me.

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

What a stage....time ages people...true....hair recedes naturally...true...and Bono does age gracefully and if I do say so myself ripens the older he gets
wink.gif
wink.gif

But why push it before it's time....Change is good but there is some change that is just bad....

that's my .02 worth (I'm sure there are some that think that's about what it's worth!)

Conflict is good - it's what makes the world go around doesn't it.

Now stop scaring me will you!

Originally posted by icelady:
OOOOhhhh please mommy tell me when I can open my eyes....

080.jpg

BUT seriously what the hell is that??? And make it go away....
smile.gif

081.jpg

I know exactly what you mean!! What are those things and what were they thinking when they chose those costumes? SHIVERS!

What a stage....time ages people...true....hair recedes naturally...true...and Bono does age gracefully and if I do say so myself ripens the older he gets
wink.gif
wink.gif

But why push it before it's time....Change is good but there is some change that is just bad....

that's my .02 worth (I'm sure there are some that think that's about what it's worth!)

I agree! Thank God in 2000 we could open our eyes again! I just thought as beautiful as Bono had been and as cool as they all had been there was really no excuse for some of those, uh, fashion choices. They all look like a joke to me, but at the time I was too busy crying, now at last that the nightmare is over I can laugh! Happy Halloween!
biggrin.gif

As far as losing hair, not everyone does you know. Bono's father lived to be 75 and never lost his. With guys I've noticed, if you don't start going bald in your 20's you likely won't, it's hereditary, not a mandatory male process. Look around, Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Roger Daltrey, Bob Dylan- all well into their late 50's or even 60 and none are bald. It doesn't always happen.

084.jpg

OMG is it just me or does Bono look like Freddie Krueger in this pic? *gah* *Scared* *cries*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

Yeah, but what it comes down to it, its BONO HAIR, he has the right to do what he damn pleases! If he wanted to cut his hair, well, its up to him! I don't see the big fuss. Call me crazy but some of you put WAY too much emphasis on his hair, like it was a your very own prize possesion! Hair or no Hair, again its still BONO! If he wants to shave his head again (Now, please don't pass out I'm just saying IF) and he came knockin' at your door, you will run away? And call Bono "hideous" or "skin head" or whatever other names he's been reffered to? I sure as hell won't! I'm sick of the hair crap, its only freakin' hair. The only problem I have is when people start generalizing everyone with short hair and stubble as "sleazy men who hang out at truck stops." Because that is just flat out ignorant. I know a lot of people with short hair and stubble, and it doesn't mean they are sleazy. Im sorry but this was brought up before just had to say that!

Anywho, It's his HAIR, let him do what he wants with it! I don't care, grow it long, shave it off, put on a wig, get a fro, who cares! It doesn't change who BONO IS! And doesn't change the music that U2 makes! And that is my 2 cents.
smile.gif
And I won't say anything else on the subject to avoid stupid childish arguments on *sigh* the "H" obession!
smile.gif

BTW- I do think the pic of his shaved head is funny! He's so silly!

PS. The Mullet years scare me the most in a joking way of course! I could never really hate any look Bono has had. But the mullet... LOL

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 10-31-2001).]

OK now retract those claws,

Oh please. My very own prize possession. (I'm still laughing about that one.)

People need to relax. There is no need to throw protests into threads... The threads are their to enjoy not to argue. If you don't like the thread then pass by it until you find one that interests you. No need to belittle other peoples fun because you are tired of it.

At the end of the day we're all the same. We go home to our friends, our family, and our world. That's what's important. Not what people think of ones mop? You know that right?

While I chose to look at certain eras more favourably then others doesn't mean a cotton picking thing to anyone else but me.

There are people who feel more strongly than others about certain eras and I won't even go into that one.

Just let people post as they wish and instead of causing tension in the world....just let it be....

Now really girls I mean it, I'm hiding in the closet and I'm not coming out until you say its OK.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
and
wink.gif

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
Yeah, but what it comes down to it, its BONO HAIR, he has the right to do what he damn pleases! If he wanted to cut his hair, well, its up to him! I don't see the big fuss. Call me crazy but some of you put WAY too much emphasis on his hair, like it was a your very own prize possesion! Hair or no Hair, again its still BONO! If he wants to shave his head again (Now, please don't pass out I'm just saying IF) and he came knockin' at your door, you will run away? And call Bono "hideous" or "skin head" or whatever other names he's been reffered to? I sure as hell won't! I'm sick of the hair crap, its only freakin' hair. The only problem I have is when people start generalizing everyone with short hair and stubble as "sleazy men who hang out at truck stops." Because that is just flat out ignorant. I know a lot of people with short hair and stubble, and it doesn't mean they are sleazy. Im sorry but this was brought up before just had to say that!

Anywho, It's his HAIR, let him do what he wants with it! I don't care, grow it long, shave it off, put on a wig, get a fro, who cares! It doesn't change who BONO IS! And doesn't change the music that U2 makes! And that is my 2 cents.
smile.gif
And I won't say anything else on the subject to avoid stupid childish arguments on *sigh* the "H" obession!
smile.gif

BTW- I do think the pic of his shaved head is funny! He's so silly!

PS. The Mullet years scare me the most in a joking way of course! I could never really hate any look Bono has had. But the mullet... LOL

and for that matter, for the sermon you just wrote, you also add a dig to a certain coif??

Now is that calling the kettle black or what???
wink.gif
Its' OK for you to joke but noone else? Hmmmmm very interesting.

now back to the normally scheduled programming...Now I'll retract my claws and go back to being me
smile.gif

Little girl hears a strange knock at the door.

Mommy: Can you get that dear the candy is in the bowl near the door.

Little Girl: OK Mommy now that that scary man is gone I feel better..

((little girl runs and opens the door))

BOO!
008.jpg

((little girl drops candy bowl and cowers under the table))

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mommy: Don't worry dear. Just close your eyes and think of something sweet....

Little Girl:
bono-main.gif

OK Mommy....I feel better now

and for that matter, for the sermon you just wrote, you also add a dig to a certain coif??

Now is that calling the kettle black or what???
wink.gif
Its' OK for you to joke but noone else? Hmmmmm very interesting.

now back to the normally scheduled programming...Now I'll retract my claws and go back to being me
smile.gif

Ok Freak it I'll reply to this one, dear lord.

Um it wasn't a sermon. Sorry you saw it as that. I was trying to express my opinions like you did, and I didn't judge you for that.

I never said DON'T MAKE FUN OF whatever you guys are making fun of. I have never said horrible things about Bono looking "hideous " with mullet. I just think it was a funny look. I don't go around saying all men with Mullets are horrible, and blah blah.

My POINT which you missed completely is how some of you love to put so much emphasis on Bonos "hair", like the main focus of OBSESSION.

I don't have a cow if you guys want to make fun of the POP go for it! Have Fun! I never said anything bad about mullet, nor did I say that people who have mullets are just horrible. And hang out in bars or truck stops. NO. But in the past stupid generalization have been made with all men in generial with short hair, and that is stupid and beyond ignorant. I'm sorry that you just can't see my point. But I really don't want to start things. So think and feel what you want. Just remember next time someone says Bono looked funny with a MULLET, don't go crazy on them, cause that has happened in the past. Where I never said DON'T MAKE FUN OF THE POP LOOK! Hell I have made fun of it the past.

Adios! Peace I seriously hope you don't get too over worked over this argument like some people have. Its just a discussion no need to get your "claws" out. And that is it! I'll just forget about this thread all together!
smile.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 10-31-2001).]

lol! You guys!
smile.gif

At lunch today this girl Kelly lent me this guitar magazine from Barcelona (lol I don't know why) that had a story about the Edge!
smile.gif
"the..." They had pics of him in his cowboy get-up

My friend Katie: OMG! *snatch* Is that Tim McGraw? *strokes magazine*

Mona: NO! It's Edge!

Katie: *drops magazine* EW, gross!

So I was sitting there reading about the Edge in SPANISH, which drives Katie nuts. I tell her stories about spanish class or about things my mom or grandma say (they're from Ecuador) all the time, and her reactions are always hilarious
smile.gif
Anywayz....

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

Can we please have no more arguments about Bono's hair!?! It seems like every month or so the whole hair thing gets brought up again, and everyone goes crazy! This thread was obviously meant to be a joke, so there's no need to get offended or defensive about this. Peace?

smile.gif
I agree. I'm sure everyone knows this is a joke by now, though. I hope!
smile.gif
We love Bono, so it's all good!

------------------

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
bo-pop45.gif

Oh Bono why did you have to SCARE me like this!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nooo! Bono isn't scary in this pic....

Personally I think he's one HOT TAMALE in the Discotheque video.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

It's not fair that Bono is so hot!
biggrin.gif
tamale tamale

------------------

I'm sure you gathered that I am new to this forum.

I came to this forum because I, just like all of you, enjoy the group of people known as U2. I didn't come here to trade barbs with anyone here.

Let me just say, there is nothing wrong with short hair or no hair for that matter! Hell my husband of 12 years is what you would call "balding". So when you suggest to me not to generalize I would ask that you not do the same.

We all are on common ground here and we share the same canvas I'd like to think.

Forums are forums for sharing and laughing and talking and sometimes fighting I guess.

I would never judge anyone or group of individuals just as you don't.

Take things with a grain of salt is all I say.

Just like you look at the, dare I say it, Mullet in a FUNNY way I look at the object of this thread in a FUNNY way - I think you agree with me there.

Just thought I'd explain my train of thought...

Icelady, let me just apologize if I seemed a bit too I dunno edgy. I never meant to say that you personally generalized all men with short hair, it was someone here that does that constantly in the past and I was just bringing that up cause its annoying. And just like you I have many friends with short or no hair at all. It had nothing against you. I never meant to make it sound it was you. If it came out that way, I'm sorry. About the whole joking thing, I know that your just joking, I mean who doesn't like to joke? I laugh at many Bono pics no matter what era or stuff it is. I know your new, and you don't understand the past arguments we have had on the whole innnocent POP era. And thank god you weren't here either back then cause it was dumb. Again, I like having peace, and hopefully with you I can communicate in peace.
smile.gif
And thank you for being very understandable. It hard to to talk to people when we have opposing views, that's why certain people here I ignore don't won't even bother with thier posts. Again Lets just post in peace.
smile.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I'm sure you gathered that I am new to this forum.

I came to this forum because I, just like all of you, enjoy the group of people known as U2. I didn't come here to trade barbs with anyone here.

Let me just say, there is nothing wrong with short hair or no hair for that matter! Hell my husband of 12 years is what you would call "balding". So when you suggest to me not to generalize I would ask that you not do the same.

We all are on common ground here and we share the same canvas I'd like to think.

Forums are forums for sharing and laughing and talking and sometimes fighting I guess.

I would never judge anyone or group of individuals just as you don't.

Take things with a grain of salt is all I say.

Just like you look at the, dare I say it, Mullet in a FUNNY way I look at the object of this thread in a FUNNY way - I think you agree with me there.

Just thought I'd explain my train of thought...

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
so63949.jpg

*stares at hot picture to cleanse mind*

HOT?? YUCK!! That's just as ugly and scary as the bald pic, and twice as smelly! EWWWW! Now I need something PRETTY to cleanse my mind!
S260147.jpg

Si23201.jpg

5125225.jpg

Ah, what a relief. PRETTY Bono with his gorgeous black hair, not a shiny head or slimy stubble. Thank goodness, I can look now. If only my computer could recover!
biggrin.gif

Dear Monica- YOU are the one who always gets in the middle of everything concerning hair and rants on until you cause a fight. In case you didn't notice, YOU caused the controversy here. You swear it doesn't matter, but still you must insert your long-winded diatribes! If it really doesn't matter then give it up! Of course you blame everyone else, swear they don't respect your opinion and crap but you are a hypocrite, you are a pot who calls the kettle black and I'm glad someone else can see it. You have been the instigator and the guilty party here. If you would just leave it alone, and let it be, there would be no trouble. Try it.

For the record, yes, I admit looks DO matter to me. Let's face it, rather or not anyone admits it, we are all attracted to different things that push our buttons. Black leather and dark, shoulder-length hair press my button every time. Sorry, but skinheads in muscle shirts only leave me grabbing for a barf bag. It's like if you were buying a house, and it was a pretty white house with blue shutters and lots of apple trees, and you went back see it again and they had covered it in orange and purple plastic and cut down all the trees, you wouldn't be as attracted to it, right? Now somewhere out there is a person who hates trees and loves purple plastic who will buy it, but it won't be me. We drool, we sigh, we look because what we are looking at is what we consider beautiful. I do not buy the business about looks not changing who a person is. Give me a break, none of us actually know these guys! We read things, but really 90% of the reason we like them is PHYSICAL ATTRACTION! We don't really know them as human beings, we can feel that way about our loved ones because we do know them, but not rock stars, come on! I also believe that Pop Bono was changed on the inside as well as the outside, and that had something to do with me not liking him. He had changed personalities and wanting that outrageous look was part of it. There are reasons you like a person, aren't there? When they destroy those reasons you don't feel the same. Hey, that happens with our real boyfriends and husbands too, that's why there are so many breakups! Of course, I did take Bono 'back,' he's so gorgeous and soft and cuddly now, and he means more to me than ever. I hope I have made myself clear enough to avoid flames.

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-01-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom